Tom Brady is Overrated

Full story: Dr. U 10,029
Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. Full Story

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9883 Apr 11, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the 2012 NCAA, but yeah...how many other teams are doing it?
All of them. That is what I have been trying to tell you. Bounties have been common practice in the NFL for decades.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#9884 Apr 11, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them. That is what I have been trying to tell you. Bounties have been common practice in the NFL for decades.
Now that it is coming more and more to the forefront, isn't it up to the Commish to clean the sport up? Or do you think it's ok to continue what you say has been "going on for decades?" I know there is more protection (penalties and equipment) than there use to be, but seriously, teams can't win without hiring hit men? Is there glory in that?

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#9885 Apr 11, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I already affirmed this, but I've heard of it before.

Location hidden

#9886 Apr 13, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that it is coming more and more to the forefront, isn't it up to the Commish to clean the sport up? Or do you think it's ok to continue what you say has been "going on for decades?" I know there is more protection (penalties and equipment) than there use to be, but seriously, teams can't win without hiring hit men? Is there glory in that?
I wasn't offering an opinion on the subject in that post. Merely stating a fact. You are acting all flabbergasted like what the Saints did was something SO atrocious that everyone involved should be thrown out of the sport when I have been trying to tell you that what the Saints did was little more than every other football team in the league has done since the beginning of time.

The Commissioner banned this practice around 3 years ago. What the Saints did wrong was a) continued with the practice, and b) kept detailed records of it that not only allowed the NFL to find proof but made it almost an official program within the team.

Location hidden

#9887 Apr 13, 2012
My guess is that it is still going on and will continue to go on unofficially on at least some teams. It is not much different than cheering a defensive player in the film room when he hits a player form the other team hard.

I seriously doubt that the bounties have much influence, really. These are all guys that naturally like hitting other men hard, are very competitive, and like to show dominance over other men. They aren't hitting anybody as hard as they can for pocket change - they are hitting them because they love it.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#9889 Apr 13, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
My guess is that it is still going on and will continue to go on unofficially on at least some teams. It is not much different than cheering a defensive player in the film room when he hits a player form the other team hard.
I seriously doubt that the bounties have much influence, really. These are all guys that naturally like hitting other men hard, are very competitive, and like to show dominance over other men. They aren't hitting anybody as hard as they can for pocket change - they are hitting them because they love it.
LOL "pocket change."

This acknowledgment makes me very saddened. I know men like to HIT men. I didn't think it has gone as far as it has.... as in crippling players ON PURPOSE.

I think back to when Stingley was hit by Tatum (I'm also Raiders fan), and I never took it as a personal endeavor on Stingley"s part. It just happened. This is part of my reasoning ... why would mgmt encourage this behavior with money involved??? Sounds kind of sick to me.

Did you play football?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9890 Apr 14, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL "pocket change."
This acknowledgment makes me very saddened. I know men like to HIT men. I didn't think it has gone as far as it has.... as in crippling players ON PURPOSE.
I think back to when Stingley was hit by Tatum (I'm also Raiders fan), and I never took it as a personal endeavor on Stingley"s part. It just happened. This is part of my reasoning ... why would mgmt encourage this behavior with money involved??? Sounds kind of sick to me.
Did you play football?
The rewards weren't that much money, these guys are all making a lot of money. I'm not sure what the league minimum is for a linebacker but it is millions of dollars I'm sure. But a extra $5,000 that your wife doesn't know about would come in handy.

Location hidden

#9891 Apr 18, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL "pocket change."
Did you play football?
No I did not play football. Did you? However, anyone that has ever listened to former players talk about the game and tell stories knows that, to get to the professional level, you have to play the game with a certain level of violence. To insinuate that a bounty gets a player to play harder and hit harder is to say that he or she is not otherwise giving his all. And players not giving their all (especially on the defensive side) rarely make it to that level.

I believe you over value the power of a bounty and assume that if a player got hurt and a bounty was paid that, absent the bounty, the play would have went differently.

You also assume that the goal is to ruin someones career or 'cripple' them. The goal is to get them out of the game by hurting them, not ruin their lives by injuring them. There is a difference.

