Tom Brady is Overrated

Full story: Dr. U

Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.
Comments
9,241 - 9,260 of 10,024 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 31

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#9761 Mar 4, 2012
TMD wrote:
And still another take on the Welker miscue:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7644...
I still luv me some Wes.

Would have been great if he had caught it, but the loss is not totally his fault.

He's a keeper.

Akron, Ohio

#9762 Mar 4, 2012
TMD wrote:
Hey Sam, looks like the reports of Manning's demise may have been exaggerated:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7640741/ind...
And what's up with the idiot coaches putting a bounty on players:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7639644/nfl...
Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz about P. Manning lately. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he came back, and played like his old self. Any talk of him having to wear any kind of neck protection? He shouldn't have any trouble passing a fitness test, ya think?

I was listening to a spot on ESPN today about the New Orleans' SINNERS and these bounties that coaches are placing on certain players. I say fire their asses immediately if not sooner! Maybe they should be watching their own backs. lol

Akron, Ohio

#9763 Mar 4, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Can they invalidate Super Bowl XLIV? If not, then I'll do it myself: New Orleans forfeits to Indy. Payton gets his second ring. Problem solved.
I doubt that they will do that.

How about a rematch? lol

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#9764 Mar 5, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great news! It would be even greater if he can play at a high level, but the greatest would be if he won a second SB. It could happen...
It's possible, however, I think I'll withhold judgement until after the Colts' staff puts him through the paces.

He was throwing hard before the surgery, he just felt a lot of pain. If he really does make a full recovery, then the Colts management is gonna be pushed into a corner smaller than the one they're in right now.

Had Manning never had the surgery and remained healthy, would the Colts be thinking about drafting Luck? I don't think so. They would probably be trading down in the draft to get multiple first and second round picks. A true rebuilding could occur in one or two drafts, which would give Manning a true shot at another SB.

We'll just have to watch and wait...

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9765 Mar 5, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Can they invalidate Super Bowl XLIV? If not, then I'll do it myself: New Orleans forfeits to Indy. Payton gets his second ring. Problem solved.
Thanks MA! If it were only that simple [sigh].

Heads are gonna role, and it's beginning to look less-and-less like the Saints will have any realistic chance of being in the next SB.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9766 Mar 5, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I still luv me some Wes.
Would have been great if he had caught it, but the loss is not totally his fault.
He's a keeper.
I don't think the loss is any one player's "fault". As a matter of fact, I don't even like using that word. The Pats played about as well as they could considering the circumstances. Some teams just have your number...

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9767 Mar 5, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz about P. Manning lately. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he came back, and played like his old self. Any talk of him having to wear any kind of neck protection? He shouldn't have any trouble passing a fitness test, ya think?
You would think he would be in great shape by now, however, Irsay keeps making a lot of noise about Manning having to pass the COLTS' physical. I don't kow what that means, but I think something is going on we're not privy to.

I was listening to a spot on ESPN today about the New Orleans' SINNERS and these bounties that coaches are placing on certain players. I say fire their asses immediately if not sooner! Maybe they should be watching their own backs. lol
I couldn't agree more. However, "The Round Mound of Rebound" was quoted today as saying the person who let the cat out of the bag was a "punk", and that his personal dealings with other NFL (and other sports') players lead him to believe ALL teams do this.

I don't agree with Barkley, unless we're talking about side bets amongst the players themselves. Call me naive, however, I just can't believe that every NFL team has coaches PAYING players to take out high quality opposing players. And for $1000 or $1500? How in the world could that motivate someone who is making $50,000 to $100,000 a game?

There has to be SOMEONE of integrity left in the coaching ranks in the league somewhere...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9768 Mar 6, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Manning never had the surgery and remained healthy, would the Colts be thinking about drafting Luck?
Had Manning not had surgery, they likely would not have been the worst team in the league.

