Pac-12 Fines USC's Kiffin, Suspends McDonald

Nov 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KCCI-TV Des Moines

Southern California coach Lane Kiffin has been fined $10,000 by the Pac-12 for criticizing officials after Saturday's triple-overtime loss to No.

Comments
41 - 60 of 88 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2012

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Nov 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Oregon all over overrated Stanford. Proves PAC 10 plays no defense. Both teams suck n would get killed by SEC, oh wait, LSU already did that.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

joey wrote:
<quoted text>you can come up with all the logic you want,but your real problem is lsu beat your precious oregon!!
My Joey, I don't think any of us out west really like those Oregon fellas too much. In fact all those ugly uniform combinations make my tummy hurt.

Just give my our pretty sky blue and gold Bruin colors :)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

flowerpower4ever wrote:
Oregon all over overrated Stanford. Proves PAC 10 plays no defense. Both teams suck n would get killed by SEC, oh wait, LSU already did that.
And can you believe that as luck would have it, we Bruins are still in the running for the division title and we have a 5-5 record.

Good thing the one strong team in our division USC is on probation. Gives us average teams a chance ;)
RedstarDad

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 15, 2011
 
Bill, C.T., Pete, why do you waste your time? There are some people who will never be convinced that football can be played outside their own area of the country. I have been an Alabama fan for as long as I can remember and some of the best (and worst) games I have ever seen were home and away games against USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame. I would love for the SEC to schedule interconference games every year, but unfortunately, I don't believe it will ever happen. Conference expansion will almost assuredly prevent it. As to who plays the best football, it depends on what you like. I enjoy watching two teams light up the scoreboard, but I love defense and the SEC plays some of the best defense in the country. Can it be beaten? Sure it can, but as Bear Bryant said years ago, "You win games with offense, but you win championships with defense." I'll continue to be a Bama fan, but I'll also continue to enjoy games played all across this great country we all call home. Have a wonderful night, and good luck to your team for the remainder of the season. Oh, by the way, the last time I checked we still didn't have an active SEC team in Texas.:)
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 16, 2011
 
joey wrote:
<quoted text>you can come up with all the logic you want,but your real problem is lsu beat your precious oregon!!
They ain't precious to me, but what is more telling is that you
reject the idea of "logic." Is that a personal problem or an SEC
problem?
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Nov 16, 2011
 
flowerpower4ever wrote:
Oregon all over overrated Stanford. Proves PAC 10 plays no defense. Both teams suck n would get killed by SEC, oh wait, LSU already did that.
Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official
Stats of the game in Dallas.


Exactly how many yards did those precious LSU tigers rack up
against the "No Defense" Ducks?

Put that number up here on this board ..... if you dare. C'mon,
tell us how many yards you guys racked up against a team that
plays "no defense."
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Nov 16, 2011
 
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>And can you believe that as luck would have it, we Bruins are still in the running for the division title and we have a 5-5 record.
Good thing the one strong team in our division USC is on probation. Gives us average teams a chance ;)
The really, really, really BIG question is: Are you
hoping to see Ricky save his job or would you prefer
that Arizona State or Utah take the show to Oregon to
lose by 25-35?

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Nov 16, 2011
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
The really, really, really BIG question is: Are you
hoping to see Ricky save his job or would you prefer
that Arizona State or Utah take the show to Oregon to
lose by 25-35?
Great question Bill R. The (B)ruins will go 1-1 and finish at 6-6. They had better be careful what they wish for becuase if a weak team like them represents the Pac12 South, Oregon will crush them, they will finish 6-7, and then NOT be eligible from a bowl game (like one of those Mojave Desert Bowls they enjoy limping into every other year).

USC - THE ONLY REAL TEAM IN THE PAC12 SOUTH

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Nov 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
The really, really, really BIG question is: Are you
hoping to see Ricky save his job or would you prefer
that Arizona State or Utah take the show to Oregon to
lose by 25-35?
What the dillio, I am just hoping we beat Colorado this weekend :(

Go Bruins, please?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Nov 16, 2011
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official
Stats of the game in Dallas.


Exactly how many yards did those precious LSU tigers rack up
against the "No Defense" Ducks?

