'Bows looking to clean up sloppy play - Hawaii Sports

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Some flaws of the Hawaii men's basketball team were exposed for the world to see over the past week.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2009
Riley Wallace

Lakewood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Bob, the Rainbow Warriors do not look like a team...the talent is being wasted and not jelling....get going!!

How can you let Williams spend so much time on the bench. The last two games showed you WHO is ready to accept the challenge of big time competition.
satch7

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Anybody want to make a wager that the UH men's basketball team doesn't reach their mandated goal of 18 wins this season. All we will get is excuses...excuses....injury, turnovers, uninspiring play by the players...blah...blah..which we have been getting during their nonconference schedule. Oh, well......you get what you pay for......
LOL

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

satch7 wrote:
Oh, well......you get what you pay for......
Alas, not in football.
cheetah woods

Kalaheo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

when was the last time you heard someone talking nice about UH mens basketball?
it's just a matter of time before they can nash
wallace's dismissal was long over due
whenever they were ready to can him he'd get the "big one" elizabeth, i'm comin to join ya
sorry bob, your days are numbered
MrLingle

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

gee what a bunch of babies....im sure all of you are D1 ready coaches waitin to take bobs place.....haha your a bunch of wanna be high school coach losers thinkin your opinions matter....hahahahaha
cheetah woods

Kalaheo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

MrLingle wrote:
gee what a bunch of babies....im sure all of you are D1 ready coaches waitin to take bobs place.....haha your a bunch of wanna be high school coach losers thinkin your opinions matter....hahahahaha
actually i'd like bob to stay
betting against hawaii is a money maker
kanale

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

So Nash doesn't want to embarrass the players by screaming and yelling at them when others are around? Maybe that's what they need...it worked for Lou Holtz. These players are playing basketball in exchange for a college education. They should know by now that they need to "do the little things...on a nightly basis." If they don't, they should be yelled at. I have coached 10 year olds who knew they were responsible for screening and boxing out. Also, it would be nice if Nash would use an offense that fits his team's talent. This flex just doesn't cut it with these guys, they need to run and gun. Good luck getting to 18 wins. I don't see it happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Hawaii NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 2007 Warriors: A spectacular success (Jan '08) Aug '13 moo808 62
UH football player arrested for suspicion of dr... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Kitkat 1
The Force move former Uh QB Bryant Moniz to act... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Kitkat 1
Ginoza's coaching legacy endures (Jun '08) May '12 GoldBalls 25
Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Dec '11) Dec '11 michael sears 2
Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Deb 1
Hawaii coach McMackin retires after 4 seasons (Dec '11) Dec '11 Dwain Sawh 1

Search the University of Hawaii NCAA Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••