Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#57443 Aug 18, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sammy don't mess with the HULK!, You don't want to make him angry You wouldn't like him when he is angry....lol
Hahah yea I knoiw. Only thing I don't like about the Hulk is the Bad hair day hair doo.Its gotta go.
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#57444 Aug 18, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Actors are all about the Benjamins too, they want to get pay as much as possible, Bruce willis, Samuel L Jackson, De Niro and other big names will take as many movie jobs as they can and I don't think they care who they work with either.
Yes but hes saying they are selective as to what movie they will do, some of these big time actors get a lot of projects thrown at them and they get to read the scripts and choose what they want to do, of course the money is always what its about, but some of these actors worry about how people view them so they can land future serious roles that pay big bucks.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57445 Aug 18, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yes but hes saying they are selective as to what movie they will do, some of these big time actors get a lot of projects thrown at them and they get to read the scripts and choose what they want to do, of course the money is always what its about, but some of these actors worry about how people view them so they can land future serious roles that pay big bucks.
I believe that used to be the case back in the 90's 80's and earlier not any more, now they just sign up, I mean they will give priority to blockbuster projects, but in between they will pull Samuel L Jackson and sign up for any movie he is ask to be a part of.
I felt that back then if You had big name and did low budget project You career was in jeopardy, plus they did charge 20 mil per movie, is a new trend with big name actors and is sign up for any project I don't think they read the scripts any more...lol
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#57446 Aug 18, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that used to be the case back in the 90's 80's and earlier not any more, now they just sign up, I mean they will give priority to blockbuster projects, but in between they will pull Samuel L Jackson and sign up for any movie he is ask to be a part of.
I felt that back then if You had big name and did low budget project You career was in jeopardy, plus they did charge 20 mil per movie, is a new trend with big name actors and is sign up for any project I don't think they read the scripts any more...lol
Thats not what I hear, but whatever your entitled to your opinion.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57447 Aug 18, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Thats not what I hear, but whatever your entitled to your opinion.
OH YEAH! EXPLAIN ME MACHETE! PLS EXPLAIN THAT ONE FOR ME!.....LOL

Other examples are Setup, Cop Out, Alpha Dog, Being Flynn, Freelancers, The Son of No One, Gigli and the list goes on!!!...lol
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#57448 Aug 18, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
OH YEAH! EXPLAIN ME MACHETE! PLS EXPLAIN THAT ONE FOR ME!.....LOL
Other examples are Setup, Cop Out, Alpha Dog, Being Flynn, Freelancers, The Son of No One, Gigli and the list goes on!!!...lol
Some actors wont mind doing goof ball movies especially if they have a sense of humor, and just cause a movie is a flop doesn't mean that the actor thought it would be a flop, they probably thought it be good, I have heard this many times, when your in the lime light, its hard to know what sucks and what doesn't suck, your inside looking out, we are outside looking in waiting to be entertained, you wont know what the movie looks like until you see it...Of course do some actors have better judgement as to what role they should take absolutely, the up and coming actors are the ones who have to take any role they can get, but a guy like morgan freeman can pick and choose as I am sure he gets plenty of offers.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57449 Aug 18, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Some actors wont mind doing goof ball movies especially if they have a sense of humor, and just cause a movie is a flop doesn't mean that the actor thought it would be a flop, they probably thought it be good, I have heard this many times, when your in the lime light, its hard to know what sucks and what doesn't suck, your inside looking out, we are outside looking in waiting to be entertained, you wont know what the movie looks like until you see it...Of course do some actors have better judgement as to what role they should take absolutely, the up and coming actors are the ones who have to take any role they can get, but a guy like morgan freeman can pick and choose as I am sure he gets plenty of offers.
I don't see how any one could had read the script of Machete and said Oh yeah that sound great!!....lol

But that's my case they a lot offers and they want to take as many as possible cause of royalties.
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#57450 Aug 19, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how any one could had read the script of Machete and said Oh yeah that sound great!!....lol
But that's my case they a lot offers and they want to take as many as possible cause of royalties.
Well not all actors are the same, some retire early, some will do as you say do as many movies as they can, and some prefer quality over quantity.
JD_z

Saint Louis, MO

#57451 Aug 19, 2012
Join Sports-lite.com and discuss these kind of news on there now with multiple cool members!

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57452 Aug 19, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well not all actors are the same, some retire early, some will do as you say do as many movies as they can, and some prefer quality over quantity.
I personally think, and this is my opinion from observation, that rules how actors with recognizable names do movies has change, they do more team up now then never before.

Back in the day, You would see main actors on their own films, now there are more collaborations,for example in the 80's and early to mid 90's a film like ocean's 11 would had never happen with some many known actors the salaries would had kill the movie before it even started.
JD_z

Saint Louis, MO

#57453 Aug 19, 2012
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#57454 Aug 20, 2012
Wall got far too much swagga for this youngsta.

&fe ature=player_embedded#!
Dwhite12

Winter Park, FL

#57455 Aug 20, 2012
Dwhite12

Winter Park, FL

#57456 Aug 20, 2012
The Lakers met with Dr. Robert Watkins on Friday, the surgeon who operated on Dwight Howard's back.The procedure Howard had is called a "lumbar microdiscectomy," or a surgical removal of herniated disc fragments in the lower back. "We feel very assured he's going to be back," GM Mitch Kupchak said. "We're hopeful he's back for camp; we're hopeful he's back to start the season." The standard recovery time for Howard's procedure is six to seven months (he had surgery April 20), but Howard said that he'd be cleared for full contact "in four months," and that mark would be on August 20. By his own self-admission, Howard has not been cleared by doctors to resume on-court work, and while his status for opening night remains doubtful, his recovery timeframe clearly falls within the norm for this type of surgery. Aug 13 - 12:22 PM - rotoworld
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#57457 Aug 20, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
You bleed melting ice cream cake?
Showtime

Los Angeles, CA

#57458 Aug 20, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Wow doc, didn't think I would have to say this to you, but you better get that checked !
Dwhite12

Winter Park, FL

#57459 Aug 20, 2012
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> You bleed melting ice cream cake?
lol...someone posted that and i thought i'd share it
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#57460 Aug 20, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...someone posted that and i thought i'd share it
lol nice
NBA Insider

Brisbane, Australia

#57461 Aug 21, 2012
BREAKING NEWS !!!

Sources confirm that a deal that would send Dwight Howard to the Lakers is all but finalized.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#57462 Aug 21, 2012
NBA Insider wrote:
BREAKING NEWS !!!

Sources confirm that a deal that would send Dwight Howard to the Lakers is all but finalized.
And those sources are.....fake lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kayne West booed at Billboard Music Awards 2015... 1 hr tom wingo 5
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... 1 hr tom wingo 4
News Taylor Swift wins 8 at Billboard Awards; Kanye ... Thu stewart scott 2
News Los Angeles Clippers have Chris Paul; who's next? (Jul '13) May 17 tom wingo 6
News Wizards show promise May 16 tom wingo 2
News Nick Young likely to miss rest of season for La... May 15 tom wingo 21
Cavs! May 11 Cavsalltheway 1
More from around the web