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#9892 Apr 19, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not play football. Did you? However, anyone that has ever listened to former players talk about the game and tell stories knows that, to get to the professional level, you have to play the game with a certain level of violence. To insinuate that a bounty gets a player to play harder and hit harder is to say that he or she is not otherwise giving his all. And players not giving their all (especially on the defensive side) rarely make it to that level.
I believe you over value the power of a bounty and assume that if a player got hurt and a bounty was paid that, absent the bounty, the play would have went differently.
You also assume that the goal is to ruin someones career or 'cripple' them. The goal is to get them out of the game by hurting them, not ruin their lives by injuring them. There is a difference.
Ok, so I should try to hurt the guy to a measured degree? Not like Lawrence Taylor on Joe Theismann. Do you think this could be an example of taking it too far?

Location hidden

#9893 Apr 20, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I should try to hurt the guy to a measured degree? Not like Lawrence Taylor on Joe Theismann. Do you think this could be an example of taking it too far?
Isn't that basically what football is about? I think that there is a bit of a dicotomy going on during the game. These guys are super competitive and are driven to win, win, win but at the same time they are part of a brotherhood. I think they get a certain amount of satisfaction from proving themselves superior to other players on the field and as long as they are playing within the rules everyone is fair game.

Most of these guys (there are always a-holes) do not want to see a man's livlihood (or worse) taken away but there is still a desire to lessen the opposing teams chances of beating you. You can't tell me you don't know the difference.

If it is a dirty hit? Then they should throw the book at the hitter. But if it is a clean hit and a guy gets hurt, who is to say that, absent the bounty, things would have gone any differently?

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#9894 Apr 20, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that basically what football is about? I think that there is a bit of a dicotomy going on during the game. These guys are super competitive and are driven to win, win, win but at the same time they are part of a brotherhood. I think they get a certain amount of satisfaction from proving themselves superior to other players on the field and as long as they are playing within the rules everyone is fair game.
Most of these guys (there are always a-holes) do not want to see a man's livlihood (or worse) taken away but there is still a desire to lessen the opposing teams chances of beating you. You can't tell me you don't know the difference.
If it is a dirty hit? Then they should throw the book at the hitter. But if it is a clean hit and a guy gets hurt, who is to say that, absent the bounty, things would have gone any differently?
I like what you say here. I can't really disagree.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9895 May 30, 2012
I love the morons saying you can put any QB in NE and he would be as good and better as brady...yeah put tebow in there..they will win 3 SBs...hey put mark sanchez in there..he will throw for 50 TDs. Vince Young? Automatic superbowl!

People who say this can't give credit where credit is due..mostly becasue the pats destroyed their team year in and year out..

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#9896 May 30, 2012
AntonChigurh81 wrote:
I love the morons saying you can put any QB in NE and he would be as good and better as brady...yeah put tebow in there..they will win 3 SBs...hey put mark sanchez in there..he will throw for 50 TDs. Vince Young? Automatic superbowl!
People who say this can't give credit where credit is due..mostly becasue the pats destroyed their team year in and year out..
Except for the G-men.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9897 May 30, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the G-men.
That's about the only team that has their number

Location hidden

#9898 May 30, 2012
AntonChigurh81 wrote:
Two words: Matt Cassel

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#9899 Jun 9, 2012
AntonChigurh81 wrote:
Except for the Colts (pre-2011)
Archer

Appleton, WI

#9900 Jun 12, 2012
Kiss the rings, beotches

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#9901 Jun 17, 2012
Archer wrote:
Kiss the rings, beotches
I have some great memories of the time I spent in Appleton, including going to Lambeau to watch the Packers beat the Redskins. I was sitting in the end zone when Mark Moseley missed an easy go ahead game winning field goal. I actually saw the anguished look on his face as the ball shanked off to the right. Another great thing about my time in Wisconsin was the food, causing me to gain 10 lbs during the month I spent there. Good people, too. I'll always be a Packers fan,(after the Giants). I think that Easy E and Mr. Rodgers will be duking it out for some time to come.
stop_whining

Cumberland, RI

#9902 Jul 28, 2012
Yep! and that thar jebus feller is overated too!!!
LMFAO @ U MORONS

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#9903 Aug 18, 2012
And after you thought there was nothing more to say on the subject of Spygate:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/shark...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Michigan NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game Watch Party Sep 23 pandabearkare 1
Wolverines' Devin Gardner OK after 'cheap shot'... Sep 11 Go Blue Forever 4
Michigan Wolverine Football: My Take From Notre... Sep 11 Go Blue Forever 1
55 US schools face federal sex assault probes May '14 Le Jimbo 1
Oakland Raiders Rumors: Taylor Lewan the Team's... Apr '14 Rockafella5 1
Michigan's All Wasn't Enough (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Michigan Spring Football: Offensive Line Recrui... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Frustrated Fan 1

University of Michigan NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE