Pac-12 Fines USC's Kiffin, Suspends McDonald

Nov 1, 2011 Full story: KCCI-TV Des Moines 88

Southern California coach Lane Kiffin has been fined $10,000 by the Pac-12 for criticizing officials after Saturday's triple-overtime loss to No.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#45 Nov 12, 2011
Oregon all over overrated Stanford. Proves PAC 10 plays no defense. Both teams suck n would get killed by SEC, oh wait, LSU already did that.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#46 Nov 15, 2011
joey wrote:
<quoted text>you can come up with all the logic you want,but your real problem is lsu beat your precious oregon!!
My Joey, I don't think any of us out west really like those Oregon fellas too much. In fact all those ugly uniform combinations make my tummy hurt.

Just give my our pretty sky blue and gold Bruin colors :)

West Hollywood, CA

#47 Nov 15, 2011
flowerpower4ever wrote:
Oregon all over overrated Stanford. Proves PAC 10 plays no defense. Both teams suck n would get killed by SEC, oh wait, LSU already did that.
And can you believe that as luck would have it, we Bruins are still in the running for the division title and we have a 5-5 record.

Good thing the one strong team in our division USC is on probation. Gives us average teams a chance ;)
RedstarDad

Phenix City, AL

#48 Nov 15, 2011
Bill, C.T., Pete, why do you waste your time? There are some people who will never be convinced that football can be played outside their own area of the country. I have been an Alabama fan for as long as I can remember and some of the best (and worst) games I have ever seen were home and away games against USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame. I would love for the SEC to schedule interconference games every year, but unfortunately, I don't believe it will ever happen. Conference expansion will almost assuredly prevent it. As to who plays the best football, it depends on what you like. I enjoy watching two teams light up the scoreboard, but I love defense and the SEC plays some of the best defense in the country. Can it be beaten? Sure it can, but as Bear Bryant said years ago, "You win games with offense, but you win championships with defense." I'll continue to be a Bama fan, but I'll also continue to enjoy games played all across this great country we all call home. Have a wonderful night, and good luck to your team for the remainder of the season. Oh, by the way, the last time I checked we still didn't have an active SEC team in Texas.:)
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#49 Nov 16, 2011
joey wrote:
<quoted text>you can come up with all the logic you want,but your real problem is lsu beat your precious oregon!!
They ain't precious to me, but what is more telling is that you
reject the idea of "logic." Is that a personal problem or an SEC
problem?
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#50 Nov 16, 2011
flowerpower4ever wrote:
Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official
Stats of the game in Dallas.

Exactly how many yards did those precious LSU tigers rack up
against the "No Defense" Ducks?

Put that number up here on this board ..... if you dare. C'mon,
tell us how many yards you guys racked up against a team that
plays "no defense."
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#51 Nov 16, 2011
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>And can you believe that as luck would have it, we Bruins are still in the running for the division title and we have a 5-5 record.
Good thing the one strong team in our division USC is on probation. Gives us average teams a chance ;)
The really, really, really BIG question is: Are you
hoping to see Ricky save his job or would you prefer
that Arizona State or Utah take the show to Oregon to
lose by 25-35?

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#52 Nov 16, 2011
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
lose by 25-35?
Great question Bill R. The (B)ruins will go 1-1 and finish at 6-6. They had better be careful what they wish for becuase if a weak team like them represents the Pac12 South, Oregon will crush them, they will finish 6-7, and then NOT be eligible from a bowl game (like one of those Mojave Desert Bowls they enjoy limping into every other year).

USC - THE ONLY REAL TEAM IN THE PAC12 SOUTH

West Hollywood, CA

#53 Nov 16, 2011
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
lose by 25-35?
What the dillio, I am just hoping we beat Colorado this weekend :(

Go Bruins, please?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#54 Nov 16, 2011
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official

plays "no defense."
I believe they won so yards is a mute point, or is it moot? Anyway not a LSU fan I'm a Razorback n we would put up 400 yards on Oregon.
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#55 Nov 16, 2011
flowerpower4ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they won so yards is a mute point, or is it moot? Anyway not a LSU fan I'm a Razorback n we would put up 400 yards on Oregon.
Its not a moot point at all. The fact of the matter is that
since the LSU other teams HAVE racked up more than 400 yards
against the Ducks. That would be about 125 more than LSU
was able to do. They won because of Ducks' miscues that
gave LSU a short field AND because the Ducks chose to give
their O-line rookies ... several of them ... baptism under
fire. They could not create the holes for James, Barner,
and Thomas .... something which would not happen now that
they have 10 games experience.

