IU basketball may lose recruit

The Indiana University men's basketball team could be losing a nationally ranked player from its 2008 recruiting class. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Paul

Berne, IN

#84 Mar 11, 2008
Joe Hoosier wrote:
That's good news. The fewer guys like this (and Ellis and Thomas and Holman) who come to IU, the better. We're better than resorting to being Thug U. Indiana basketball should be quality Indiana boys like Calbert, Bailey, the Grahams, Alford, etc., with a sprinkling of high character players from other places like Hillman, Patterson, Buckner, etc.
Dude, get out of the past!!!!!!
Paul

Berne, IN

#85 Mar 11, 2008
Rick M wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the team Purdue spanked twice?
Who is the Big Ten Champions? Moron!!!!!
IPS graduates 46 percent

Greens Fork, IN

#86 Mar 11, 2008
pacers101 wrote:
<quoted text>
& don't forget that Deonta Vaughn actually wanted to go to IU. but MD didn't want to give him a scholarship, thank MD again for that one. so far 4 out of the 9 teams that are in the big dance up to this point have Indiana players on their roster. Cornell, Belmont, Austin Peay, & George Mason.
Yea, Belmont actually started this string of success years ago when they recruited two players from LaPorte, IN and one from Plymouth.

If you want to build a good basketball program, get kids from Indiana.
Paul

Berne, IN

#87 Mar 11, 2008
Old Boiler wrote:
As a lifetine Purdue fan, I am continually amazed at the arrogance of the non-alumni IU basketball fan base. It's now been 20 years since IU last won a National Championship and the basketball program has slipped to its lowest level ever. For eaxample, Eric Gordon wasn't even born when IU last won a National Championship.
Still, the non-alimni fan base acts as though they won the National Championship last year and the disgrace that was uncovered over the last year is treated as though it is nothing more than a minor blip on the radar screen. With the turn-over in football and basketball coaches, it has become very apparent that the athletic department is in shambles yet you non-alumni fanbs act as though every coach in the country is going to line up in front of Assembly Hall and fight it out to be the next basketball coach for IU. You non-alumni fans must really be living in a fantasy land as their are many schools out there with stable athletic departments providing better coaching opportunities than IU.
Most os us Purdue Fans really feel soory for our educated brothers and sisters that actually attended and graduated from IU. Although wwe have a had an intense rivalry over the years that has been fun to both sides, the arrogance of the non-alumni fan base for IU has softened our sympathy. While the present roster for Purdue may not be filled with the athletes that Iu has on its roster, I wouldn't trade any of those players for any current player on the Iu roster. Matt Painter has done an excellent job of either starightening out the Purdue players that had some personal problems or getting them out of the program. I believe recent reports indicate that the Purdue roster has a GPOA of 3.7 indicating that Purdue indeed has student-athletes on its roster. No one is making that claim about the IU roster of players.
All we can say to the non-alimni IU fan base is: Enjoy your misery for as long as the misery lasts!
Listen you blind boiler. At least IU has won CHAMPIONSHIPS. How many have PU won. Two years ago you guys had only 9 wins on the entire season. The year before you were 7-21. PU has finally had a good year and you PU fans think your the best program in the country. Win something already. You have a long ways to go to catch Indiana for national power. Get your head out of your butt.
IOU-NLV

Columbus, OH

#88 Mar 11, 2008
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you blind boiler. At least IU has won CHAMPIONSHIPS. How many have PU won. Two years ago you guys had only 9 wins on the entire season. The year before you were 7-21. PU has finally had a good year and you PU fans think your the best program in the country. Win something already. You have a long ways to go to catch Indiana for national power. Get your head out of your butt.
Banner Time!

http://www.wcyt.org/content/newbanners.jpg
Paul

Berne, IN

#89 Mar 11, 2008
IOU-NLV wrote:
<quoted text>
Banner Time!
http://www.wcyt.org/content/newbanners.jpg
I know there are pending violations. Its not my fault it happened.
But that does not change that what I said about PU fans and their
MYSTERY championships is not true.
IOU-NLV

Columbus, OH

#90 Mar 11, 2008
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there are pending violations. Its not my fault it happened.
But that does not change that what I said about PU fans and their
MYSTERY championships is not true.
Illinois has a banner to hang this year. National Champions in Hockey. Undefeated! LOL :)
Keepin it real

Kokomo, IN

#91 Mar 11, 2008
When New England got caught up in spy gate the team was tabbed as cheaters not the coach. Everyone I asked about it here agrees New englan was cheating. Dont for one minute think the entire coaching staff boosters entire atheletic department and even more were not aware of what they hired and what was going on.

