College Football 2011: What We Learned from This Weekend's Spring Games

Apr 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

The 2011 College Football season is still a few months away, but many schools held their spring practice over this past weekend.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2011
Atl Gator

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Bleacher got it right on this one. Brantley has to play better or we will be down again this year. They need to let Murphy start he's the better QB
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Yea its been excuse after excuse for brantley on the radio, how bad do we have to get! All we learned from the spring game is we haven't gotten any better. I didn't think it was possible but we might be worse next year. I'm not sayin we will because its way too early we have a lot of time to improve. Just tired of hearing excuses for brantley. When ur offence is that bad ur defence can't win u games.
bakers dozen

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

what we learned is that we still have a lot of problems.
Atl Gator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

no name wrote:
Yea its been excuse after excuse for brantley on the radio, how bad do we have to get! All we learned from the spring game is we haven't gotten any better. I didn't think it was possible but we might be worse next year. I'm not sayin we will because its way too early we have a lot of time to improve. Just tired of hearing excuses for brantley. When ur offence is that bad ur defence can't win u games.

Man you gotta be one of the smartest people I know. I couldn't have said that any better.
European Gator

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Brantly deserves his shot - he really didn't get one last year. But he doesn't deserve a free ride - if he can't cut it under this new system stright out of the gates, then he's gone! Murphy looked good, but then he did get a lot of playing time and a few breaks from the refs (did you see the non-sack on the TD pass?). Driskel looked OK if his first receiver was open... otherwise it was "deer in the headlights" for him. The one that impressed me was Provancha - he might be a true freshman and a walk-on, but he looked the part and might very well be the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••