Men's basketball: Buckeyes don't get much time to rest up | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

David Lighty knows how to prepare for a game. He has played in 149 for Ohio State, more than any other basketball player in school history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Paul

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

GO BUCKS!!!!!!
Go Bucks

Pataskala, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Let's go, Bucks! Bring home a Big Ten Championship!
ImUrPO

Wellington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

This has the makings of an Upset !! Short rest period, Wisconsin this weekend. I'm not going to lie when I say, I'm alittle nervous.

GO BUCKEYES !!!
greenville

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Go Bucks !!!!!!!!! you can do it
Chucky

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Lighty tends to disappear during games lately, his has underacheived his senior year.
Westerville Buckeye

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Tonight's game will test our new found defensive intensity a little better than Indiana did.

I think we held Indiana to about 38%, but they were only averaging 39.8% for the season.

Penn State shot over 50% against us last time. So, tonight's game will be a better evaluation.
Clint

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

The Nittany Lions will be fired up for the # 1 Team in The Land in the Ohio State Basketball Buckeyes . The Bryce -Jordan Center will be rockin' tonite at 9P with 15,451 fans ..... Go Basketball Buckeyes !
Stuck in the Stone Age

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Trap game if there ever was one.
Jim

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Chucky wrote:
Lighty tends to disappear during games lately, his has underacheived his senior year.
Dear Chucky;
You are an idiot! Have you ever played against him? I doubt if you even attend the games in person. You probably sit on your ass eating popcorn and form your idiotic opinion. In the future, please keep your uninformed, idiotic opinions to yourself.
Go Bucks (from Michigan).

Since: Oct 09

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Chucky wrote:
Maybe you should check with some of the coaches comments on Lighty and see what they say about him. And I don't know of any player in the BIG10 that has a great game every time they hit the floor. If you can think of one please enlighten me.
kenmore

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Negative, negative, negative. Tough place to play in the middle of nowhere and not your father's Penn St team the Lions are motivated and a pretty good team. That said the bucks by six.
On Tobacco Road

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

ImUrPO wrote:
This has the makings of an Upset !! Short rest period, Wisconsin this weekend. I'm not going to lie when I say, I'm alittle nervous.
GO BUCKEYES !!!
Usually I agree with you and a few times disagree. I'm with you on this one. I think we'll handle the kittens but my confidence level hovers in the mid-range.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

This is going to be a battle. Look at the past three games and the game today. Indiana wasn't going for anything, but Illinois, Michigan State, and now Penn State are all desperate for a win that puts them in the dance. It's not an easy task especially as the #1 team in the country. They just need to play solid defense and keep the crowd out of the game. If they do, it's not a problem to walk out with a win. But if PSU starts hitting random shots like at Purdue and at Wisconsin, we are going to have a really tough game. Go Bucks!
seamus

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Chucky wrote:
Lighty is the most complete player on the team and has given everything he has to this endeavor. The Ohio State Univ., and you as a fan, are lucky to have David represent us as a gentleman, role model and player. I wish we had a thousand David Lighty's.
Brutus

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

I think OSU will do well. Sullinger didn't play a lot against Indy and will go off tonight. They haven't beaten us since 2004.
Okiebuck

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Could be a trap game but...I think after Sully didn't play much Sunday that Thad will pound the ball down low early and often with alot of success. This is when I really hate the BTN living here in Big 12 country; I'm hoping I can get it on XM Radio.
Okiebuck

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Chucky wrote:
In the words of Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes; you know NOTHING!! He has put TEAM goals ahead of personal stats which is always what should happen in a team game. Does a record of 27-2 not mean anything to you??

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Okiebuck wrote:
Could be a trap game but...I think after Sully didn't play much Sunday that Thad will pound the ball down low early and often with alot of success. This is when I really hate the BTN living here in Big 12 country; I'm hoping I can get it on XM Radio.
Take a trip to your local sports bar...I'm sure they will have the #1 team in the country on television. Either that or if you are registered on ESPN3.com it might be on there.
Paul

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a trip to your local sports bar...I'm sure they will have the #1 team in the country on television. Either that or if you are registered on ESPN3.com it might be on there.
Here in sec country, it is VERY rare to find a sports bar that has the B1GTEN network. I have had to go to some crazy "NUT" extremes to get to see my Buckeyes play. It's always worth it though.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!
bsharp

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Chucky wrote:
You crazy. Dave Lighty is a team player and nobody has elevated this team more than he. He is nationally recognized for his efforts from being on the All-Glue team to the Lowe's Senior Leadership award nominee. Defense, offense, whatever is needed, Dave Lighty can provide it. Nobody else on any team is like him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ohio State Buckeyes NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Ohio State Buckeyes NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Big Ten couldn't shoot this season, except ... Mar 27 Go Blue Forever 1
NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting Which 20... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Preston Hubbard 1
Breaking Down Whether Ohio State Basketball Wil... (Apr '13) Apr '13 midtown 1
Thomas leads No. 15 Buckeyes past Purdue 74-64 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Noahmiller 1
Duke Tops Ohio State, 73-68: Mason Plumlee Lead... (Nov '12) Dec '12 trekk 2
Deshaun Thomas Explains Decision To Remain At O... (Apr '12) May '12 Hip and Cooool 3
Ohio State's maturity a work in progress (Jan '12) Apr '12 Le trou de balle 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••