FACE IT PILGRAMS ANYONE WITHOUT BLINDERS ON KNOWS IT NOT ALL SAMPSON CHEATING BUT I - FREAKIN - U
Big Z

Palatine, IL

#92 Mar 11, 2008
update wrote:
If IU would get Alford this thing would soon be over. He has did a great job at Mexico and Indiana would get behind him and move on. The longer IU waits the worse it will be. Lets get behind Alford everyone wants him lets go get him!!!! Dan is a nice guy but clearly not the right coach for IU!
Don't you realize Davis had a better record than Alford as Big Ten head coaches?
83 grad

United States

#93 Mar 11, 2008
Bye Bye, Who cares. One player (or two) does not make a team. I would rather have a 50/50 record with honor and integrety by graduating student atheletes with good degrees than this selfish "me" BS. Tomorrow the sun will rise, and the sun will set, and then there will be another day. Players will come and players will go...... and IU will still field a team and compete. This is not a big deal!!
IPS graduates 46 percent

Greens Fork, IN

#94 Mar 11, 2008
Big Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you realize Davis had a better record than Alford as Big Ten head coaches?
Do you realize that Alford was at IOWA and Davis was at INDIANA?

Pretty big difference there.

Don't take that as me suggesting that Alford should be the next coach, but compare similar institutions.
IU Alumni

Louisville, KY

#95 Mar 14, 2010
Old Boiler wrote:
As a lifetine Purdue fan, I am continually amazed at the arrogance of the non-alumni IU basketball fan base. It's now been 20 years since IU last won a National Championship and the basketball program has slipped to its lowest level ever. For eaxample, Eric Gordon wasn't even born when IU last won a National Championship.
Still, the non-alimni fan base acts as though they won the National Championship last year and the disgrace that was uncovered over the last year is treated as though it is nothing more than a minor blip on the radar screen. With the turn-over in football and basketball coaches, it has become very apparent that the athletic department is in shambles yet you non-alumni fanbs act as though every coach in the country is going to line up in front of Assembly Hall and fight it out to be the next basketball coach for IU. You non-alumni fans must really be living in a fantasy land as their are many schools out there with stable athletic departments providing better coaching opportunities than IU.
Most os us Purdue Fans really feel soory for our educated brothers and sisters that actually attended and graduated from IU. Although wwe have a had an intense rivalry over the years that has been fun to both sides, the arrogance of the non-alumni fan base for IU has softened our sympathy. While the present roster for Purdue may not be filled with the athletes that Iu has on its roster, I wouldn't trade any of those players for any current player on the Iu roster. Matt Painter has done an excellent job of either starightening out the Purdue players that had some personal problems or getting them out of the program. I believe recent reports indicate that the Purdue roster has a GPOA of 3.7 indicating that Purdue indeed has student-athletes on its roster. No one is making that claim about the IU roster of players.
All we can say to the non-alimni IU fan base is: Enjoy your misery for as long as the misery lasts!
I could not agree more with you "Old Boiler". IU was a great contributor to the legend of the great basketball tradition in the state of Indiana. Thinking back to the times when IU,Purdue,ISU,Notre Dame and Butler would get the nod to the March brackets,brings a level of pride that many other states would never experience. Winning isn't everything it's the only thing, may sound dated but unfortunately it is completely foreign to the current IU athletic department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Hoosiers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
Ind. manufacturing jobs rebound, but wages lower (Jun '12) Jun '12 Carmel Golfer 4
IU women sign two recruits (Nov '11) Nov '11 Joe Santos 1
Eric Gordon will play for Hoosiers (Oct '06) Jul '09 BigTen11 289
No offense, but . . . (Jan '07) Apr '09 Gary 101
Gophers women's basketball team ends Indiana's ... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Guest 1
Hoosiers Hit the Road, Face Michigan State Mond... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Sam Cass 1
•••
•••

Indiana Hoosiers Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••