The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ArmchairGM

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Comments
1 - 20 of 49,273 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 12
First Prev
of 2464
Next Last
george

Hudson, OH

#1 Aug 22, 2007
are you kidding me... who other then over rated USC is in the PAC-10. SEC is hands down. I can't believe someone would even ask. Big ten is 2nd best only to SEC. MICH /OSU /WIS /PENN ST.
bucks

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 22, 2007
is this guy a reporter? he's an idiot. what a stupid question.
SEC.
No Contest

Killeen, TX

#3 Aug 22, 2007
SEC in a landslide.
Take USC out of the Pac-10 and the rest couldn't hold their heads above water.
Wild Bill

Santa Monica, CA

#4 Aug 27, 2007
Did any of you Meat Heads ever read any thing called 'STEELE'S Magazine. Among about a dozen other magazines of so called experts such as Sports Illustrated and etc. Steele's says the Pac. 10 plays the 8 toughest schedules with Washington # 1 and USC #2 on strength of schedule. George from OHIO: You are letting your Stupidity hang out your butt because you have no brains when you call USC " Overrated " . Overated against WHOM. BUCKS, North East MD : THAW OUT BRO., Your Brain is still frozen. Re-read the first part of this comment.And good ole Killeen from Texas: You also should Re-read the first part.USC would love to see you guys in N.O. The Little 12 will not look so good after the Pac 10 gets thru with them this year. GOOO SC, FIGHT ON
Vince

Sutton, WV

#5 Aug 27, 2007
The Pac-10 sucks. They have one dominate team (USC) and the rest of the conference take turns throwing out one good other team while the rest are some of the worst in college football. I have NO respect for the Pac except USC. I think they are the worst conferece. I agree with you George right now the Big 10 is second, but the Big East is makeing a fast run at the 2 spot.
Wild Bill - USC

Santa Monica, CA

#6 Aug 27, 2007
Vince : I guess you are a Big Meat head also. What kind of a stupid piss ass weak conference is the big east? What the hell gives them the right to call themselves " BIG " when actually they play a SMALL WEAK schedule , They would get KILLED against most all teams in any of the major conferences. Get real man,put on a pair of shoes,come down out of those mountains and get an education. Jerry West did and look at him today. GOOO SC, FIGHT ON
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

State College, PA

#7 Aug 27, 2007
The Pac 10 rivals with the mighty SEC. They play just as tough as the SEC and the games they have scheduled are no joke. Though the SEC day in and out have grueling games as well. Its mostly about the PAC 10, SEC, and Big 10.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#8 Aug 27, 2007
Wild Bill wrote:
Did any of you Meat Heads ever read any thing called 'STEELE'S Magazine. Among about a dozen other magazines of so called experts such as Sports Illustrated and etc. Steele's says the Pac. 10 plays the 8 toughest schedules with Washington # 1 and USC #2 on strength of schedule. George from OHIO: You are letting your Stupidity hang out your butt because you have no brains when you call USC " Overrated " . Overated against WHOM. BUCKS, North East MD : THAW OUT BRO., Your Brain is still frozen. Re-read the first part of this comment.And good ole Killeen from Texas: You also should Re-read the first part.USC would love to see you guys in N.O. The Little 12 will not look so good after the Pac 10 gets thru with them this year. GOOO SC, FIGHT ON
> The Pac-10 better than the SEC? > Yeah, right! > Drop that crack pipe, Wild Jill! You're hallucinating! The rough, tough Back-Ten "NO DEFENSE" Powder Puff flag football conference! lol!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#9 Aug 27, 2007
BUCKEYE AND NOLE wrote:
The Pac 10 rivals with the mighty SEC. They play just as tough as the SEC and the games they have scheduled are no joke. Though the SEC day in and out have grueling games as well. Its mostly about the PAC 10, SEC, and Big 10.
> Bucknole! > You need to clean your "Rose" colored glasses. > When you watch college football this coming season ... make sure you keep both eyes open. Hopefully you'll be able to get a realistic picture of who has a good team, and who doesn't. lol!
Tigers 2004 champs

Westwego, LA

#10 Aug 28, 2007
I'll Start by saying USC is a good team and can play anyone in the nation and have a really good chance of winning. But we are not talking about one School... We are talking about CONFERENCES!!! The Pac 10 Has USC... Then 4 others fighting to be mediocre (Cal, Washington St., Oregon St., UCLA) Arizona St. is trying, but the rest get real... SEC does have their wipping boys (Miss St., Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky) but Vandy and Kentucky can beat most schools from other confereces... The SEC on a weekly basis play hard fought down to the wire games. For Instance everyone downs the SEC because they don't have high scoring blow out games, But these teams have Defenses down here... LSU was ridiculed the past few seasons because of that... but Look when they play schools out of conference they (and other SEC schools) Blow up the score board... I'll just say 41-14!!! You decide if you want to discuse the Sugar Bowl win last year or the Fiesta Bowl...
BTW, how about The peach Bowl from 2005? 40-3 over an always tough Miami team and the QB for LSU had NEVER STARTED A GAME!!!
One last thing... Where are USC's Prized Players from??? Oh!!! the South East....
Tigers 2004 champs

Westwego, LA

#11 Aug 28, 2007
I'll Start by saying USC is a good team and can play anyone in the nation and have a really good chance of winning. But we are not talking about one School... We are talking about CONFERENCES!!! The Pac 10 Has USC... Then 4 others fighting to be mediocre (Cal, Washington St., Oregon St., UCLA) Arizona St. is trying, but the rest get real... SEC does have their wipping boys (Miss St., Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky) but Vandy and Kentucky can beat most schools from other confereces... The SEC on a weekly basis play hard fought down to the wire games. For Instance everyone downs the SEC because they don't have high scoring blow out games, But these teams have Defenses down here... LSU was ridiculed the past few seasons because of that... but Look when they play schools out of conference they (and other SEC schools) Blow up the score board... I'll just say 41-14!!! You decide if you want to discuse the Sugar Bowl win last year or the Fiesta Bowl...
BTW, how about The peach Bowl from 2005? 40-3 over an always tough Miami team and the QB for LSU had NEVER STARTED A GAME!!!
One last thing... Where are USC's Prized Players from??? Oh!!! the South East....
Wild Bill - USC

Santa Monica, CA

#12 Aug 28, 2007
Art Deco Bunnie : Says the pac 10 has no Defence, apowder puff flag football conference.

Hey Floppy ears did someone spike your carrot juice with loco weed or could your mommy just not help it and dropped you on your square head when you were born.
Why is it so hard for all you guys to accept what the experts ( guys who do this for a living ) say or at least admit there may be logic in what they say. They are the ones who have all the stats. Lets see after this season who is standing and who is not. But tell me one thing, Who to hell in the SEC has beat USC in the last 10 years. I think it stands 4-0 SC, but please correct me if wrong and I will apologise GOOOO SC FIGHT ON
Wild Bill - USC

Santa Monica, CA

#13 Aug 28, 2007
Tigers 2004 Champs: I appreciate your recognition of USC. I will say LSU is a good team also. I will say the SEC is a good conference, as well as the Big Ten, and Big 12. But the Pac 10 is every bit as good as each one I have mentioned. Every Conference has its up and down years. The pac 10 will have an above average year this year I believe. You also say " Where are all of SC's prized players from ??? OH the South East ". Yes, several of them are, But the biggest majority of the 1st and 2nd String on O & D is PAC 10 COUNTRY.Also several are from the North East, Mid West ant etc. Tells me the best players in the country want to come to USC. I know it must be extreemly hard to accept. GOOO SC FIGHT ON

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#14 Aug 28, 2007
I'm assuming that this debate is not over the 'best' conference (since that's the Big 10), but rather which is better out of these two.
Wild Bill - USC

Santa Monica, CA

#15 Aug 28, 2007
Brittle Fingers : You are apparently assuming wrong. These good old red neck BOYS down there think not only their teams (as a whole ) but their conference is top dog. You are also somewhat wrong to assume the Big 10 is Best.I state the pac 10 is as good as any other, but that is my biased opinion only , just as yours and those good old red necks in the SEC. We shall all see as the season progresses. The pac 10 has several games with the big 10, the SEC , as well as Two games with Notre Dame ( UCLA & USC ) this year ( UCLA at home ) and USC on the road. As Notre Dame plays severay Big 10 teams , we can get a feel. None of the socalled Big Boys ( LSU, AUBURN, or FLORIDA ) Will play Notre Dame often. Hell they won't play USC anymore. GOOO SC FIGHT ON
Tigers 2004 champs

Westwego, LA

#16 Aug 29, 2007
Well... USC and LSU will play this year... So it will be settled...(provided the BCS doesn't screw it up like in 03, when USC and LSU should have played)
Here is my bigest issue... Conference championships... USC and the PAC 10 refuse to allow admitence of any more teams because they will then be forced to actually play for a conference championship... Same goes for the Big 10... How is it every team doesn't play each other??? The Big 10 ended the season with 2 undefeated teams... Wisc. and OSU... How can OSU be crowned Big10 Champ when another school in their conference had the same record? They should have played... But in The SEC it's those types of commitments that prevent teams from playing more out of conference teams... But if you noticed the SEC is playing more and more PAC 10 teams... 9 games over the last 10 years, 5 won by the SEC, 4 won by the PAC 10... LSU has won all 3 of its games (2 of which were away for LSU) and USC won Both of theirs.
Again, I give all college conferences props... They all have good teams... But, By in Large the SEC has MORE consistantly Nationaly ranked teams Per capita than any other conference!!!
Preseason Rankings show it.. TOP 25, SEC (6), Big 12 (4), BIG 10 (4), Big East (3), PAC 10 (3), ACC (2), WAC (2), MWAC (1) This kinda spells it out... Don't it???
Tigers 2004 champs

Westwego, LA

#17 Aug 29, 2007
Just for a comparison of USC and LSU from the 2006 season...
LSU 45 vs. Arizona 3......

USC 20 vs. Arizona 3......

Don't know about you guys, but I'm IMPRESSED!!!
sec power

Cranston, RI

#18 Aug 29, 2007
not only LSU but any SEC team u meet in a bowl will make your day a living hell, but were waitn to make the trojans cry with there weak shit. The team is very good but not that good
sec power

Cranston, RI

#19 Aug 29, 2007
wild bill come on man what happened to the irish in the suger bowl buddy wake up
Wild Bill - USC

Santa Monica, CA

#20 Aug 29, 2007
Tigers 2004 : Comparing USC and LSU from the 2006 season >
LSU 45- Arizona 3
: USC 20 - Arizona 3 . Yea how about that, good comparison. Now MY TURN.
2006 Season
USC 50 - Arkansas 14
LSU 31 - Arkansas 26. That was in LSU stadium and SC was on the road. Lets let the season play out and hopefully LSU will be there to play SC in N.O., but I think they will not be. But I will pull for all your games starting tomorrow. GOOO SC FIGHT ON

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2464
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Trojan 27,101
Simple and swift 17 hr bigtx 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sun Go Blue Forever 1,328
Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes: Gam... Sat adriana 1
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs Morgan State Bears G... Sat adriana 1
Fire Mike Tomlin? (Dec '09) Sat Pass the Steel Bong 42
Patriots finish seson at 16-0 (Dec '07) Aug 29 Soon 2B Fartin Fred 38
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••