Fire Mike Tomlin?

Dec 11, 2009 Full story: CBS SportsLine 42

I am dead serious Steelers fans. I am as critical as any of you, but I am not ready to throw in the Terrible Towel just yet.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Please Fire Mike TOmlin

Geneva, FL

#1 Dec 11, 2009
Before he destroys this once proud franchise even further!! The team won the Super Bowl in spite of Mike Tomlin, and they got LUCKY!!

THis team is soft, undescplined, and quickly becoming an embarassment to Pittsburgh fans. Consecutive losses to teh Chiefs, Raiders and Browns....really?!!! He's going to unleash hell in December. He's right, they unleashed hell on thier fans!

Mike Tomlin sucks and needs to go!!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#2 Dec 11, 2009
I think it's Tomlin shouldn't be fired unless he doesn't do anything to replace his coaching staff. He needs to start with Bruce Arians and go all the way down the line. Why does the special teams coach still have a job? why was he even hired? same goes for the offensive line coach. I question tomlins ability to make good personnel decisions if arians and his staff and the special teams coach is any indication.
Tomlin

Atlanta, GA

#3 Dec 11, 2009
I question the heart of this entire roster. Need more AED devices on the sidelines.
steelerwonders

Wexford, PA

#5 Dec 14, 2009
Well..his behavior and attitude need to be addressed and perhaps the rest of the players will be considerate of eachother..Seems to me the players are showing signs of bad attitudes as well..it all comes from the coach..right??
R Steelers

Pullman, WA

#6 Dec 20, 2009
Mike Tomlin is done, he won the Superbowl on the team that Bill Cower built. He needs to take charge and fire Bruce Arians as well as put a little fire under Ben's @$$. I am so disgusted with how Mike Tomlin has (and continues) to ruin this once great football franchise. Mike Tomlin turned the Superbowl champs in a huge joke.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#7 Dec 20, 2009
Tomlin wrote:
I question the heart of this entire roster. Need more AED devices on the sidelines.
There is your heart, a 37-36 win. Regardless of playoffs and all that crap, we had life in us.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#8 Dec 20, 2009
R Steelers wrote:
Mike Tomlin is done, he won the Superbowl on the team that Bill Cower built. He needs to take charge and fire Bruce Arians as well as put a little fire under Ben's @$$. I am so disgusted with how Mike Tomlin has (and continues) to ruin this once great football franchise. Mike Tomlin turned the Superbowl champs in a huge joke.
Let's not get silly now.
Pie

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Dec 21, 2009
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's not get silly now.
The fact of the matter is that Polamalu was carrying the defensive secondary. And Roethlisberger was making the O line look good with his scramble. Now with Troy out and Ben somewhat gun shy, the team has fallen apart. Arians play calling stinks too.

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#10 Dec 22, 2009
Fire Tomlin?
No.
If he doesn't fire that dipshit special teams coach we have during the offseason I'm going to be pissed at him, but I'll give him next season to turn it around.
If he keeps him and we wind up losing three games because we gave up ST TD's then put me on the list callnig for his head.

BEAT BALTIMORE!!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#11 Dec 22, 2009
R Steelers wrote:
Mike Tomlin is done, he won the Superbowl on the team that Bill Cower built. He needs to take charge and fire Bruce Arians as well as put a little fire under Ben's @$$. I am so disgusted with how Mike Tomlin has (and continues) to ruin this once great football franchise. Mike Tomlin turned the Superbowl champs in a huge joke.
I'm not sure I buy that. He took a team that had gone 8-8, and within two years won a SB. Also, Kevin Colbert "built" the team as much as Cowher, and he's still there calling a lot of the personnel shots. I do agree about Arians, and he should probably throw in Ligashesky, Zierlein, Wilson and whoever the hell the secondary coach is.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#12 Dec 22, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I buy that. He took a team that had gone 8-8, and within two years won a SB. Also, Kevin Colbert "built" the team as much as Cowher, and he's still there calling a lot of the personnel shots. I do agree about Arians, and he should probably throw in Ligashesky, Zierlein, Wilson and whoever the hell the secondary coach is.
the problem with the secondary is aaron smith is out so not as much push on the pocket and troy is out so the QB has an easier job. with those guys out the combo of gay, taylor, clark, carter just isn't a dominate force out there.

