Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233600 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#655650 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE blamed both parties...repeatedly. But I never hear a peep about blaming anyone else but republicans on your side.
The stimulus was a failure with very little to show for what it is costing the taxpayers and the minimal amount of jobs that resulted.
Obamacare and Solyndra are two other failed biggies.
So why won't Obamacare kick in until after the president is - or isn't - reelected? Maybe I missed your answer.
Oh please, all you do is blame Obama.

The ACA is a large complicated reform.

It has to be implemented in steps.

Some things are in place. Some, like the exchanges, kick in later.

But am sure it must be some evil plan like you say.

“God bless you Goerge W. Bush”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#655651 Jun 3, 2012
Wierdo:
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to understand, it was in reply to one of your nonsensical posts. No spin on it.
If you want to spit or piss into the wind, go right ahead.
If you want to say something like fighting the trend, say it. Leave the fish out of it.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655652 Jun 3, 2012
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you are smarter than Carol? No. You have no room to talk, Moonbat.
Leg Humper.
carol

Windermere, FL

#655653 Jun 3, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to understand, it was in reply to one of your nonsensical posts. No spin on it.
If you want to spit or piss into the wind, go right ahead.
If you want to say something like fighting the trend, say it. Leave the fish out of it.
Too much spin. Can anyone else translate this for me?

However,[just FYI], swimming upstream is a commonly used colloquialism. It means going against the trend or flow.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655654 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Camp was the usual Hollyweird liberal spin of reality that doesn't exist except in their own minds. But you and Lily apparently will believe anything.
Is analytical thinking even part of both of your genetic makeup?
Deny, Deny, Deny.....is that all you can do?
carol

Windermere, FL

#655655 Jun 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, all you do is blame Obama.
The ACA is a large complicated reform.
It has to be implemented in steps.
Some things are in place. Some, like the exchanges, kick in later.
But am sure it must be some evil plan like you say.
Yeah, guess Obama took down the plaque on the president's desk in the Oval Office that once said, "The buck stops here."

He probably changed it out to read, "The buck stops anywhere but here."
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655656 Jun 3, 2012
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Wierdo:
<quoted text>
Leg humper.

“God bless you Goerge W. Bush”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#655657 Jun 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, all you do is blame Obama.
The ACA is a large complicated reform.
It has to be implemented in steps.
Some things are in place. Some, like the exchanges, kick in later.
But am sure it must be some evil plan like you say.
Everything the left does, fails. Everything our Community Organizer does, turns to $hit. And - stop being a humungous hypocrite. You leftwingers do/have done nothing except blame Bush, Dumb Dave.

Don't you have anything to do today, or is this just another day for you living your life on Topix, zero?

“God bless you Goerge W. Bush”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#655658 Jun 3, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Leg humper.
Fire hydrant.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#655659 Jun 3, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to get that into carols skull. If you want to quibble, it is a product that is produced in the US. So fair flack, it is a product that this country produces, not the Government.
Ok.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#655660 Jun 3, 2012
In case anyone wants to know. Dow futures down 15 right now.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655661 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much spin. Can anyone else translate this for me?
However,[just FYI], swimming upstream is a commonly used colloquialism. It means going against the trend or flow.
Up stream and down stream is common. Swimming upstream is commonly used for fish. I don't speak colloquial but I'll give you that swimming up stream usually refers fighting the flow for no reason.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655662 Jun 3, 2012
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Fire hydrant.
Leg humper.

Romney/Leg humper 2012
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655663 Jun 3, 2012
Carol,

Any plans on getting back to me on allowing all children into that religious school to get a better education?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655664 Jun 3, 2012
Today is a good day!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney picking up 48% of the vote, while President Obama attracts 44%.

... picking up the support of women as well.

It's the economy, stupid. And it should stay stupid for quite some time. LOL

I wonder how much Kobe beef Mooch will gorge herself with knowing she'll have to buy her own in a few months. LOL Keep an eye on her caboose for details.
cway

United States

#655665 Jun 3, 2012
We're in deep financial trouble.

And try as Republicans may to deny it, most of the borrowing occured during the tenures of their presidents.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655666 Jun 3, 2012
flack wrote:
In case anyone wants to know. Dow futures down 15 right now.
Great! Welcome to Greece ... HOOPA!
cway

United States

#655667 Jun 3, 2012
LOL wrote:
Today is a good day!
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney picking up 48% of the vote, while President Obama attracts 44%.
... picking up the support of women as well.
It's the economy, stupid. And it should stay stupid for quite some time. LOL
I wonder how much Kobe beef Mooch will gorge herself with knowing she'll have to buy her own in a few months. LOL Keep an eye on her caboose for details.
Yeah, let's put back in power the party which caused the current mess.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655668 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
We're in deep financial trouble.
And try as Republicans may to deny it, most of the borrowing occured during the tenures of their presidents.
You somehow forgot to mention following your Obama worship service that the incompetent Obama hasn't been one bit successful in fixing it.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655669 Jun 3, 2012
SADKO301 wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE DUMBASS
Overview of IAEA Nuclear Inspections in Iraq
Steven Dolley and Paul Leventhal[1]
Nuclear Control Institute
June 14, 2001
It is important and timely to examine the International Atomic Energy Agencys (IAEA) inspections of Iraqs nuclear program, both before and after the Gulf War. Distinctly absent from most policy discussions of the topic are voices critical of the Agencys performance in Iraq. The IAEAs record of shortcomings and failures in detecting nuclear-weapons development in Iraq should be weighed against its accomplishments when assessing any potential role for the Agency in the event inspections are resumed in Iraq.
The only IAEA visits to Iraq since Saddam kicked U.N. inspectors out in late 1998 have been two brief trips to verify the amount and status of Iraqs declared stocks of natural and low-enriched uranium.[2] However, there have been troubling indications over the last two years that Saddams nuclear-weapons program has not only survived, but been reinvigorated. In a speech televised in Baghdad last September, Saddam told his nuclear energy officials that the battle is your battle, that Iraqs enemies will be defeated when their losses will be as huge as the gains they had hoped to achieve, and that the Nuclear Energy [Association] has a big duty in this field.[3] Salman Zweir worked for 13 years as an engineer for the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission before defecting to the West in late 1998. Zweir, who worked on the centrifuge uranium enrichment program, claims that Saddam recalled him and many other technical personnel to the nuclear-weapons program in the fall of 1998. Zweir refused, was imprisoned and tortured, and eventually escaped to the West.[4] Some other recent reports of alleged defectors are less credible.[5] The general picture that emerges is an ongoing, active effort by Iraq to build nuclear weapons.
I assume you posted this because it says Saddam kicked UN inspectors out in 1998, is that correct? Is that y'all's problem? You are aware that they returned in 2002 and were still active when we told them to evacuate in 2003 so we could invade right? Right? I mean, ya'll didn't miss that didja? Its kind of important since Hans Blix was telling Bush et. al. that there was no evidence of WMD and that Saddam was cooperating and that we shouldn't invade. Did y'all miss that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min cpeter1313 309,894
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 min sick of em 5,601
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Thinking 239,241
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,767
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Mon Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 Sun Jeff 1
More from around the web