The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,302

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#47098 Aug 19, 2012
The DAWGS are coming!!!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#47099 Aug 19, 2012
Fear the TIDE

Since: Aug 12

Morristown, TN

#47100 Aug 19, 2012
Sec rules
fightfan

Marion, OH

#47101 Aug 19, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I remember MSU 49-7 Boise is 1-4 vs SEC!!!!!!! We could see 7 natl champs in a row by the SEC!!!!!!!! never has been done... the best is 6 you guessed it
THE SEC....
Despite all the symbolic disciplinary actions throughout the newly aligned conferences, the SEC is still the only conference that remains “self-regulating.” That is, they discovered long ago that you only get caught and penalized if you turn yourself in and they aren’t going to do that. Then, they make fun of those teams that do. Hence Trent Richardson's mother
fightfan

Marion, OH

#47102 Aug 19, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I remember MSU 49-7 Boise is 1-4 vs SEC!!!!!!! We could see 7 natl champs in a row by the SEC!!!!!!!! never has been done... the best is 6 you guessed it
THE SEC....
Bcs. Lets not forget. lsu playing in there backyard for both. Scam Newton and both Alabama's with the Trent Richardson thing.
fightfan

Marion, OH

#47103 Aug 19, 2012
Did the new saftey there Landon Collins's girlfriend start her new job in Saban's staff yet?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#47104 Aug 19, 2012
fightfan wrote:
Did the new saftey there Landon Collins's girlfriend start her new job in Saban's staff yet?
she's doing a hellva job!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#47105 Aug 19, 2012
coolblue12000 wrote:
Sec rules
With the lack of wording after your comment, does that mean you are implying there are no rules in the SEC? Just asking fella :)

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47106 Aug 19, 2012
s.e.c.
No doubt about it
To win the PAC USC will have to beat an Oregon team that can't Find the word defense in a dictionary. And a rebuilt Stanford
Tide will have to beat LSU Arkansas Auburn South Carolina
And the dawgs....
UGA1......
About the opener
Bo Oliver and Khalil Mack will both play for pay
After that....it gets depressing....
See you at the opener....

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#47107 Aug 20, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Defense wins games especially creating turn overs and scoring without the offense
Except when opponents play USC because we will be one of the most prolific scoring machines ever witnessed this coming season. With 5 to 6 first round players constantly touching the ball on offense this year, we will outscore everyone on our way to the National Championship!

USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY!

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47108 Aug 20, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Except when opponents play USC because we will be one of the most prolific scoring machines ever witnessed this coming season. With 5 to 6 first round players constantly touching the ball on offense this year, we will outscore everyone on our way to the National Championship!
USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY!
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
Half dozen SEC team would be able to win the PAC

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#47109 Aug 20, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
You dont know that for sure. The media hypes the defense of the darling SEC so when they all play eachother with their lackluster offenses, no deficiencies are witnessed. The only proof would be head-to-head play. I guess that wont be realized until USC plays Alabama in the National Championship game. HaHa

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#47110 Aug 20, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, from Buffalo NY? Ouch, my condolences... Hey do they still have that great custard shop on the American side of the falls still?

West Hollywood, CA

#47111 Aug 20, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
And if it accounts for anything, I bet we Bruins could take Vanderbuilt and not finish at the bottom of the SEC.

Go Bruins, continue to Play Fair!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#47112 Aug 20, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are those 6 teams, I can come up with 5 in a good year but can only come up with 4 this year. Now if the SEC is going to play those 4 patsy out of conference teams like most of them do and only have to win 3 games in conference, you're argument is probably correct from the SEC stand point but there are 4 PAC? teams that would have a winning record in the SEC easily this year and more if they would schedule the way the SEC does. You can of course disagree but it won't change the fact that you're wrong here.
bill

Taylor, AZ

#47113 Aug 20, 2012
USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO CHEAT!

Have a nice day, pal!

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47114 Aug 20, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, from Buffalo NY? Ouch, my condolences... Hey do they still have that great custard shop on the American side of the falls still?
Mr traveler cheap shots at Buffalos expense...
No imagination shown there......

West Hollywood, CA

#47115 Aug 20, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr traveler cheap shots at Buffalos expense...
No imagination shown there......
I see you are referring to those USC fans as Mister too? I guess for me, a life long UCLA Bruin, we finally have to give credit where do.

So what gives with the custerd talk? Is that anything like you calling yourself Buffalo and Custerd's last stand? I don't get it.

I guess we Bruins don't get out too much from our cushy Westwood neighborhood ;)

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47116 Aug 20, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are those 6 teams, I can come up with 5 in a good year but can only come up with 4 this year. Now if the SEC is going to play those 4 patsy out of conference teams like most of them do and only have to win 3 games in conference, you're argument is probably correct from the SEC stand point but there are 4 PAC? teams that would have a winning record in the SEC easily this year and more if they would schedule the way the SEC does. You can of course disagree but it won't change the fact that you're wrong here.
SEC plays four out of conference teams that are Patsy's
Is that a shot at Georgia for putting Buffalo on thier slate

Oregon has Tenn. Tech my alma mata might be favored there
Stanford bravely put San Jose and Duke on thier slate
California vs. So. Utah Utah vs. No. Colorado
Everyone has a cupcake or two

SEC teams that could take the PAC
Tide LSU Georgia The Hogs So.Carolina are gimmies
in a given year
Florida Auburn Maybe even Missouri
Even if it s only 4 like you said still proves SEC KING

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47117 Aug 20, 2012
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are referring to those USC fans as Mister too? I guess for me, a life long UCLA Bruin, we finally have to give credit where do.
So what gives with the custerd talk? Is that anything like you calling yourself Buffalo and Custerd's last stand? I don't get it.
I guess we Bruins don't get out too much from our cushy Westwood neighborhood ;)
I didn't get the thing about the custard stand either, and Niagara Falls is as far from Buffalo as you are from the Trojans campus
Calling them guys Mr. is just a little light scarcasm...I'll be honest only day i like Trojans is the day they
play notre dam
Also you said you would rather not win by cheating...that is the charm of the mid sized confrence

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 48 min Buffalo Bull 1,484
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 28,405
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
Murray sets new NFL rushing record Dec 17 Da Squirts 18
UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... Dec 16 Madd Dogg 1
K-State's Liu marches to his own beat (Aug '07) Dec 15 Fuckboy 69 3
More from around the web