UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#12794 Aug 12, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
so sc only cares about Football?? kind of a narrow point of view I would think.
It's what the country cares about. Do the networks negotiate contracts with conferences to carry their tennis matches? I think not.

The other stuff is nice, but at the end of the day, football pays the bills and helps fund all of those other sports.
Bruin Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#12795 Aug 12, 2012
We Bruins are an effeminate group, that is why we wear the masculine and macho Powder Blue and Pastel Gold. We Bruins are quite aware of our shortcoming in mens sports therefore we live vicariously through our women athletes....Cheers to our New Leader and commander "Bruin Nation" whose idol was tennis star Dr. Renee Richards....Go Bruins!
Bruin Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#12796 Aug 12, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well made. I really love the sc alumn men winning golds for "OTHER" Nations. really???
I agree fellow Bruin, we Bruins do not tolerate this type of behavior.....It's not like the time when our Rafer Johnson battled fellow Bruin Yang Chuan-kwang in the 1960 Olympics where Johnson won the gold and C.K. Yang the Silver Medal in the decathlon ...Then again Yang won the silver for The Republic of China even though he was a mighty Bruin Alum trained by the marvelous Ducky Drake..Oh the horror!!! We Bruins are hypocrites which makes us worse than our evil rivals.....Go Bruins!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#12797 Aug 13, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
good post, I saw where one of the Men of troy who won a gold won it representing another country, so much for loyalty.
Hmmm... maybe because they are actually from that other country? I think representing your home country in the Olympics, despite being educated in the U.S., is considered being loyal.

Burn, baby, burn!

#12798 Aug 13, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
so sc only cares about Football?? kind of a narrow point of view I would think.
You're attributing the views/opinions of 1 or 2 individuals to an entire group. Should I then attribute the views/opinions of certain Bruin fanatics/USC-haters to all Bruin fans?

I think we're all the same here: I have no problem with you or anyone else celebrating the accomplishments of their school's respective athletes. So if you want to celebrate your 100+ national championships, have at it. I make no distinction between men's and women's sports. One may pay the bills for the other, but both groups work just as hard for it. It's when someone then turns around and insults my school in the same breath of their celebration that I take exception, and fire back.

Burn, baby, burn!

#12799 Aug 13, 2012
Double Standard wrote:
I just saw this post on another site, and I thought it to be worthwhile considering. Current of former USC Trojans in the Olympics, won 25 Medals and the 25, 18 were won by the women, and 7 by the men, BUT of the 7 won by the men ONLY 2 were were won by men representing the U.S.(Bryshon Nallum - silver and Josh Mance - Bronze) Olympic team.
So I guess the revelence of the women representing USC only applies when it comes to USC and not UCLA. So if 18 Medals were won by the women of Troy, then it is perfectly fine to assume the men of Troy, just aren't very good. As for UCLA athletes in the Olympics, at least we won 2 Gold Medals, Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook. Go Bruins!
Hi Rob,

Nice copy and paste job from Wolf's blog: http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2012/...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#12800 Aug 13, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rob,
Nice copy and paste job from Wolf's blog: http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2012/...
We all knew it was him. Just didn't want to call him out on it and give him an excuse to post again.:-P

19 days to kickoff! FTFO!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#12801 Aug 13, 2012
you re not a bad guy wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't know that for sure, Dan. They may have come here legally (with a passport) because it was the only way, they could have - I really doubt any of the French/Irish immigrants could have swam 5000 miles to the the U.S. shores.
Yes, they (Europeans) came here with a passport (legally) but they intentionally overstayed the allowed time here (ILLEGALLY), they never intended to go back to Europe.
These people are no better than those that cross the border on foot, and risk their lives in the desert to enjoy a better quality of life for themselves and their families.
Please tell me that you are just kidding around. Have you never in your life read a history book?
They immigrated, they didn't overstay.
They are much better than the ones coming now, they aren't seeking free stuff for nothing. Do some work, sure as hell they do, but more than half don't and require me to pay for the healthcare, food and educating their children. I don't hate them and it's an easy fix, if you have never committed a crime, you get a long term work visa, you will never be able to get foodstamps or any other tax payer funded handout. You will only be treated in emergency rooms if you have insurance or have a life threatening injury or illness, at which point you will be stabilized and then returned to your country of origin. They can pay for you. It sounds harsh but it's a lot nicer than Mexico's rules. If you want to become a citizen then you go through the normal channels.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#12802 Aug 13, 2012
Annnnnnnnnny way, things are looking good so in fall practice. Looking forward to the first game. I hate playing a triple option team right off the bat (players always injured) but what the hell.

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#12803 Aug 13, 2012
Double Standard wrote:
I just saw this post on another site, and I thought it to be worthwhile considering. Current of former USC Trojans in the Olympics, won 25 Medals and the 25, 18 were won by the women, and 7 by the men, BUT of the 7 won by the men ONLY 2 were were won by men representing the U.S.(Bryshon Nallum - silver and Josh Mance - Bronze) Olympic team.
So I guess the revelence of the women representing USC only applies when it comes to USC and not UCLA. So if 18 Medals were won by the women of Troy, then it is perfectly fine to assume the men of Troy, just aren't very good. As for UCLA athletes in the Olympics, at least we won 2 Gold Medals, Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook. Go Bruins!
Rob? Is that really you Rob? Shame, you went back on your word so quickly...

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#12804 Aug 13, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what u want but you and CT always down play womens titles, except when it benefits sc. But I would expect nothing less from you guys.
Hey dont include me in your chick-bashing accusations. Our women have something like 24 national Championships and I am proud of that. But we ARE on a football forum (no women in that program), so lets get back to the 2012 season and USCs question for the national Championship, shall we?!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#12805 Aug 13, 2012
quest (question)
Bruin Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#12806 Aug 13, 2012
Bring back Coach Neuheisel!!! Jim Mora Jr is roasting our boyz in 109 degree heat and cussing up a storm in San Bernardino. Where as Coach Neuheisel would have sing alongs and marshmallow toasting on Venice Beach, while "Brew In" and "MBD" danced the Bruin hula for inspiration....Our boyz can't handle the heat and cussing....Go bruins!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#12807 Aug 13, 2012
Bruin Fan wrote:
Bring back Coach Neuheisel!!! Jim Mora Jr is roasting our boyz in 109 degree heat and cussing up a storm in San Bernardino. Where as Coach Neuheisel would have sing alongs and marshmallow toasting on Venice Beach, while "Brew In" and "MBD" danced the Bruin hula for inspiration....Our boyz can't handle the heat and cussing....Go bruins!
You are so right Bruin Fan. I know Coach Rick would never agree to such dastardly practice conditions.

Can you imagine how that would have put streaks across his face from his sunless tanning lotion melting. How horrific. And I must say the sings alongs were really a special time even though they did not translate much into winning games.

This Mora fella is kind of scaring us Bruin faithful. With such an extreme makeover, I hope Jimmy Jr can grab an extra win or two for us each season :)

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#12808 Aug 13, 2012
fight_on talking to himself, PRICELESS

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#12809 Aug 13, 2012
Bruin Fan wrote:
We Bruins are an effeminate group, that is why we wear the masculine and macho Powder Blue and Pastel Gold.
Hear-hear. I LOVE our colors. In fact I wear them in my back pocket. ;)
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#12810 Aug 13, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Rob? Is that really you Rob? Shame, you went back on your word so quickly...
And this surprises you why?! LOL!!

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#12811 Aug 14, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
We all knew it was him. Just didn't want to call him out on it and give him an excuse to post again.:-P
19 days to kickoff! FTFO!!
Ahhhh, you just did. Stop mentioning my name, I really don't want an excuse to post again on here. And stop assuming that I'm the only one with the opinion of "double standard".

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#12812 Aug 14, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Rob? Is that really you Rob? Shame, you went back on your word so quickly...
No it was not me...I know you miss me, but no it wasn't me. Every time my name name is mentioned, I will assume you miss me and you can't go on without me.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#12813 Aug 14, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>And stop assuming that I'm the only one with the opinion of "double standard".
Not assuming anything. You're the only one stupid enough not to see that YOU are the one with the double standards.

You have one set of rules for Trojans and another for Bruins. Everyone else on here is smart enough to see that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
QB will be key if LSU rebounds again Tue Bob 1
Auburn opens 6-game stretch of ranked teams vs LSU Mon defense auburn 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon Go Blue Forever 1,429
Oklahoma Sooners Injury Report | 11.21.14 Nov 21 rcsodak 1
Despite QB hype, FSU-Miami winner may rush to g... Nov 20 Silverfox1951 3
Judge Gives a Victory to Tree Sitters in Berkel... (Jun '08) Nov 16 Rache 179
Sentinel Super 6 (Dec '07) Nov 16 CarltonK 3

NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE