Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232917 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#664957 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Really liar? President Obama is demanding a tax cut for himself?
Mitt Mitt YOU GIANT POS!!!
Rich Guy Tax Cuts so Far:
1986 capital gains tax rate 33% <--- Who Complained? GOP?
1990 capital gains tax rate 28% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $1 Million Dollars per year!!
2002 capital gains tax rate 20% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $3 Million Dollars per year!!
2003 capital gains tax rate 15% <---- TAX CUT!!!
This gave Mitt $4 Million Dollars per year!!
Mitt, baby, YOUR taxes are so low already,
Mitt Mitt YOU GREEDY POS!!!
On TV 50 times a day: Cut My Taxes!! waaaah waaaah waaaah
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
Romney wins in November...but he still won't kiss you.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#664959 Jun 19, 2012
meaningless fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. fred uses Kenyan lizard to remind us that the lizard was born in Mombassa. The lizard's grandma says so.
The original full name of the insult was the "lazy sunbathing Kenyan lizard" to indicate ObaMugabe's narcissistic personality disorder.
Fred uses lizard and Kenyan interchangeably so that fred doesn't have to describe the lizard using human terms.
Got it Retard Fred: black = not human

Thanks for clearing that up.

Got that Carol? Your buddy Retard Fred here says ...

Location hidden

#664960 Jun 19, 2012
finding wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate him, just hate the job he is doing as president.
Didn't ask you did I?
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664961 Jun 19, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully you are among the dying breed of crusty, miserable old white male losers. You represent this pathetic group, you call the President a lizard? I call you you a fossilized dinosaur.
Time to die off, you only give new meaning to the word meaningless.
for sonicfilter's benefit, this post is clearly racist (and sexist), attacking a person because he is white and male...
carol

Windermere, FL

#664964 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were calling Donaldson a liar 'cause he recognized that some people don't like Obama 'cause he's black (Obama not Donaldson, don't want you any more confused than you already are).
When Sam Donaldson calls "many on the political right" flat out racists, we have a problem.

Would Sam Donaldson say that about "many on the political left" if a black republican had been elected and his policies were criticized by the opposition?

Would you "not like" a republican president just because he is black, Tenzing?

Would you like being called a racist for opposing his policies?

Would you, Tenzing?

You must be kidding me to even attempt to defend that comment.
fred

Hilton Head Island, SC

#664965 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it Retard Fred: black = not human
Thanks for clearing that up.
Got that Carol? Your buddy Retard Fred here says ...
fred has repeatedly an often said that fred doesn't consider liberals - like you - human beings. Liberals forfeited any consideration as human beings when Roe vs Wade made unrestricted murder legal. duh

Playing the race card? Really? No one cares about your delusions freak.
carol

Windermere, FL

#664966 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were calling Donaldson a liar 'cause he recognized that some people don't like Obama 'cause he's black (Obama not Donaldson, don't want you any more confused than you already are).
Of course, I'm sure you also believe there isn't one racist democrat on the planet.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#664968 Jun 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred played a lovely golf course on Hilton Head yesterday..Oyster Reef. fred recommends it.
Most cool! The girls are going to church camp next week. I hope to play at least 18 every day. My luck it will rain.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#664969 Jun 19, 2012
fedup wrote:
<quoted text> Yea I seen all the change I want to see from Obama.we wake up everyday to the change.You know where the economy has gotten worse.Soon be in depression if he is in again we will be in one by December.If you don't want to hear your babies crying for food get him out.another four years of Obama we all will be hurting.I'm tired of all his lies go ahead vote for his lies and changes good luck you will sure need all the luck you can get.
So what's the Alternative Voting for an Empty Corporate Fascist Suit like Mitt Willard Romney? America being turned into a 2 Class Society Rich and Poor because I guarantee you and all the FOX News Brain Washed Sheep that your buying Right into the propoganda and hands of the enemy! You will get what you deserve if you all vote for Romney!

You will get another War Bomb! Bomb! Bomb! Iran!!

Your Unemployment, Social Security and Medicare and Affordable Health Care will be Taken from all of us!!

We will then really be in Conundrum and Depression if the Corporate Fascist Koch Brothers get their way!!!
carol

Windermere, FL

#664970 Jun 19, 2012
finding wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate him, just hate the job he is doing as president.
This is precisely why Obama was carefully selected by the powers that be. No doubt about it.

If you don't like his radical leftwing positions, you must be a racist.

It's as plain as the nose on Tenzing's face.
fred

Hilton Head Island, SC

#664971 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only were Republicans shut out of the health care reform bill, but Americans were ignored.
CBS News (2010)- The public is increasingly skeptical of the health care reform bill signed into law last week, a new CBS News poll shows.
More Americans now disapprove of the legislation, and many expect their costs to rise and the quality of their care to worsen; few expect the reforms to help them.
The poll, conducted March 29 through April 1, found that the president's efforts to build up support for the bill appear to be ineffective.
Fifty-three percent of Americans say they disapprove of the new reforms, including 39 percent who say they disapprove strongly. In the days before the bill passed the House, 37 percent said they approved and 48 percent disapproved.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200017...
Guess what? We got it shoved down our throats anyway.
Wanna know why? Because Harry Reid says, "We know what's best."
"We"? "We" who? "We" the democrats? Not "we" the people?
Reminder: The proper answer to Tenzing psychotic attempt to make you defensive about being on the same side as fred is fred speaks for himself.