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#13 Dec 22, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem with the secondary is aaron smith is out so not as much push on the pocket and troy is out so the QB has an easier job. with those guys out the combo of gay, taylor, clark, carter just isn't a dominate force out there.
I really miss McFadden. I think he was a far greater off season loss that most people realize.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#14 Dec 22, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
I really miss McFadden. I think he was a far greater off season loss that most people realize.
totally agree. i watched an arizona game the other week and was very impressed with mcfadden. the dude is lights out in coverage and a very good tackler too.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#15 Dec 22, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem with the secondary is aaron smith is out so not as much push on the pocket and troy is out so the QB has an easier job. with those guys out the combo of gay, taylor, clark, carter just isn't a dominate force out there.
That's not the only problem with the secondary. We can't blame their utter inability to close their hands around a football on the loss of Smith and Polamalu. A good coach would make them catch until their hands were bleeding.

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#16 Dec 23, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the only problem with the secondary. We can't blame their utter inability to close their hands around a football on the loss of Smith and Polamalu. A good coach would make them catch until their hands were bleeding.
They often say that theu become DBs instead of WRs becaue they can't catch but what is goining with us this year is pathetic. What's the new kid's name, Burket or something? On the Raider's last drive he got hit in the chest with a DUCK and he dropped it! He makes that pick and its game over Steelers victory. Same last week against GB, Woodley had a ball in his hands that he dropped, we won anyway but at that point I was like "here we go again, a game clinching opportunity pissed away".

While we're talking about DB's, does anything some up our season with these guys more than when Adrian Peterson steamrolled Gay?

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#17 Dec 23, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the only problem with the secondary. We can't blame their utter inability to close their hands around a football on the loss of Smith and Polamalu. A good coach would make them catch until their hands were bleeding.
200 balls a day minimum.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#18 Dec 23, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
They often say that theu become DBs instead of WRs becaue they can't catch but what is goining with us this year is pathetic. What's the new kid's name, Burket or something? On the Raider's last drive he got hit in the chest with a DUCK and he dropped it! He makes that pick and its game over Steelers victory. Same last week against GB, Woodley had a ball in his hands that he dropped, we won anyway but at that point I was like "here we go again, a game clinching opportunity pissed away".
While we're talking about DB's, does anything some up our season with these guys more than when Adrian Peterson steamrolled Gay?
gay was pretty good last year rotating in and good in certain packages but as an everydown CB he doesn't seem to have it. he's more of a zone guy I think.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#20 Dec 31, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
They often say that theu become DBs instead of WRs becaue they can't catch but what is goining with us this year is pathetic. What's the new kid's name, Burket or something? On the Raider's last drive he got hit in the chest with a DUCK and he dropped it! He makes that pick and its game over Steelers victory. Same last week against GB, Woodley had a ball in his hands that he dropped, we won anyway but at that point I was like "here we go again, a game clinching opportunity pissed away".
While we're talking about DB's, does anything some up our season with these guys more than when Adrian Peterson steamrolled Gay?
Burnett's drop is the most putrid Steeler play of the year, IMO. If he'd closed his hands around it, instead of looking into the stands to see which hottie he could hand it to when he'd run it in, we'd be in the playoffs.

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#21 Jan 4, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Burnett's drop is the most putrid Steeler play of the year, IMO. If he'd closed his hands around it, instead of looking into the stands to see which hottie he could hand it to when he'd run it in, we'd be in the playoffs.
....and now with the 15/15 vision that comes with being a Monday morning CB if he makes that pick the Steelers are in the playoffs. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO Burnett in that there were quite a few other plays that could have been made to have given us one more win, but that one sticks out like a sore thumb.

And WTF was up with Townsend yesterday? Someone tell him he could take off every other play or something? Dude was WALKING.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#22 Jan 4, 2010
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
....and now with the 15/15 vision that comes with being a Monday morning CB if he makes that pick the Steelers are in the playoffs. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO Burnett in that there were quite a few other plays that could have been made to have given us one more win, but that one sticks out like a sore thumb.
And WTF was up with Townsend yesterday? Someone tell him he could take off every other play or something? Dude was WALKING.
"Monday morning CB!" I like that. Yeah, that was weird on that TD play. He looked like he was just strolling after him leisurely. He is getting a little old and slow--there was talk of moving him to safety earlier in the season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Panthers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Donald, Falcons Draft Pick? (Feb '14) Feb '14 pablo 1
Who Is Likely To Be Available When The Dallas C... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Peter Pan 1
How Much More Time Do the Washington Redskins G... (Oct '13) Oct '13 cscowardin 1
Bengals 20, Steelers 10 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ben Cheeseburger 3
Rochester OL Webb Commits to Rutgers (Apr '13) Apr '13 Anonymous 1
Back to drawing board for Pitt football (Nov '12) Nov '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
Devin Street, two other Pitt football players c... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Sheik Yerbouti 2
More from around the web