Akron, Ohio

#9769 Mar 6, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think he would be in great shape by now, however, Irsay keeps making a lot of noise about Manning having to pass the COLTS' physical. I don't kow what that means, but I think something is going on we're not privy to.
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. However, "The Round Mound of Rebound" was quoted today as saying the person who let the cat out of the bag was a "punk", and that his personal dealings with other NFL (and other sports') players lead him to believe ALL teams do this.
I don't agree with Barkley, unless we're talking about side bets amongst the players themselves. Call me naive, however, I just can't believe that every NFL team has coaches PAYING players to take out high quality opposing players. And for $1000 or $1500? How in the world could that motivate someone who is making $50,000 to $100,000 a game?
There has to be SOMEONE of integrity left in the coaching ranks in the league somewhere...
I'm not sure either, but just think about all the KEY players that have had season ending injuries initiated by the opposition in recent years vs previous years. If the "punk" was only guessing, that's one thing. However, what if it's the tip of the iceberg?

On another note ... How's our boys going to do with March Madness here? This season went by fast for me like the NFL season did. I saw that they just squeaked by Michigan State the other night. Damn Michigan teams. lol

Akron, Ohio

#9770 Mar 6, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Manning not had surgery, they likely would not have been the worst team in the league.
Not sure what you are saying here.

I don't think he could have played had he not had surgery. It would have been the same scenario.

Location hidden

#9771 Mar 6, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he could have played had he not had surgery. It would have been the same scenario.
I think was Matt was originally saying was that if Manning had been healthy, they would not even consider taking Luck with the first pick. But I am saying, if Manning were healthy, they probably would not have HAD the first pick.

Maybe I am wrong but that was how I understood it.

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#9772 Mar 6, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
He's "just sayin'" as opposed to actually making any sense.

Location hidden

#9773 Mar 6, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
He's "just sayin'" as opposed to actually making any sense.
Maybe you should try 'just reading'. Because it makes perfect sense if you follow along.

Akron, Ohio

#9774 Mar 6, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think was Matt was originally saying was that if Manning had been healthy, they would not even consider taking Luck with the first pick. But I am saying, if Manning were healthy, they probably would not have HAD the first pick.
Yeah, if Manning was healthy, they probably would have been in the Playoffs, and not with such a losing record.

Unlike some of the other teams who were chanting "lose for Luck."

Location hidden

#9775 Mar 6, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if Manning was healthy, they probably would have been in the Playoffs, and not with such a losing record.
Unlike some of the other teams who were chanting "lose for Luck."
Agreed. There is no doubt in my mind that, when healthy, Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9776 Mar 6, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what Matt was originally saying was that if Manning had been healthy, they would not even consider taking Luck with the first pick. But I am saying, if Manning were healthy, they probably would not have HAD the first pick.
Irsay and Polian were poised to make several BIG moves last and this offseason regardless of whether Manning had neck surgery, or not. When things went WAY south with Manning's health, it changed everything.

This year was not the first time they had contemplated drafting Manning's successor, but it WAS the first time they had found someone who might be able to eventually fill his shoes. Irsay and Polian have been having discussions about this for the past 2-3 years. As a matter of fact, I believe this is what caused the rift between Irsay and Polian. Irsay wanted to rebuild slowly, and Polian wanted to do so much more rapidly, jettisoning some of their name stars to get as high in the draft as possible.

So, yes, you're correct. The Colts would probably not have finished dead last in the league had Manning been healthy, but big changes were coming. I believe Polian would have put Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, and maybe, Mathis on the blocks, to try to trade up to get Luck. The way the Rams are shopping their pick, that probably would have been more than enough...

BTW, who's Matt?

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9777 Mar 6, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure either, but just think about all the KEY players that have had season ending injuries initiated by the opposition in recent years vs previous years. If the "punk" was only guessing, that's one thing. However, what if it's the tip of the iceberg?
I did consider that scenario. If it's true, then that means we have a LOT of petty, small-minded players in professional sports. Much worse than I ever suspected.

On another note ... How's our boys going to do with March Madness here? This season went by fast for me like the NFL season did. I saw that they just squeaked by Michigan State the other night. Damn Michigan teams. lol
Yeah. Having to share a Big Ten title with BOTH teams up north is almost shameful...

I can't see the Buckeyes doing all that well in the tournament this year.

