College Football Predictions: Five Surprise Teams to Watch This Season

Jul 24, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Every season in college football provides its share of surprise teams; teams that exceed expectations and pull off upsets on their way to a successful season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Notre Dame will be good, really good. Unless we are bad, really bad.
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

BigDan wrote:
Notre Dame will be good, really good. Unless we are bad, really bad.
I think you are going to have a good season. Manti and the boys will bring it on for you.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are going to have a good season. Manti and the boys will bring it on for you.
for the first time in a few years I am not worried about the D. It's the offense that I am worried about, and that is a first in quite a few years. We have a first time starter, I wouldn't be as worried if we were running a pro-style offense but we aren't and we don't have experience and Kelly's Offense is rough on QB's. They get injured often and Crist is coming off a knee injury. If he can stay healthy I feel confident in the talent that we have that we can be really good.
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
for the first time in a few years I am not worried about the D. It's the offense that I am worried about, and that is a first in quite a few years. We have a first time starter, I wouldn't be as worried if we were running a pro-style offense but we aren't and we don't have experience and Kelly's Offense is rough on QB's. They get injured often and Crist is coming off a knee injury. If he can stay healthy I feel confident in the talent that we have that we can be really good.
BigDan injury prevention is what these boys should be training all summer. We had our boys training over at Home Depot Center here in Carson. They train for 4 hours a day, and it is intense. But parents are spending money to send their kids to AP all over the country. I know hard to learn a new system. When I was in Louisville in June they have a SEC style playbook now. So they also will have to learn an entire new offense. But I think Notre Dame is going to have a good season this year as Defense will be able to hold back scoring. IMHO.
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
BigDan the other thing is you have to RESPECT the history and the tradition of Notre Dame football! I love it they are going to play Miami. YES!!!

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
BigDan the other thing is you have to RESPECT the history and the tradition of Notre Dame football! I love it they are going to play Miami. YES!!!
Yeah, I agree....and, Miami is gonna kick some Notre Dame assse too! LOL :\

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
BigDan injury prevention is what these boys should be training all summer. We had our boys training over at Home Depot Center here in Carson. They train for 4 hours a day, and it is intense. But parents are spending money to send their kids to AP all over the country. I know hard to learn a new system. When I was in Louisville in June they have a SEC style playbook now. So they also will have to learn an entire new offense. But I think Notre Dame is going to have a good season this year as Defense will be able to hold back scoring. IMHO.
you can't train against the type of injury that Crist has, the problem is that once you mess the knee up, you never fully recover. Thank god he isn't a running back. His recovery will be more mental than physical.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

deathvalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I agree....and, Miami is gonna kick some Notre Dame assse too! LOL :\
Why would you say "yes i agree" were you led to believe that anyone on earth cared? if you were, they don't.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say "yes i agree" were you led to believe that anyone on earth cared? if you were, they don't.
I was talking to a real person, not you! LOL I was talking to someone that actually knew football, not you......because you wouldn't know a football if it hit you smack dab in the face!!!! So yes, Wolfie cares! She is a nice young lady that knows tons more about football than you ever thought of knowing.:\
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't train against the type of injury that Crist has, the problem is that once you mess the knee up, you never fully recover. Thank god he isn't a running back. His recovery will be more mental than physical.
I know. But there are ways to protect yourself from the CHEAP SHOTS that happen on the field. See Crist will have lots of folks trying to take a cheap shot at him. Our kid learned alot about that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Just like this cheap shot!:\

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

And, that cheap block was done by no other than auburn!!!!!!!!!!

auburn SUCKS REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!! YO hehehehe
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

deathvalley wrote:
Yah but players want to win. And sometimes too much adrenalin.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

deathvalley wrote:
that was awful

BOO AUBURN the cheating bastards!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>that was awful
BOO AUBURN the cheating bastards!
Yeah.......BOO AUBURN!!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL! YO!
GEAUX LSU! YO!
YEA JESUS!!!!!! YO!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
But, they shouldn't take CHEAP SHOTS like that! That could've ended his playing career even before he was gonna make mega bucks in the NFL!!!!!! Too much adrenalin is NO EXCUSE for a cheap shot!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanting to win is NO EXCUSE for a cheap shot either!!!!!!!

CHEAP SHOTS ARE UNFOUNDED!!!!!!!!!!

I played in high school and I never took a CHEAP SHOT no matter how much I WANTED TO WIN, nor how much ADRENALIN I HAD!!!!!! And, we won 24 out of 25 games during my junior and senior years of high school, losing only my final game of my senior year. I wanted to win that 25th game. But, that was still NO REASON to give a CHEAP SHOT to win it!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR CHEAP SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Playing sports, and in this case, football, is supposed to teach a young athlete to have sportsmanship and develop leadership; and NOT to develop GAMESMANSHIP (TO WIN AT ALL COSTS as they did in the old Soviet Union :\)!!!!!!
Just Me Wolfie

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

deathvalley wrote:
<quoted text>
But, they shouldn't take CHEAP SHOTS like that! That could've ended his playing career even before he was gonna make mega bucks in the NFL!!!!!! Too much adrenalin is NO EXCUSE for a cheap shot!!!!!
Yah sometimes they can not help themselves. The other thing, it is their job to WIN the game!!!! But they claim through psychology it is the adrenalin.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah sometimes they can not help themselves. The other thing, it is their job to WIN the game!!!! But they claim through psychology it is the adrenalin.
An EXCUSE IS AN EXCUSE, Wolfie!!! There are NO EXCUSES FOR CHEAP SHOTS, whether YOU HEAR they can not help themselves. You've never been there! I have; and, with a coach that believed in discipline and fairplay. The discipline is displining you to control yourself during the game and to play with technique that the coach taught us. Even during the most intense times, I never resorted to CHEAP SHOTS no matter how much ADRENALIN that I may have had. Our team, though, it was only high school (largest classification in the state at the time AAAA) finish 14-0 and ranked #5 in the nation; and, my senior year, we had a 10-0 record going into the playoffs and ranked #1 in the state. But, we lost our final game; and, I was never tempted with all this ADRENALIN I had to EVER TAKE A CHEAP SHOT!!! I never did take a cheap shot! I might've had some penalties against me for illegal motion once or twice, but ABSOLUTELY NO CHEAP SHOTS even though our 24 game winning streak was on the line; and, I am one of the BIGGEST COMPETITORS that doesn't know how to quit as you can see from me being on Topix. That's why Clown approved of me! I took a lot of garbage for over 1 1/2 years; and, I don't know how to quit! I can control myself and be nice to the ladies like yours and my pact we agreed on. But, I never quit! Quitting is not in my vocabulary!:) Nonetheless, CHEAP SHOTS in any sport are uncalled for; and should NEVER BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES no matter how much ADRENALIN any participant ever has in ANY SPORT!!! If they to engage in CHEAP SHOTS, they have not been taught self-control and proper technique to control your own bodies (whether it's emotional or physical). I feel very sorry for any athlete that didn't have the honor and the privilege to have a coach teach them not to ever take a CHEAP SHOT no matter what!!!! That is up to whether the athlete was blessed in having someone along the line teach them not to take a cheap shot that could ruin anyone else's playing career as it could've done to Dorsy's for LSU!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

We lost the first game of the playoffs, not

WE LOST OUR FINAL GAME

But, our final game was the first game in the playoffs. So, it was correct. I just didn't word it correctly.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••