Miners on the rise: 23-point run helps UTEP beat Rice

Full story: El Paso Times 93
UTEP running back Jason Williams leaped over the line to score a touchdown in the fourth quarter against Rice Saturday in Sun Bowl. Full Story
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#21 Oct 10, 2010
UTEP look really good last night, no turnovers was a big plus they have improved game by game gotten better on defense and they can move the ball as well on offense puting points on the scoreboard.

It's official: UTEP has rougly 29,000 loyal fans
28,855 highclass spectators to be exact, theres no excuse for the lack of support from the rest of El Paso given that the home team is winning.

One thing is most ceratin and that is that not much has changed in El Paso, when I lived there I had season tickets and we had highclass and cheap lowclass people then and the population is dwindling since theres only 28,855 highclass fans remaining in El Paso.

GO MINERS!!!!!
minerfam

El Paso, TX

#22 Oct 10, 2010
future miner non conference opponents

2011 at kansas
2012 vs N.Mexico at Wisconsin
2013 at colorado st.
2014 at n. mexico vs colorado st.
2015 vs n. mexico
2016 at Texas

As you miner haters non conference games are set in advance. Wisconsin looks good this year, but who knows in 2012. Miners beat them, then the miner haters will state that wisconsin was a weak team. Yes they got new mexico for some more years. Those new mexico teams might be better. What I been hearing Tom Leach (former tech coach) might be coaching them by then. Miners can't do nothing about conference teams.
Tomas

Elko, NV

#23 Oct 10, 2010
Keep on playing teams with losing records, utep. That's the way to get national recognition. Maybe someday you'll be able to play with the big boys, but that's highly unlikely. I hear it all across the country...and I even heard there's a website devoted to utep fans. I will echoe that sentiment, that win or lose...UTEP SUCKS!!!!!
fan

El Paso, TX

#24 Oct 10, 2010
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
UTEP look really good last night, no turnovers was a big plus they have improved game by game gotten better on defense and they can move the ball as well on offense puting points on the scoreboard.
28,855 highclass spectators to be exact, theres no excuse for the lack of support from the rest of El Paso given that the home team is winning.
One thing is most ceratin and that is that not much has changed in El Paso, when I lived there I had season tickets and we had highclass and cheap lowclass people then and the population is dwindling since theres only 28,855 highclass fans remaining in El Paso.
GO MINERS!!!!!
Callate la voca pinche jotillo. I know that you and your joto friends at topix tried to infect my computers with a virus much like the one speedy infected your culo with but your lame aasssssss attempt failed pinche naco pendejo de tu perra madre..........next time i'll inform the authorities so that they can put you and your bola of joto in jail
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#25 Oct 10, 2010
Tomas wrote:
Keep on playing teams with losing records, utep. That's the way to get national recognition. Maybe someday you'll be able to play with the big boys, but that's highly unlikely. I hear it all across the country...and I even heard there's a website devoted to utep fans. I will echoe that sentiment, that win or lose...UTEP SUCKS!!!!!
Tomas SUCKS!
GO MINERS!!!!!!
Tomas

Elko, NV

#26 Oct 10, 2010
I love it when the real whiner mentality surfaces. Even those who call themselves true fans are secretly saying to themselves that UTEP SUCKS!!!!
fhciriza

Bonita, CA

#27 Oct 10, 2010
Nice win. GO MINERS!!!
Scott

Irving, TX

#28 Oct 10, 2010
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
GO MINERS!!!!!
UTEP keeps upping ticket prices. This season, general admission seats in the endzone were going for $20 a game. So it would cost a family of four $80 (plus parking, food, beverage, etc) to see one game.

Yea, yea, I understand that other programs charge more ....but UTEP has to understand that they are dealing with a poorer fan base with larger families in an economic downturn. Don't forget the changes to the tailgating rules. Plus, the university has to factor in the quality of the "product". Clearly fans are hesitating to pay that much money to see a team that may or may not be competitive on any given season.

