Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,839)

Showing posts 236,761 - 236,780 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why "must" I "agree"? As I have stated before, I support people's freedom to make their own choices, within the law. Why should that mean I would be working to change laws or that that I "must agree" that there should or should not be restrictions? It simply means I support people's freedom to make their own choices. Very simple.
You can't say that you support a womans freedom to make her own choices if you agree with a law/or don't care enough to change a law that RESTRICTS her own choices.

You're a walking contradiction.

You're playing both sides of the fence. Fooling noone but yourself. The fact is is that you DO NOT want her to have choices,you want our laws to dictate when she can or can't abort...FORCING her to have a baby that she might not want.

In other words, you are ANTI-CHOICE TO KILL like prolifers are,after the first trimester. Admit it LNM.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Where does personal accountability/responsibility come into play? Why is someone a "poor girl" because they didn't know until late into a pregnancy that they were even pregnant?
I'm not controlling anyone's choice. I don't make the laws. I simply support people's freedom to make their own choices within the law. And as everyone knows, even you, we live in a society of laws. We have to follow laws every day of our lives. Am I to blame for that? I don't think so.
Poor girl as in "poor sucker".

I am AGAINST the law that allows women to kill their baby in utero. I vote in people who will change the law because it is a crime against humanity.

You,OTOH,don't care about changing the law that restricts her choices and you dare call yourself PRO-CHOICE and PRO-WOMAN?

Of course we have to follow laws but we also have the ability to try to CHANGE laws that we disagree with.

Again,do you think that the law that restricts should be changed? YES OR NO?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>If a woman decides to only have one child,and she ONLY wants a daughter,yet,..she finds out that she is pregnant at 9 months pregnant,do you think that she should be forced to keep that baby girl that she will resent or hate/or should she have a right to kill that daughter?
What about this don't you get? I support people's freedom to make their own choices, within the law. I don't get into their personal business or situations. I don't get into all these "what if this" and "what if that" kind of game.

If someone finds themselves in any of your dramatic "what if" situations then they have to evaluate the options available and make a decision. Their decision, not mine.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Where does personal accountability/responsibility come into play? Why is someone a "poor girl" because they didn't know until late into a pregnancy that they were even pregnant?
I'm not controlling anyone's choice. I don't make the laws. I simply support people's freedom to make their own choices within the law. And as everyone knows, even you, we live in a society of laws. We have to follow laws every day of our lives. Am I to blame for that? I don't think so.
Thankfully we live in a society that provides us with ways to change the laws that we don't agree with. Isn't this a great country?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

So you lied; duly noted.

1) RvW, not the law, allows for restriction in the third trimester. Even then, it refers to possible state interest, not any kind of fetal rights.

2) Laws can change, but they rarely do if they restrict freedoms already established, as the woman's rights were acknowledged in RvW.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1) While not giving the fetus rights, the law does allow the states to prohibit abortion in the 3rd trimester except to preserve the life and health of the mother.
2) Our laws can and have been changed over time, many of them restrict individual freedoms.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

If the doctor believes her the problems her stress are causing outweigh the diminished safeness of a third-trimester abortion, it's fine with me. Most doctors, however, will induce labor or perform a c-section, as it may be less stressful in the long run. Unless one knows the specifics of the case one can only generalize.

Do you think that premature induced labor or c-sections should be elective?
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>A woman finds out for the first time that she is pregnant at 8 months. She decides to terminate because she doesn't want the baby.
Do you support her choice to electively abort? Let's see if you are really for choice.
Every other so called "prochoicer" is welcomed to answer too :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>If a woman decides to only have one child,and she ONLY wants a daughter,yet,..she finds out that she is pregnant at 9 months pregnant,do you think that she should be forced to keep that baby girl that she will resent or hate/or should she have a right to kill that daughter?
This is getting ridiculous. There's no end to your "what if" dramas. If women aren't finding out they're pregnant until the 9nth month then there are some other issues going on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
So you lied; duly noted.
1) RvW, not the law, allows for restriction in the third trimester. Even then, it refers to possible state interest, not any kind of fetal rights.
2) Laws can change, but they rarely do if they restrict freedoms already established, as the woman's rights were acknowledged in RvW.
<quoted text>
1)The states can't legally restrict abortion in the 3rd trimester?

