Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
227,941 - 227,960 of 305,092 Comments Last updated 28 min ago

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
Well, it's about time:
http://news.yahoo.com/amid-economic-crisis-sp...
Hopefully the U.S. will follow suit.
Hopefully real soon..

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, really? Having a good memory is "creepy" to you? Figures. None of you can remember anything you post or that anyone else posts. Maybe that's why you people contradict yourselves and each other so often; lousy memory.
Nope, that's not it. Thanks for playing, though.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
So out of one corner of your mouth you state you know what my post meant, but out of the other corner, you discredit yourself by expressly making assertions that clearly indicate you don't.
What difference is there between an elective abortion pre-viability and an elective abortion post-viability, when the key word is "elect?"
Can't a woman elcet NOT to abort pre-viability, or post-viability, even if in the case of the latter, her life may be threatened?
So, if the "elective" part, meaning, the election choice of the woman remains in either case, isn't disturbed, what's your fucking point, Lynniekins?
Don't answer that; we all know you don't, nor will you ever, have a point. So why don't you shut your pie hole you stupid Yente?
Naw a Yente has more stye than Little Lying Lynne D will ever have.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you post, an English professor weeps.
I am glad that I skim over the posts.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, CD, I'll let you in on a little secret.(Come closer so no one else hears, it's just for you)
You PCers refer to Lynne D [all the time, and it's done obsessively], and do so about me,[Lily]. I refer to you people as bonehead, pea brain, fool etc. and you each reply in the first person. Is that an admission that you're a bonehead, pea brain, fool etc.?
lol, you're no lawyer and you prove it via your own incomptence in reasoning things through.
You have a point there, weaselface. I'll send you a fruitcake (yuck.)

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome :)
Welcome to the neighborhood.
The place isn't always this bad.
Sometimes it's worse!
Thank you, that's sweet.
I happened upon this thread and started reading yesterday afternoon.
It's not bad, and often most are worse!:)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise, I already knew you wouldn't read beyond the first paragraph, because I knew it was too much for your brain to handle. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt that you would have the attention span of an adult, but you prove yet again everything must be "Dick and Janed" for you. Don't make posts more than 1 paragraph. Don't make sentences longer than this.
Okay, I'll try.
You try to bother me. It doesn't work. You amuse me. I will let you know you amuse me. You hang on every single post I make. I ignore 99% of yours. They aren't worth reading. They aren't worth replying to. I only reply to very few of the ones you make. I only do that to laugh at and poke fun at your childishness and stupidity.
The end.
Yeah, right. Nice try. You always twist yourself into special shapes trying to explain yourself. Don't be so defensive. It's all good.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

LadiLulu wrote:
Well, it's about time:
If Spain does it, other countries won't be far behind, I hope.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Fair enough, bicker away. I'm here for the free entertainment.:)
Cool. I'll make popcorn.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, that's sweet.
I happened upon this thread and started reading yesterday afternoon.
It's not bad, and often most are worse!:)
Hello and welcome to the insanity!

: D

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. I'll make popcorn.
LOL, you're on.:)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If Spain does it, other countries won't be far behind, I hope.
From your mouth to G-d's ear!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chicky!
Am just popping in real quick with an interesting link you may have seen already. It's the legal/medical history of VIABILITY. I am done with this topic, but have a better understanding of where the PLers were coming from in claiming that Roe legally defined VIABLE. Am not sure if that's completely accurate because there already were medical definitions provided as common law, but cases following Roe have caused the definition of VIABILITY to evolve into (maybe not obsolescent) something else entirely.
And I am grateful for this so that courts cannot determine viability but leave it up to the practicing physicians. "Colautti v Franklin rejected a Pennsylvania statute that would have required physicians to protect the life of a potentially viable fetus either during or after an abortive procedure, ruling instead that the determination of viability was to be performed on a case-by-case basis.15"
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content...
There it is. Awesome.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello and welcome to the insanity!
: D
LOL, let the Games begin.:)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
Compliments of my e-mail sent to me by my cousin,,,, don't know where they came from originally, but they put a giggle in me tummy, and splatter on my comp screen
Thanks for the laughs!

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you think "fetal rights" means, but the context Badaxe is using is equivalent to same even if he words it with "protecting potential life". By his continually claiming he'd like to see Doe v Bolton overturned because it gives women too much leeway in later term abortion based on their "health" rather than just their "life", he is basically admitting he'd like to remove women's rights and extend same to the fetus.
But don't take my word for it. Here's a legal definition.
"Fetal Rights
Legal Personhood
Recently, the anti-choice movement has stimulated legislation, purportedly aimed at
protecting pregnant women, to create new legal protections for fetuses. By moving toward an
independent legal status for the fetus, embryo, or zygote, abortion opponents are seeking to
establish precedent for fetal personhood.
&#61623; Granting a fetus, embryo, or fertilized eggs independent legal rights undermines one of the
central tenets of Roe – that a fetus is a not a legal “person” for the purposes of constitutional
protection.
&#61623; Legislation to protect fetuses, embryos, and zygotes can take many different forms. The
extent to which such a bill may endanger reproductive rights depends on its specific
language. States may:
o amend existing homicide statutes to include the fetus as a possible victim;
o pass statutes defining the fetus as a person or human being;
o enact freestanding statutes to define a new crime for injury to a fetus;
o extend wrongful death statutes to permit civil suits against individuals who cause the
death of a fetus; or
o enact new statutes to penalize injury to a pregnant woman that causes harm to her
pregnancy or results in a miscarriage.1"
http://lsrj.org/documents/factsheets/08-09_Fe...
Are you done now? I am.
I'm pretty sure this will get me into trouble,from both sides,heck life is short,here it is.
The Court has yet to supply a precise time the fetus will magically become a human being.
Doe, does give the woman a right to abort at anytime. In Bolton the court ruled physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age relate to health. If one can convince a doctor she's nuts,well there you go,she can have an abortion at anytime..

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure this will get me into trouble,from both sides,heck life is short,here it is.
The Court has yet to supply a precise time the fetus will magically become a human being.
Doe, does give the woman a right to abort at anytime. In Bolton the court ruled physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age relate to health. If one can convince a doctor she's nuts,well there you go,she can have an abortion at anytime..
What's wrong with that? If its not your pregnancy or your life why should you have a say? Have you ever seen what happens to babies born to mentally ill mothers? Or does what happens to it after it's born not matter?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure this will get me into trouble,from both sides,heck life is short,here it is.
It's the physician's call, as it should be, OL.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

The sooner the better--not just for the RCC but all religions.
LadiLulu wrote:
Well, it's about time:

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you're on.:)
Welcome back Nasty Nana! How's the bi-racial grandchildren?

Psst.....there aren't anymore *new* ones are there?

Cuz " my daughter being divorced with bi-racial kids is enough to handle" right?

(((Sassy waves hello)))

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min PDUPONT 1,080,451
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr sweets2360 224,181
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 26,673
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••