Put that number up here on this board ..... if you dare. C'mon,
tell us how many yards you guys racked up against a team that
plays "no defense."
I believe they won so yards is a mute point, or is it moot? Anyway not a LSU fan I'm a Razorback n we would put up 400 yards on Oregon.
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Nov 16, 2011
 
flowerpower4ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they won so yards is a mute point, or is it moot? Anyway not a LSU fan I'm a Razorback n we would put up 400 yards on Oregon.
Its not a moot point at all. The fact of the matter is that
since the LSU other teams HAVE racked up more than 400 yards
against the Ducks. That would be about 125 more than LSU
was able to do. They won because of Ducks' miscues that
gave LSU a short field AND because the Ducks chose to give
their O-line rookies ... several of them ... baptism under
fire. They could not create the holes for James, Barner,
and Thomas .... something which would not happen now that
they have 10 games experience.

The difference is one of strategy which has been to avoid
explosion plays and force the the opponent to eat up huge
amounts of clock knowing that they (the Ducks) can respond
to a 6 minute, 65 yard drive with a TD is less than 2
minutes.
joey

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Nov 25, 2011
 
for bill r--you have to be a liberal to post so much and it means nothing!like odummy,you talk trash but in the long run your ranting equalls zero! lsu beat oregons ass and thats the way it is!maybe your liberal senators can put a law into effect to stop the sec from having teams being the top 3?thats the only way your conference will beat them this year?you better hope your ducklings dont face them in a bowl game!but wait,i forgot usc just beat your ducks?this is change i can believe in!!!!
DrewC

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Nov 27, 2011
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
SEC beat SEC. So what?
This is your shortcoming in your perceived philosophy of the weakness of the SEC. You have this utterly blind notion that all conferences are equal. When you play an SEC schedule, you're playing ranked teams game after game and national champions year in, year out. The SEC doesn't HAVE to schedule a tough OOC schedule to get to the NC game. Have you noticed that the SEC Champion pretty much gets an automatic NC bid every year? Do you know why? It's because they don't lose. What has happened in college football is that the other conferences can't keep up with the SEC elite. And looking at LSU and Bama this year, they have a long way to go.
DrewC

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Nov 27, 2011
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official
Stats of the game in Dallas.
Exactly how many yards did those precious LSU tigers rack up
against the "No Defense" Ducks?
Put that number up here on this board ..... if you dare. C'mon,
tell us how many yards you guys racked up against a team that
plays "no defense."
Bill, let's remind you that LSU beat the Ducks easily with their backup quarterback. If they played today, LSU would beat them again. Nobody except you believes otherwise. LSU's defense is better today than when they played the quackers.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Aug 9, 2012
 
RedstarDad wrote:
Bill, C.T., Pete, why do you waste your time? There are some people who will never be convinced that football can be played outside their own area of the country. I have been an Alabama fan for as long as I can remember and some of the best (and worst) games I have ever seen were home and away games against USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame.:)
I certainly noticed you did not include our Bruins on that list. But that is probably because we are considered one of the weaker teams in our conference. But hooray, we somehow still won the Pacific-12 Southern Title. ;)
usCHEATERS

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Sep 1, 2012
 
Alabama would absolutely kill any team from ca including the raiders dont think so man up and make it to the big show in 2012
big pimpin

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Sep 1, 2012
 
usCHEATERS wrote:
Alabama would absolutely kill any team from ca including the raiders dont think so man up and make it to the big show in 2012
Bama is looking very impressive. If USC doesn't win big that will be a shame.

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Sep 2, 2012
 
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bama is looking very impressive. If USC doesn't win big that will be a shame.
USC - WoN BiG!
TROJANS - NUMBER ONE IN THE COUNTRY!
MATT BARKLEY - TOP OF THE LIST TO WIN THE HEISMAN!
big pimpin

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Sep 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC - WoN BiG!
TROJANS - NUMBER ONE IN THE COUNTRY!
MATT BARKLEY - TOP OF THE LIST TO WIN THE HEISMAN!
Barkley should win the Heisman.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Sep 4, 2012
 
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Barkley should win the Heisman.
Come now Mister Pimp, you joining the no fail Trojan bandwagon too?

We Bruins may have won our first game against Rice-a-roni, but I am still getting tummy pains just thinking about facing the Trojans again. 50-0 may not have been that bad :/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Football Discussions

Search the NCAA Football Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min Bruin For Life 26,705
Black Bear Johnson looking to make Patriots Roster 17 min Janitor 10
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr www 1,274
The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) 8 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 49,268
University quiz implies atheists are smarter th... Jul 26 Man in the street 1
Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul 19 Mark Martin 135
Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Jul 14 Mad Max 10,023
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••