The difference is one of strategy which has been to avoid
explosion plays and force the the opponent to eat up huge
amounts of clock knowing that they (the Ducks) can respond
to a 6 minute, 65 yard drive with a TD is less than 2
minutes.
joey

Maringouin, LA

#56 Nov 25, 2011
for bill r--you have to be a liberal to post so much and it means nothing!like odummy,you talk trash but in the long run your ranting equalls zero! lsu beat oregons ass and thats the way it is!maybe your liberal senators can put a law into effect to stop the sec from having teams being the top 3?thats the only way your conference will beat them this year?you better hope your ducklings dont face them in a bowl game!but wait,i forgot usc just beat your ducks?this is change i can believe in!!!!
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#57 Nov 27, 2011
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
SEC beat SEC. So what?
This is your shortcoming in your perceived philosophy of the weakness of the SEC. You have this utterly blind notion that all conferences are equal. When you play an SEC schedule, you're playing ranked teams game after game and national champions year in, year out. The SEC doesn't HAVE to schedule a tough OOC schedule to get to the NC game. Have you noticed that the SEC Champion pretty much gets an automatic NC bid every year? Do you know why? It's because they don't lose. What has happened in college football is that the other conferences can't keep up with the SEC elite. And looking at LSU and Bama this year, they have a long way to go.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#58 Nov 27, 2011
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you haven't taken the time to examine the Official
plays "no defense."
Bill, let's remind you that LSU beat the Ducks easily with their backup quarterback. If they played today, LSU would beat them again. Nobody except you believes otherwise. LSU's defense is better today than when they played the quackers.

West Hollywood, CA

#59 Aug 9, 2012
RedstarDad wrote:
Bill, C.T., Pete, why do you waste your time? There are some people who will never be convinced that football can be played outside their own area of the country. I have been an Alabama fan for as long as I can remember and some of the best (and worst) games I have ever seen were home and away games against USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame.:)
I certainly noticed you did not include our Bruins on that list. But that is probably because we are considered one of the weaker teams in our conference. But hooray, we somehow still won the Pacific-12 Southern Title. ;)
usCHEATERS

Huntsville, AL

#60 Sep 1, 2012
Alabama would absolutely kill any team from ca including the raiders dont think so man up and make it to the big show in 2012
big pimpin

United States

#61 Sep 1, 2012
usCHEATERS wrote:
Alabama would absolutely kill any team from ca including the raiders dont think so man up and make it to the big show in 2012
Bama is looking very impressive. If USC doesn't win big that will be a shame.

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#63 Sep 2, 2012
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bama is looking very impressive. If USC doesn't win big that will be a shame.
USC - WoN BiG!
TROJANS - NUMBER ONE IN THE COUNTRY!
MATT BARKLEY - TOP OF THE LIST TO WIN THE HEISMAN!
big pimpin

United States

#64 Sep 3, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC - WoN BiG!
TROJANS - NUMBER ONE IN THE COUNTRY!
MATT BARKLEY - TOP OF THE LIST TO WIN THE HEISMAN!
Barkley should win the Heisman.

West Hollywood, CA

#65 Sep 4, 2012
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Barkley should win the Heisman.
Come now Mister Pimp, you joining the no fail Trojan bandwagon too?

We Bruins may have won our first game against Rice-a-roni, but I am still getting tummy pains just thinking about facing the Trojans again. 50-0 may not have been that bad :/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,493
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 28,494
5 reasons Wisconsin football will beat the Ohio... Dec 24 Rager 3
Trojans in the NFL: Reggie Bush contributes in ... Dec 22 Patriots Club Chub 2
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
Murray sets new NFL rushing record Dec 17 Da Squirts 18
More from around the web