Ohio State Football: Blown Lead in 34-27 Loss to Nebraska Seals Fickell's Fate

Oct 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

You didn't wantonly cheat and hide damning emails, trade autographs and sports memorabilia for tattoos, or collect cash for no-show jobs - but you didn't win any meaningful football games, either.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Janie Lane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

How can you blame poor Coach Luke Fickell???? He had not choice in his staff of coaches. He was just dumped in the head spot with no choices on his part. Do you or can you blame him for the troubled year that Ohio State has had??? He is probably the most admirable person in the United States who had the nerve and GUTS to take on "Interim" head coach at Ohio State. Would you my friend have taken this position under the circumstances Ohio State has??? NO - be honest Luke Fickel is a hero in my book.

“Mmm OSU! It's whats for dinner”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Janie...welcome to the B10, youngling.

Blame must be placed, fairly or not, on whoever sits on the throne. Ever hear of musical chairs?

It's like that.

GO BADGERS!
cmaglaughlin

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

Maybe Luke can fill in for Judge Alex. He looks like his clone.
buckey nut

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

Janie Lane wrote:
How can you blame poor Coach Luke Fickell???? He had not choice in his staff of coaches. He was just dumped in the head spot with no choices on his part. Do you or can you blame him for the troubled year that Ohio State has had??? He is probably the most admirable person in the United States who had the nerve and GUTS to take on "Interim" head coach at Ohio State. Would you my friend have taken this position under the circumstances Ohio State has??? NO - be honest Luke Fickel is a hero in my book.
hes starting guiton next game... why? because bauserman sux.....fickel could have done that last night instead he chose to blow that game. tressel found it hard to think in the rush of the game and apparently so does fickell. Also like tressell he likes to hit the gas then tap on the brake. dosn't work in college football

“DEC 7 1941”

Since: Dec 06

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Bauserman looked like he was scared to death. Losing a 21change pt lead is just wrong. Yes, it's going to be a very painful season. Look for Ill to spank us this weekend as well. I had thought we would finish 7-5, now its more like 5-7.
Greenwave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Fickel can salvage this season by beating those merde from Ann Arbor. IF he does, HE CAN STAY ANYTIME!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

That's a bunch of crap about Fickell being a hero for taking his dream job - turmoil or not. They would have coaches lined up at that door to take the job. This is a good opportunity for him to further his career.

That said, one person has ultimate authority on a team and that is the HC. He chose to play Bauserman when everyone else can see that he doesn't have what it takes to compete at this level. A good coach would have known that in practice or, at the very least, been ready to react and sit him for good after the Miami game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••