IU basketball may lose recruit

The Indiana University men's basketball team could be losing a nationally ranked player from its 2008 recruiting class. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
fan

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Nice job Kelvin. Cheat then allow the players you did get for IU to leave. Is this what's meant by "reaching out from the grave"?
tbsb

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Let em all go. IU needs to regroup under a new young coach (no, dakich is not the answer) and get some class kids in here. I've not been overly impressed with the character of the kids Sampson brought in, like Jamarcus Ellis. Yes I like Eric, but he's gone next year.
Joe Hoosier

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 10, 2008
That's good news. The fewer guys like this (and Ellis and Thomas and Holman) who come to IU, the better. We're better than resorting to being Thug U. Indiana basketball should be quality Indiana boys like Calbert, Bailey, the Grahams, Alford, etc., with a sprinkling of high character players from other places like Hillman, Patterson, Buckner, etc.
Bucky Badger

AOL

#5 Mar 10, 2008
I heard he was heading to Wisconsin.
Wants to be on a championship team.
Shelly Dubinski

Princeton, IN

#6 Mar 10, 2008
The NYC kid has "handlers". He's a 1 and done to the NBA like Gordon. Is this the type of Sampson recruiting that made IU basketball? Look at Tabor's hustle and grit. Factoid: Purdue has 9 kids from Indiana on its roster, 1 from Illinois and 4 elsewhere.
Ice Cream Cones

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2008
Naw he headed to Madison for the ice cream.
mommy

Middleboro, MA

#8 Mar 10, 2008
I can't blame the kid.
Bill Clinton

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Mar 10, 2008
Sleep with dogs---you get fleas. IU gets what they deserve.
Mark

South Bend, IN

#10 Mar 10, 2008
Don't want to come to IU since the cheater is gone, that's fine with me. Bring me players that care for the team, not themselves. I suppose playing in front of 17,000 people every night is too much for some recruits. I'll watch where he ends up and we'll see who comes out ahead in this. My feeling, IU will. It may take awhile in light of the Sampson mess, but we'll be back.
Mr Soupley

Lafayette, IN

#11 Mar 10, 2008
After yesterday's game, I can't say that I blame the young man. He wants to play basketball way into March!
Fairness

Bloomington, IN

#12 Mar 10, 2008
Joe Hoosier wrote:
That's good news. The fewer guys like this (and Ellis and Thomas and Holman) who come to IU, the better. We're better than resorting to being Thug U. Indiana basketball should be quality Indiana boys like Calbert, Bailey, the Grahams, Alford, etc., with a sprinkling of high character players from other places like Hillman, Patterson, Buckner, etc.
I haven't read anything that would justify you calling these recruits "thugs." Each year that IU stinks in basketball gives me great pleasure. You guys keep a basketball "thug" coach like Bob Knight and push away others. You will lose the first game in the tournament, then lose White and Gordan to the NBA. Then I would not be surprised if the other underclassmen leave to other schools. You're going to lose top recruits and from the way you handle things, will end up with a bum coach. And what makes it worse, Purdue will be good for years to come. I just love Karma.
Make It Now

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2008
Yeah well....IU has lost a lot in the last 15 years.
Seems to be having a big bump in the road again.
Kicking the most recent recruit for moving on
is futile. Who wouldn't rather play for Duke
or UNC or any other big named school? IU has
lost all that status. Pat yourself on the back.
IPS graduates 46 percent

Greens Fork, IN

#14 Mar 10, 2008
Shocking! Shocking I tell you! You mean these top prospects donít want to come to a school with no coach and thatís about to receive serious NCAA penalties. Shocking I tell you, shocking!

Hey, IU could always offer a scholarship to Bud Mackey again...well, if heís not in jail for selling cocaine.
chas0154

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Mar 10, 2008
Terrell, don't let the door hit you on the way out of your committment. By the way, KS asked me to give you his new cell phone number. Let me know if you don't have it.
sad

Greenwood, IN

#16 Mar 10, 2008
Blah, Blah, Blah...nobody cares about losing this one recruit.

This basketball nightmare for IU started the day Myles Brand booted RMK and things have gone to hell-in-hen-basket ever since.

MD couldn't handle the stress,
KS couldn't handle the thought of limited calls,
Who wants to step up to the plate now?
Karen

United States

#17 Mar 10, 2008
Mark wrote:
Don't want to come to IU since the cheater is gone, that's fine with me. Bring me players that care for the team, not themselves. I suppose playing in front of 17,000 people every night is too much for some recruits. I'll watch where he ends up and we'll see who comes out ahead in this. My feeling, IU will. It may take awhile in light of the Sampson mess, but we'll be back.
You want an 18 year old that cares about the team, not themselves? Are you going to pay for the lobotomy? How about getting a COACH that cares for the team more than himself?
old timer

Bridgeport, WV

#19 Mar 10, 2008
Eli Holman - admitted to selling weed in high school, given scholarship by Kelvin Sampson.

Armon Bassett - caught smoking weed during the season with Jamarcus Ellis, suspended briefly.

Jamarcus Ellis - caught smoking weed during the season, suspended briefly; caught again, suspended again.
Fairness wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read anything that would justify you calling these recruits "thugs." Each year that IU stinks in basketball gives me great pleasure. You guys keep a basketball "thug" coach like Bob Knight and push away others. You will lose the first game in the tournament, then lose White and Gordan to the NBA. Then I would not be surprised if the other underclassmen leave to other schools. You're going to lose top recruits and from the way you handle things, will end up with a bum coach. And what makes it worse, Purdue will be good for years to come. I just love Karma.
sad

Greenwood, IN

#20 Mar 10, 2008
So what...do not care...don't let the door hit you in the --- on the way to some other University. If the departure of KS is the reason for this kid to want "out", good riddance.

(IMO)
Wayne

Lafayette, IN

#21 Mar 10, 2008
Hire trash and this is what you get! What a beautiful vicious cycle it is. Hire idiots= almost get recruits
Fire idiots= no recruits for IU
KARMA!

“Faith is doubt.”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#22 Mar 10, 2008
The real shame in all of this is that the players are more worried about getting a trophy than an education. We need to rethink college sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Hoosiers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
Ind. manufacturing jobs rebound, but wages lower (Jun '12) Jun '12 Carmel Golfer 4
IU women sign two recruits (Nov '11) Nov '11 Joe Santos 1
Eric Gordon will play for Hoosiers (Oct '06) Jul '09 BigTen11 289
No offense, but . . . (Jan '07) Apr '09 Gary 101
Gophers women's basketball team ends Indiana's ... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Guest 1
Hoosiers Hit the Road, Face Michigan State Mond... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Sam Cass 1

Indiana Hoosiers Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE