Stephen Curry would prefer to play for Knicks

Full story: Newsday

Stephen Curry was back in his hometown, in the practice gym where he has hoisted hundreds of shots.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jun 8, 2009
BrooklynFinest

College Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Judged:

The knicks better not screw this up. No foreign talent please. Draft someone from the good old USA..
Rharnick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Very open minded Brooklyn. I wouldn't want anyone like Yao, Nowitzsky or God forbid a Frenchman like Tony Parker on my team. Do you think that Gallinari got hurt because he's from Europe? When he comes back and plays at a high level this year you will change your tune. If Rubio falls to 8 I would take him over Curry.
J-Rod

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Rharnick-Just another New York fan in love with Rubio. Rubio will be a good player don't get me wrong, but you have a kid saying I-WANT-TO-PLAY-FOR-THE-KNICKS- -something we don't hear often, with good height, 6-3, has gained weight(if you compare how he looks now to the way he looked a few months ago in a Davidson uniform) and you don't want him? Typical. The guy above you wasn't being bais against europeans--think about our past euro draft picks--did they even play one game with the Knicks? I was always a fan of international players--we just need to them wisely.
jperez

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

The Greatest thing about being American is that you don't grow up dreaming about moving to another country. Draft Curry! USA USA!
Jerry

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

The Knicks shouldn't try to hone in on anyone right now. There are plenty of free agents out there. One thing they need is a center to rebound/block shots:candidate:Gorstat of the Magic. Does a nice job backing up Superman. Another thing they need is more outside shooting to open the middle:candidate:Channing Frye. Channing could fit right in with the Knicks and he should be totally healed from his knee injury. He will do well under D'An.

I don't know what Pietrus of Orlando's contract is but the Knicks should look into getting him, he is a defensive stopper. I like the the big man Dorsey who the Rockets drafted. Give up a second rounder and some cash and get him, you need a nasty down low, like Mahorn. We want to keep Sene, he is part of our future in running the court, blocking shots big time and rebounding. He was a big pickup at the end of last year and a steal from the D league. Also liked Sims, can't have enough big men who can block shots.

Keep Curry until he shows he's playing well, then trade him to Charlotte for Diaw and Raja or just Diaw, I don't care. Both those guys can play.

Back to the draft. The Knicks need a pt. guard and a defensive stopper at SG. Ty Lawson is likely to be passed till the middle of first along with Terence Williams. Williams is a stopper, Ty is solid at pt. He is going to give you 12 pts, 8 assts a night, with only 2 turnovers. He is going to shoot a high percentage and hold onto the ball. He is going to push the ball and create opportunities for Chandler, Gallo and Lee running the court and passing out to the 3 pt. line and then into an open Lee or for Lee to get an easy put back. All a result of beating the opponent up the court. The Knicks could trade to Chicago or Minnesota for two later picks to get Ty and Terence or another good player, maybe even Jrue Holiday, Tyler Hansbourough, Tyler SMith or Wayne Ellington.

There is alot of talk about Stephen Curry and maybe it is justified, I just don't like his defense. But if he is there he might be a good fit, backing up when combining with Gallo raining 3's on the opposition. Those two could score in bunches and get you back in a hurry. You still need defense to hold the lead though. So if we get Diaw and Raja bell they could back up Curry. Diaw could play center even and really stir things up on the fast break. BJ Mullins is a middle rounder too who would work well running the court for Mike.

Lots of possibilities. We don't need to wait for Lebron to be good right now.
Vic in Long Beach CA

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

If we can somehow, pick Curry, re-sign Lee, let Nate go, and acquire Ariza via Free Agency, this will be an explosive young team! Definitely a playoff contender in 2010... If we can only be lucky enough to get Steph... Go Knicks!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Davidson Wildcats NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Davidson Wildcats NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
No. 12 Kansas to Play Davidson in M&I Kansas Ci... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Bill Dondlinger 1
Minnesota Timberwolves 'love Jonny Flynn,' Pres... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jonboy 5
Knicks still aiming to land Curry in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 hooray 15
Warriors contemplate how to use seventh pick (Jun '09) Jun '09 Longshot 1
If I Were Donnie Walsh: New York Knicks' Draft ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 col 2
Knicks wowed by Curry's workout (Jun '09) Jun '09 HarleyRyder 11
Even without coming in for a workout, Stephen C... (Jun '09) Jun '09 johnny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••