2)Since when? What about helmet laws, gun laws, smoking laws, etc...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
So you lied; duly noted.
<quoted text>
"So you lied; duly noted."

Where?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So a woman does't/shouldn't have 100% automony, even when she is pregnant? I've been saying that all along.
Actually, in technically and in theory, women DO have 100% autonomy. If they're THAT determined to end a pregnancy, they will. If they're THAT determined to endanger a fetus with drugs, alcohol, dangerous activities, they will.

Should they? Depends on your point of view. YOu think no. I think no. Many however think they should.

Legally they dont. Personally, I support the current federal law as it stands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>

I understand your position here, but many on here use this to defend any/all "abortion on demand". Trying to justify all elevtive abortions because there are a few rare times that it might be necessary is like saying that any/all killing should be justified because sometimes you need to kill in self-defence.
I dont believe that's true. I think MORE on this forum support the woman's right to make her own medical CHOICES. Whether its on demand or not is irrelevant, since its none of our business either way what choice she makes, nor will it affect us in ANY way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't anyones business why a woman wants an abortion.
I should have read ahead LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The killing of human life is everyones business.
Not when its in utero prior to viability its not. Its a personal, medical decision that wont have ANY affect on you or me in ANY way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO,killing for sport is wrong if you aren't going to eat.
Nobody that matters cares what you think about that either Skanky.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones at the center of negative attention ... babbling bullshit deleted for COMPLETE stupidity.....
Is you LYnniekins.

Dead subject. The world has moved on. You were wrong. Get a life, or at least find someone to beat the shit out of you and get your abuse fix that way.

Good lord, you dont know when to shutthefuck up and move on.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Women have the right to abort at any stage of pregnancy UNLESS the state decides it has an interest in preserving the pregnancy. However, the state may NOT deny a woman an abortion in the case of danger to health or life, even in the third trimester.

Fetal rights are easier; they don't exist, at all. Rights adhere at birth and not before. States interest cannot grant rights. If the woman wants to carry to term, that is her choice as well, just as terminating it would be. It's the WOMAN'S right to gestate without interference if that is her decision.

Hope that helps with your mental constipation.
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Women don't have rights at all stages of their pregnancy,to kill their babies. Fetuses don't have rights UNTIL viability OR if mom wanted the child.
What a big,freakin mess you pro-aborts have made.
Consistently inconsistent.
The fetus has no rights
The fetus has rights.
Mom has rights.
Mom doesn't have rights.
WHICH IS IT?
Sh*t or get off the pot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
Foo, Katie, Ladilulu and Chicky are all insane to think their lies aren't seen for what they are, and proven to boot. All 4 are pathological liars. "I've alreay proved my claim" isn't proof, and doesn't fly with people who have intelligence and integrity in discussion.
Lynniekins, given you dont have the honesty and ingetrity to own your own history here, you have NO room to bitch about anyone else.

Go take a flying leap you pathetic coward.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you but the government says different.
Uh no. The government doesn't make the claim that fetus's have rights. Only the BORN have "rights". Factually, rights are endowed upon birth.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Not going to happen; it can't meet constitutional muster.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If the law changes and makes abortion illegal. except to save the LIFE of the mother.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1) While not giving the fetus rights, the law does allow the states to prohibit abortion in the 3rd trimester except to preserve the life and health of the mother.
Sue, you just showed that a fetus does NOT have rights. Did you mean to say something else earlier?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 236,761 - 236,780 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min John Galt 1,033,330
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min The Hindu Forum 216,689
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 26,090
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••