They have all the talent they need for a deep run, but they lack leadership on the floor to sustain them when they are pressured. They REALLY need a PG like Conely. You know, someone to settle the troops during rough patches, and a dependable decision maker and scorer. I thought Sullinger was going to be the floor captain, but he gets too wrapped up in his own issues, and goes into a funk. The only way they really make some noise is if Buford continues to improve and pick up the slack when Sullinger disappears.

The other puzzling aspect with the tOSU team is Coach Matta. He doesn't seem to be making many (if any) game time adjustments in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. He just lets it play out. Maybe the guys are just not listening to him anymore. Who knows...

Location hidden

#9778 Mar 6, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Irsay and Polian were poised to make several BIG moves last and this offseason regardless of whether Manning had neck surgery, or not. When things went WAY south with Manning's health, it changed everything.
This year was not the first time they had contemplated drafting Manning's successor, but it WAS the first time they had found someone who might be able to eventually fill his shoes. Irsay and Polian have been having discussions about this for the past 2-3 years. As a matter of fact, I believe this is what caused the rift between Irsay and Polian. Irsay wanted to rebuild slowly, and Polian wanted to do so much more rapidly, jettisoning some of their name stars to get as high in the draft as possible.
So, yes, you're correct. The Colts would probably not have finished dead last in the league had Manning been healthy, but big changes were coming. I believe Polian would have put Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, and maybe, Mathis on the blocks, to try to trade up to get Luck. The way the Rams are shopping their pick, that probably would have been more than enough...
BTW, who's Matt?
Matt is a regular poster on here. I was thinking he was the original poster - not you. I was getting crossed up with another topic, I think.

Anyway, I don't follow the Colts but it would make sense that the time to find a successor was drawing near. I think the success of Aaron Rodgers has more teams looking to draft a QB a year or two before he is needed in order to bring him up to speed before throwing him into a game. Unfortunately, most teams do not necessarily have that luxury.

In addition, I have heard members of the media say that you cannot draft a player 1st in the draft and not play him. Why? I don't know. There are obvious cap issues surrounding this but, aside from those and fan outcry, why wouldn't a prudent team be able to do just such a thing?

You think Polian would trade that much for an unproven prospect? I guess I could see it but it would really suck for them if he doesn't pan out.

Anyway, I have been a P Manning fan since he entered the league and hope things work out for him and he can get another ring or two. And I fully expect to see him coaching when his on-field career comes to an end.

Akron, Ohio

#9779 Mar 6, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. There is no doubt in my mind that, when healthy, Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league.
I like Manning a lot, but he is not the best in the league. IMO

Akron, Ohio

#9780 Mar 6, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I did consider that scenario. If it's true, then that means we have a LOT of petty, small-minded players in professional sports. Much worse than I ever suspected.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Having to share a Big Ten title with BOTH teams up north is almost shameful...
I can't see the Buckeyes doing all that well in the tournament this year.
They have all the talent they need for a deep run, but they lack leadership on the floor to sustain them when they are pressured. They REALLY need a PG like Conely. You know, someone to settle the troops during rough patches, and a dependable decision maker and scorer. I thought Sullinger was going to be the floor captain, but he gets too wrapped up in his own issues, and goes into a funk. The only way they really make some noise is if Buford continues to improve and pick up the slack when Sullinger disappears.
The other puzzling aspect with the tOSU team is Coach Matta. He doesn't seem to be making many (if any) game time adjustments in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. He just lets it play out. Maybe the guys are just not listening to him anymore. Who knows...
Ya got to admit, just doesn't feel right without the Senator.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Bruin Nation 27,084
Patriots finish seson at 16-0 (Dec '07) Fri Soon 2B Fartin Fred 38
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Thu Buffalo Bull 1,326
Jacksonville Jaguars Have 2nd Best Odds for Top... Thu Flatulence Fred 3
Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... Aug 27 Flatulence Fred 17
College Football Countdown | No. 5: UCLA Aug 26 Brew In 1
High school to retire Blake Bortles jersey Aug 26 Checkdown Chad 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••