UGA Guard Humphrey Arrested Again

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

Georgia guard Billy Humphrey is in trouble again. Humphrey, a junior guard and the team's second-leading scorer, was arrested for underage possession of alcohol early Thursday, a few hours after the Bulldogs ...
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2008
Dana Farkas

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2008
He needs to be kicked off the team, and if he is there on a scholarship, he needs to reimbursement the school, and then go to jail for DUI and under age drinking. Where did he get the alcohol? They need to go to jail too! Athletes think they are untouchable! It's time to show them they are!
Sumac

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2008
Do the crime do the time! What is wrong with that? What is really a crime is calling him a basketball star!
SPUNJA

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2008
He is just preparing for the NBA :)
Shownuff

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 7, 2008
Racist aside the young man better clean up his act and soon before he gets a felony. That would render him useless to support himself in the future. I wonder how many under aged drinkers have been stopped by the Athens-Clarke police department just to find out these kids are the children of fellow police officers, City officials and judges. These good Kids were either taken home by the police officers and release to their parents or the police officers looked the other way and let them go. Stop lying to yourselves things like this happen everyday in the real world. Also this is not a white thing. If the city leadership is black their kids get all the breaks to.
Dixie Girl

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 7, 2008
If you don't like the south and rednecks why don't you just leave. Oh wait, I know this one. You came down here for your job at a southern based company. You more than happy to live here, enjoy the amenities our city offers, and make a living. But we're not good enough for you? Be sure we southerners want you around no more than you want us.

Since: Jul 07

Athens, Ga.

#11 Feb 7, 2008
Shownuff he got a felony 4 months ago with the weapons charge.
Jim

Pinson, AL

#12 Feb 7, 2008
Dana Farkas wrote:
He needs to be kicked off the team, and if he is there on a scholarship, he needs to reimbursement the school, and then go to jail for DUI and under age drinking. Where did he get the alcohol? They need to go to jail too! Athletes think they are untouchable! It's time to show them they are!
So he needs to be charged for DUI... Nowhere in the article does it state he committed DUI! Or should we now begin charging people for non-existent crimes just for the heck of it? Sheesh.
Shownuff

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 7, 2008
Joes97 wrote:
Shownuff he got a felony 4 months ago with the weapons charge.
He's toast..
ng_speaking

United States

#14 Feb 7, 2008
Quit letting this guy off!!
The Reader

Douglasville, GA

#15 Feb 7, 2008
Dana Farkas wrote:
More than likely he got the alcohol from scholl. He should keep his scholarship. With kids running around going on campus shooting everyone- he should be allowed to defend himself and keep the knife. The schools don't get paid to protect the students! Dah!!!!!!!!!!
The Reader

Douglasville, GA

#16 Feb 7, 2008
Sumac wrote:
Do the crime do the time! What is wrong with that? What is really a crime is calling him a basketball star!
Yous said it "Basketball Star". He's better than you.
concerned

Powder Springs, GA

#18 Feb 7, 2008
He gets what he deserves. He should be suspended for a couple of games. He was caught. He broke the law. Many people break the law and get caught. There needs to consequences for his actions. He is a representative of UGA and unfortunately he is held to a higher standard. This has happened to white kids as well. Some people just choose to hop on the race bandwagon and ride it until its wheels fall off! I think going to jail is extreme, but calling people rednecks and hillbillies is quite ridiculous as well. Under age drinking is a problem on college campuses and the police are trying to curtail the situation. I feel for the guy, but he needs to face the consequences.
GEORGIA FAN

United States

#19 Feb 7, 2008
OMG! if you want start arresting for underage drinking at UGA then more than 90% of the students would be in jail. It is a college town and it is as common as a cold. Dang give it a break if he was some simple Joe Blow would it be posted all over the internet and television? I think not! Get a grip and stop over emphasizing everything wrong a black athlete does. We are all only human. Give me a break
Sumac

Lawrenceville, GA

#21 Feb 8, 2008
The Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yous said it "Basketball Star". He's better than you.
How do you know about my game you seen it Chump? I've seen his don't speak about which you know nothing!
The Man

Lemont, IL

#22 Jun 26, 2008
I was an athelete in college and I found most people are jealous of us. Keep in mind the media and idiots don't state the felony was a souvenier knife in his closet. The second issue he j-walked and they tested him. He also played on one leg for his team and school. I agree he has to be resposible for his actions but I struggle with the tone of most of the self-righteous people posting to the net.
pretty red

United States

#23 Jul 8, 2008
OMG! Can yall please get off Billy! Yes, he screwed up. I think we all did at that age. It's human nature to keep testing the limits;unfortunately sometimes 'til we get burned-then we learn. He just went too far this time and I believe he is really hurting right now. Can you even imagine how he feels? He's probably lost, confused, embarrassed,etc. His entire life is about to take a different turn due to this incident. So get off of your high horses and stop judging him.I know about about the whole Gwinnett incident a few weeks ago, but for the record I live in Athens and I have been there and done that whole drinking scene. It is ridiculous how these "other" students can practically lay down in the street in their own vomit and it seems to go unnoticed...hmmm. Anyway I don't know Billy personally but, I wish I did; he needs someone on his side. He might be done at Georgia...but I believe he is going to get back up and shine in the end...shutting down all the naysayers. Stay up Billy:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Bulldogs NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celtics To Workout Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Jun '13) Jun '13 COACH ORWIN 1
Indiana-Georgia Preview (Nov '12) Nov '12 hoosieron 1
Georgia AD Evans charged with DUI (Jul '10) Jul '10 show nuffs 2
HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL: Bulldogs' Lewis tries t... (Mar '10) Mar '10 doggalum 1
Felton Fired (Jan '09) Apr '09 yes 2
Kentucky 68, Georgia 45 (Jan '09) Jan '09 Nettie Lynnette 1
Meeks, Wildcats coast (Jan '09) Jan '09 Nettie Lynnette 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000