Serbian player flees country after assault on fellow student

Full story: Newsday 237
Authorities say a former Binghamton University basketball player accused of beating and kicking another student has posted bail and fled the country. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Sopranos

Endicott, NY

#1 Jun 13, 2008
I always love to see the bad guy win but then get taken down by the cops hahaha. Hes probably in Europe some where in a bar laughing how big of a joke the American Justice System is.
AnonymousFromSer bia

Novi Sad, Serbia

#2 Jun 14, 2008
Soprano', he is not laughin' at all...I saw him...Look, that felony that he commited early that morning is ridiculous! Ok, he could fight and beat that guy, it's not that hard when u are that big (210cm and 130kg) but repeadetly kick someone in the head when he's down?! I know him very well, he doesn't do stuff like that and if he did it he didn't do it without a GOOD reason!!! Ask urself why do you need to kick someone in the head when u beat someone?! He don't do stuff like that, i know him...

Hardly to believe by you Americans, but we Serbs are not MONSTERS like we are presented...
Prijatelj

Beograd, Serbia

#3 Jun 15, 2008
Someone watch tv too much, and he watching bed amirican mouvies.
If you think that he is bad guy, you are stupid, very stupid.
Minja is great guy, but you americans, do not have feelings (you parents wonts that you go to work with 16 years, what is not case in our county), for you only what is imoprtend is money.
I am happy becaus I am from Serbia, and i am proud because i am frend of Minja.
At the end you, and you county will pay to Minja because he was in jeal with out reason. In that bar wos camera, and Bryan was drunk and drog. In hospital wher was Bryan have good doktors. Tru is caming...If you want, came to Srbia, see what is life, i mean wrily life... Frends, family and all what you don`t have in USA
bing student

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jun 15, 2008
serbians, i believe that your feelings are sincere but youre unfortunately misinformed. minja has been a violent person and a drug user for awhile. in fact, you probably know about some of it if you are his friends. you must ask yourselves a question. if he is innocent, then why would he flee the country? i apologize but its hard to doubt that you are simply defending him because he is serbian. and just let him know that its going to be hard to disguise all that muscle when the FBI comes looking for him.
Justice

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 15, 2008
Nobody is putting Serbia on trial here. Minja is an individual who obviously does not represent all Serbians. You're attempts to discredit the victim while demonizing all Americans are laughable. This has nothing to do with Serbia and the United States. If an American supposedly put a Serbian in a coma and ditched the country, you can bet that our law enforcement would turn him over.
Jelena

Serbia

#7 Jun 18, 2008
Justice wrote:
Nobody is putting Serbia on trial here. Minja is an individual who obviously does not represent all Serbians. You're attempts to discredit the victim while demonizing all Americans are laughable. This has nothing to do with Serbia and the United States. If an American supposedly put a Serbian in a coma and ditched the country, you can bet that our law enforcement would turn him over.
That's true I must admit... It's not that we put Minja infront of Serbia, but I don't know if you read other comment's (other topics related with this topic) but it's really insulting...
I don't know Minja but my brother does and he has only nice words for him they played basketball 2gether... Just don't know what to say... It's not right but it's ok (ok in the sense of defending your girlfriend).
I must comment (even we are on the opsite sides) thaat I'm glad there are reasonable people who can discuss in civilize way.
China Is a Great Hideout

Nanning, China

#8 Jun 20, 2008
The man's party was attacked by a drug addict in a stupor, and he defended himself and his friends.
It is specifically said in many reports that the drug addict is in a coma not because he was slapped a couple of times by the attacked Kovacevic but because he was intoxicated with drugs and booze.
People jump bail all the time, especially when they are rich so that a 100 grand makes no difference to them. I see no problem here whatsoever.
get him

Binghamton, NY

#9 Jun 24, 2008
Minja is NOT a good guy. He has basically killed someone with his hands and feet. He is a bigot and all day long he looks at White Power websites. He uses drugs and should spend his life in jail regardless of what country he is from!
get him

Binghamton, NY

#10 Jun 24, 2008
Jelena Koprivica
Jelena wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true I must admit... It's not that we put Minja infront of Serbia, but I don't know if you read other comment's (other topics related with this topic) but it's really insulting...
I don't know Minja but my brother does and he has only nice words for him they played basketball 2gether... Just don't know what to say... It's not right but it's ok (ok in the sense of defending your girlfriend).
I must comment (even we are on the opsite sides) thaat I'm glad there are reasonable people who can discuss in civilize way.
I have him

Beograd, Serbia

#11 Jun 24, 2008
Prijatelj
El chulo

Bronx, NY

#12 Jun 24, 2008
it is so funny that only a couple of months back they burned our flag in serbia and now they are helping him leave the country after committing a crime way to go serbia
Prijatelj

Beograd, Serbia

#13 Jun 25, 2008
It is so sad, that you don`t know, that then is kill one guy in USA embassy (minor then B), and occasion for burning flag is ... Do you know???
Shame on you.
I can`t bealive how you americans are stupid and selfish.
Slow Dance Chubby

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jun 25, 2008
AnonymousFromSerbia wrote:
Soprano', he is not laughin' at all...I saw him...Look, that felony that he commited early that morning is ridiculous! Ok, he could fight and beat that guy, it's not that hard when u are that big (210cm and 130kg) but repeadetly kick someone in the head when he's down?! I know him very well, he doesn't do stuff like that and if he did it he didn't do it without a GOOD reason!!! Ask urself why do you need to kick someone in the head when u beat someone?! He don't do stuff like that, i know him...
Hardly to believe by you Americans, but we Serbs are not MONSTERS like we are presented...
He repeatedly kicked a man in the head while he was on the ground AND NO LONGER A THREAT.