Tenzing's sick need to bully and brow beat you for standing by your beliefs speaks for itself. fred thinks you're doing a good job expressing yourself.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#664973 Jun 19, 2012
Great quote from the Wall Street Journal;

Obama's admirers sometimes describe him as a "rock star." If so, he's a one-hit wonder. They thought they were getting the Beatles but ended up with A Flock of Seagulls.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#664974 Jun 19, 2012
More;

ABC News reports that President Obama Wednesday "had lunch with two service members and two local barbers at Kenny's BBQ on Capitol Hill":

As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.

The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.

The White House eventually settled the tab. Yesterday we had a chuckle at the expense of what the New York Times called Obama's "fresh metaphor": "It's like somebody goes to a restaurant, orders a big steak dinner, martini, all that stuff, and then, just as you're sitting down, they leave, and accuse you of running up the tab!"

We didn't realize how fresh the metaphor was.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664975 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
1 in 4 have concerns voting for a Mormon High Priest for President of the USA.
recent poll...
25% <------ That is HUGE.
I thought it was only me!!
Come on November, Obama wins Again!!
Maybe then Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
will finally stfu!!
Obama's heritage is NOT of Negro Slaves of America.
-
Obama is NOT an authentic, true, bonafide brother nor a descendant of Black U.S. History, but only "OUTSOURCED" with Kenyan roots, a Muslim Heritage, and Irish white mother, Obama to fool the white idiot and unconscious Black race...
-
Hell... ifyou libtards can elect a hair plugs for brains Joe O'Biden and a fudgepacker Kenyan Muslim by mistake, why not a Senate leader Harry Reid or (D)Mark Udall type Mormon for President you idiot?
-
What part of your stupid and sold out bigotry do you not understand Ruthie?
-
Elect Joe you moron??
-
It's the culture
TSM

El Paso, TX

#664977 Jun 19, 2012
The only thing Liberals/Democrats have in defending this Inept President is the Race Card!!

Location hidden

#664978 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When Sam Donaldson calls "many on the political right" flat out racists, we have a problem.
Would Sam Donaldson say that about "many on the political left" if a black republican had been elected and his policies were criticized by the opposition?
Would you "not like" a republican president just because he is black, Tenzing?
Would you like being called a racist for opposing his policies?
Would you, Tenzing?
You must be kidding me to even attempt to defend that comment.
We know y'all have a problem, that's what Donaldson was alluding to.

Location hidden

#664979 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I'm sure you also believe there isn't one racist democrat on the planet.
Of course there are, why do you make these stupid generalizations? The South was solid Democrat until passage of the CRA. I would even dare say that there are probably black Democrats that don't like white people. <shhhhhh, its a secret>
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664980 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
and Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
sings: I ran, I ran a useless campaaaaaign!!!
I ran, I ran so far, just like Palin....
I can't wiiiinnnnnn...
I am a useless whiner: cut my taxes...wahhh waaahh waaaahhhh!
I ran, I ran so far as a loser....
Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...
-
It's the culture...

Since: Dec 07

United States

#664981 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
It was reported recently,
Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
gave the Mormon Church $4,000,000!!
The Mormon Church recently built a $5 BILLION Mall.
In Utah,
Oh, that is great charity!!
The Lord owns a Mall....
and a reported $100 BILLION stock and co.'s portfolio.....
Gives real meaning to:
Lord won't YOU buy me a mercedes benz!!!
Oh the charity work of this non-profit church!!
You're one of those leftists that think giving to religious charity (and charities in general) is a hindrance to your political party's agenda.

The less money religious charities have to help the less fortunate, the more they have to depend on the government.

Just look at how much your prez and v-prez give to charitable organizations.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#664982 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
and Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
sings: I ran, I ran a useless campaaaaaign!!!
I ran, I ran so far, just like Palin....
I can't wiiiinnnnnn...
I am a useless whiner: cut my taxes...wahhh waaahh waaaahhhh!
I ran, I ran so far as a loser....
Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
Obama's White Base Shows Cracks Compared With 2008

Support down five points since 2008 among all voters, but more among key 2008 white supporters

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Daily tracking indicates Barack Obama is receiving less support in the 2012 presidential election from some of the white subgroups that gave him the strongest support in 2008. These include non-Hispanic white registered voters who are 18 to 29 years old, female postgrads, and the nonreligious, among others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min NoahLovesU 239,102
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr litesong 5,582
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,765
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 309,875
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Pietro Armando 201,810
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 18 hr Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 23 hr Jeff 1
More from around the web