Suspensions create opportunities | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

As Ohio State jumped into its practice yesterday, there was still a rotation at the receiver positions.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mjb

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Failed to mention that one of the players that missed the Beef Bowl was Pryor.
Chaz

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Lawry's Is a classy joint, and they have great and expensive food". But it sure seems a shame for some of the players to miss that experience on that night, simply because they don't have dress pants?!
Southern Buckeye

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Since when is there a dress or any code in Californicate land??? You can stop at most any quick store and get a pair of dress pnnts!!
Bsharp

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Yep. The dress pants thing seems like a flimsy excuse. Why not go get some at Wal Mart for $16?(hm on second thought they might not have many football player sizes. Still..)
where s the beef

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

The one's who brought no dress pants must be vegetarians. I just hope they have brought their A game with them.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Hilliard Buckeye

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Are you serious? We have an anal-retentive coach like Tressel who micromanages the team and he didn't make sure the players knew to pack dress pants for the trip? I find that hard to believe.

Since: Oct 09

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

With Small and Carter being suspended, I think the only
thing the Bucks will be missing is the blocking ability
of Carter because he's bigger than Small, Washington, and
Thomas.
On the positive side of things, Oregon probably won't see
nearly as much of Washington and Thomas on game film
so they'll be a bit of an unknown quantity to the Ducks.
Thomas is just a few pounds lighter than Carter but a
little bit faster so that will be a good thing.
As far as kick and punt returns go, Thomas and Saine will
be able to take care of things.
Overall, if the Bucks can play the way they did in November,
very few mistakes and turnovers, I think they'll come out
on top. Oregon hasn't seen too many ball control offenses
this year because that's not what they see in the PAC 10
on a weekly basis.
bobby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

What's wrong with jeans? These guys are preparing to play a football game, not go to the academy awards and mingle with the stars in cali.
halm

Montrose, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Just win (the rose bowl) baby ---in the words of Al Davis.
CONCERNED PARENT-CITIZEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Hilliard Buckeye wrote:
Are you serious? We have an anal-retentive coach like Tressel who micromanages the team and he didn't make sure the players knew to pack dress pants for the trip? I find that hard to believe.
These guys are young "adults" and shouldn't have to have someone check their luggage as if they were twelve years old. I'm sure they were advised what clothing to bring, including dress pants. I'm sure they have more than one pair of dress pants in their wardrobe in Columbus, especially "self absorbed" Prior!
3 Cheers for Tressel

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

It's called accountability and If You dont listen to the rules the Coaches put in front of you, you will be held responsible for your actions or lack there off....I would hope my son could play for a Coach like Tressel who actually gets it.........Quit whining and making excuses for a few that choose not to listen and Get ready to Eat some Duck !! Go Buckeyes !!
kathy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Geez, next year they will have a scholarship allotted to afford some "needy" football player yet another freebie: proper dress pants to wear to yet another perk for throwing, hitting or running with a ball! What stellar intellects, these players. Ever hear the phrase "dress appropriately"? And yes, Southern Buckeye, they certainly do dress properly in SoCal, more so than the Buckeyes do. As a Buckeye gal with a Trojan daughter, I can more than vouch for that.

Since: Dec 09

Westerville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

bobby wrote:
What's wrong with jeans? These guys are preparing to play a football game, not go to the academy awards and mingle with the stars in cali.
Have you seen how Pryor styles on campus? He looks like a gangster. It's hard to believe that dress apparrel wasn't a requirement for this trip. These guys do represent tOSU and appearance speaks volumes. Just another example of how Pryor thinks he's above the team. What a bum.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10824-terr...
Tim Newark Delaware

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

If "no pants" equals "no penalties" and "no turnovers" I am all for it!!!Just win the "Game" GO BUCKS!!!!!
big D

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

who cares if they forgot their dress pants...

as long as they remembered their football pants
seamus

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

They just missed out on a great Rose Bowl memory and experience.Lawry's is a unique resturant with wonderful atmosphere, personable long time servers and unbelievable food. Many years down the road the players who passed on this evening will be questioning their own intellect.
Bobby

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Bucknut wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen how Pryor styles on campus? He looks like a gangster. It's hard to believe that dress apparrel wasn't a requirement for this trip. These guys do represent tOSU and appearance speaks volumes. Just another example of how Pryor thinks he's above the team. What a bum.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10824-terr...
Maybe he didn't want to get fat and be out of shape for the game. Go Buckeyes beat the rubber duckies.::laughing like ernie::
Hank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

I'm glad I'm not 19 or 20 again .... The World is just too pushy . Yep .. Just win the 2010 Rose Bowl and the 2010 Football season will be very , very bright and exciting with lots of opportunities ... Go Bucks !
ace

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Doesn't anyone in the bloated OSU entourage know there is a dress code in most restaurants? Poorly prepared. Hope it doesn't show up in game. Now time for Washington and Lamaar Thomas to show why they were given scholarships.

Since: Dec 09

Westerville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

Why in the world would Pryor get in front of the national media and reveal that he has a knee injury, no matter how trivial? Is he already bracing for failure? What a PR nightmare. Keep him away from the microphone!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dane Sanzenbacher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aurora assuming underdog role against powerful ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 R michael smith 1
Sanzenbacher catches passes, attention (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 11
47 Ohio State Players On Active NFL Rosters | W... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Matt from Columbus 16
Preseason countdown: No. 21 Ohio State (Aug '11) Aug '11 Edgar The Shopkeeper 1
Ex-Ohio State Players Sign NFL Free Agent Contr... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Matt from Columbus 12
QB Devlin to Miami (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pick 3
Former Buckeyes WR Dane Sanzenbacher Gets the "... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Truebuckeyefan 3

Search the Dane Sanzenbacher Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••