This punk is a monster and you are an idiot.
Prijatelj

Beograd, Serbia

#16 Jun 25, 2008
Slow Dance Chubby wrote:
<quoted text>
By the people who brought you world war I!
really i do not have time to discus with somebody like you.
First you must to read and learn, and after that we can to talk.
And why you think than any of us is care for your flag???
After all what you do to us when you gave bust to siptars in kosovo, you talk about fleg.
How miserable you are.
ella

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jun 25, 2008
anone involved in this crime should be punished and that includes the serbian government for helping this criminal escape...... serbian consulate in NY posted $100,000 bail for a criminal and issued a passport for him to leave the states..... who knows what else this government can do to hide criminals .... now we wonder and go back during the wars that serbian governement has caused.....that country should be punished even more and suffer this is not right
binghamton student

Pleasant Valley, NY

#19 Jun 25, 2008
I know for a fact that Minja was coked out of his mind that night, I heard him say it to one of my friends when we were standing next to him at this bar where the beating happened. I had left the bar right before it happened, but a few of my good friends who happened to be right next to the fight as it occurred saw Minja repeatedly kicking the kid IN THE HEAD when he was on the floor, long after this kid stopped being a threat to him.
Regardless of whether not he is a nice or a good person (and I have heard many other students say that about him), he made a mistake that completely ruined another person's life (you dont just get up and start walking around after coming out of a coma, he will need medical assistance for the rest of his life). He should be in prison serving time for his crime, even if he is a 'good guy' and this was an 'accident' and a 'fluke incident'.
Tomas

New York, NY

#22 Jun 25, 2008
first of all this is all bullshit! if he didn't do anything wrong then why is he running? please man don't make excuses for someone just because you know him or are friends with him! if i knew someone that did that shit i would not be making excuses for him so grow up!
AnonymousFromSerbia wrote:
SchumeyF1

Ronkonkoma, NY

#23 Jun 25, 2008
Prijatelj wrote:
Someone watch tv too much, and he watching bed amirican mouvies.
If you think that he is bad guy, you are stupid, very stupid.
Minja is great guy, but you americans, do not have feelings (you parents wonts that you go to work with 16 years, what is not case in our county), for you only what is imoprtend is money.
I am happy becaus I am from Serbia, and i am proud because i am frend of Minja.
At the end you, and you county will pay to Minja because he was in jeal with out reason. In that bar wos camera, and Bryan was drunk and drog. In hospital wher was Bryan have good doktors. Tru is caming...If you want, came to Srbia, see what is life, i mean wrily life... Frends, family and all what you don`t have in USA
Prijatelj - you Englis prety good, yes. You no leetle abut USA. They all doktors and frendz and aer in bed in mouvies. Im go Srbia and has hot look at babe Ana Ivanovic cuntry tenens girl. Minja not look her in dogz eyes he is barkng. Ana is very nicce...Ching, ching.
Prijatelj

Beograd, Serbia

#24 Jun 25, 2008
Sektor wrote:
no a surprise really. MOST (not all) Serbs are vicious animals without a regard for others who do what they want, when they want. I've lived with many cultures (Bosnians, Serbs Croats, Germans, Italians,Arabs and now Americans) and the Serbs take the cake for the most ruthless and vicious animals who have no regard for others (even more than most black Americans).
This guy will rot in hell.
Sweet dreams...
cccc
Prijatelj

Beograd, Serbia

#25 Jun 25, 2008
SchumeyF1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prijatelj - you Englis prety good, yes. You no leetle abut USA. They all doktors and frendz and aer in bed in mouvies. Im go Srbia and has hot look at babe Ana Ivanovic cuntry tenens girl. Minja not look her in dogz eyes he is barkng. Ana is very nicce...Ching, ching.
Keep looking...
Tvoj englesiki je malo tarzan... Bolje pisi srpski da te ceo svet razume. Najvise mrzim te papke koji kad odu gore 2 meseca i sle da su pravi stranci.
Oces ti od sela , ali selo nece od tebe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Bearcats NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Binghamton U. adds forward Perovic to basketbal... Mar '14 Akilyas Yacob 1
Serb Allegedly Beats Man Into Coma, Flees (Jul '08) May '10 Kristina 12
Fugitive Serb is a big hero at home (Jun '08) Mar '10 Seriously 730
Macon takes over Binghamton basketball program ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Kimberly Skipper-Lee 1
Rapid rise, devastating fall at Binghamton (Nov '09) Nov '09 Conscious Basketb... 1
BU's Rivera to test draft waters, but won't hir... (Oct '09) Oct '09 mike 1
Emanuel a Tikia Maybena s arrest follows 3-mont... (Sep '09) Sep '09 WJ _Chenango Forks 2
•••
•••

Binghamton Bearcats NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••