Memo to the University: Lower ticket prices, make it easier to park on gameday weekends, and get rid of those asinine tailgate restrictions. Then watch the fans come pouring in.
sun city fan

El Paso, TX

#29 Oct 10, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
UTEP has to understand that they are dealing with a poorer fan base with larger families in an economic downturn.
If El Chucoans are poor, they shouldn't be having kids. Unfortunately, Mexican veijas are sleazy and easy.
Scott

Irving, TX

#30 Oct 10, 2010
sun city fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If El Chucoans are poor, they shouldn't be having kids. Unfortunately, Mexican veijas are sleazy and easy.
That may be, but it's irrelevant UTEP's attendance dilemma.
Strider

United States

#31 Oct 10, 2010
Congats to UTEP- Lets recognize that this team has not shaken off all of its issues though- what will be really sad for UTEP would be for the fans to bow out later in the season after UTEP drops some games (and be real people, they will) when this is definetely an improved team over last year. Are they vastly improved? Probably not- I struggle to think of a season in the mike price era where UTEP has finished strong...I sincerely hope that does not repeat itself this year, because it tends to absolutely kill morale before the bowl game...and a bowl win is hopefully what we are driving to this season-keep it up Miners...KEEP IT GOING-Losing a couple of games isn't a tragedy, unless u don't learn from it- LETS FINISH STRONG THIS SEASON!
Hard To Be Optimistic

El Paso, TX

#32 Oct 10, 2010
5-1 will likley turn into 7-1,then 8-2 or 9-1; who cares who they play. Texas always plays creampuff teams on their schedule and beats them by 30 or 40 points and their fans love it. The key is getting wins no matter how u can get them. Thats what the Bowl Committees look at. UTEP's romping over weaker teams is what a good team should be doing and gives UTEP the mind set to continue to try to win big vs. much weaker teams. UTEP is clearly a top 50 team at this point and only getting better. This mentality has to carry through on the C-USA road games. And I think it will. GO MINERS!!!! Peace peeps!!
AJM

United States

#33 Oct 10, 2010
Tomas wrote:
There will always be idiots like you that will hate UTEP no matter how well they do. If you hate UTEP so much, why don't you go to another site, you moron.
lou romano

United States

#34 Oct 10, 2010
Way to go utep, i predict a national ranking...not! Utep still blows, peace out
miner fan overseas

Montgomery, AL

#35 Oct 10, 2010
alot of people with no pride in what our miners are doing on the field..yeah they could play other teams that are better; yeah you could of moved out of el paso and had your dreams come true but guess what..neither happened so roll with what you got. The miners are doing what they do with their schedule and 5-1 says they are doing good!
if you claim to support STFU with negative stuff and support.
Tomas

Elko, NV

#36 Oct 10, 2010
AJM wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be idiots like you that will hate UTEP no matter how well they do. If you hate UTEP so much, why don't you go to another site, you moron.
Just the usual and expected response from a whiner...name-calling when you have no argument. Kinda reminds me of a six-year-old responding with "Oh yeah." I think utep will always suck, but when it's this easy to get your goat, it only makes it easy to stay and dangle another carrot in front of you...knowing that you can't walk away. This is more fun than an idiot/moron should be allowed to have, hahahahahahah. UTEP SUCKS!!!!!!
RHS

El Paso, TX

#37 Oct 10, 2010
Was that a flare gun coming from juarez towards the end of the game?
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#38 Oct 10, 2010
Tomas wrote:
<quoted text>
UTEP SUCKS!!!!!!
We all know what a Tomas is and does; but what is a UTEP?
clubber

United States

#39 Oct 10, 2010
sun city fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your MOM was sleazy and easy. Ask her.Cuz Im yo Daddy!!
Tomas

Elko, NV

#40 Oct 10, 2010
U Take Everything Personal...which is why utep fans are whiners. UTEP SUCKS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Vittatoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTEP vs. Buffalo: Quarter-by-quarter (Aug '08) Oct '11 nick 89
UTEP Miners 2011 Preview: Too Much Inexperience... (Jul '11) Jul '11 fiatcar82 1
Four UTEP Miners off to NFL training camps (Jul '11) Jul '11 fiatcar82 1
Green Bay Packers draft NMSU's Davon House, UTE... (May '11) May '11 postaldude 24
UTEP Miners' Trevor Vittatoe draft hopes rise f... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Stinky Pete 3
UTEP football: Miners hope for chance to play i... (Apr '11) Apr '11 David 1
UTEP football: Miners have big questions at qua... (Jan '11) Jan '11 jim79924 38

Trevor Vittatoe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE