|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but all these days off worries me, I get the feeling there gonna come out flat, I was disappointed as you were, im glad we won but the effort wasnt all the way there on defense, but certainly better than what they would have done last year, I think phil is messing around with the substitutions way too much especially in this game, ok I dont have a problem with the starting 5 although I think bynum is the best center they have but other than that thats ok, but why does he go back to the old lineup later in putting walton in instead of odom, I thought that hurt the lakers, luke cannot guard bigger guys I dont know why cant he see that, and the lakers were having problems rebounding turiaf would have been a huge boost in the end, I hope phil stops getting cute and stops experimenting because that hurts the lakers, and the lakers need to stop these careless passes, you cant defend a turnover which is why the wolves stayed close.
man i almost ripped my hair out cos of those turnovers!! that was keeping them in it! we shuda won this game by 20 or so! i dont mind the days off, cos that means they shud stay relatively fresh for the back to back, if it was like one day off and then go to san antonio, i wud be more concerned, plus i believe it allows them to gel more with the new lineups with odom in starters and walton on the bench. walton will be good in the second unit but i think he needs to get to know his personel a bit more, maybe thats why there was sooo many turnovers. yeh why did turiaf like hardly play in the second half?? i didnt get that at all, for a little while i assumed maybe he got injured and i missed it, i was very concerned! but yeh, i dunno phil is using an awful amount of lineups, i thought he wud stop now, but i dunno, to be honest i never question him, but ill wait and see if he doesnt settle soon, then ill have to ask what is he doing?
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
man i almost ripped my hair out cos of those turnovers!! that was keeping them in it! we shuda won this game by 20 or so! i dont mind the days off, cos that means they shud stay relatively fresh for the back to back, if it was like one day off and then go to san antonio, i wud be more concerned, plus i believe it allows them to gel more with the new lineups with odom in starters and walton on the bench. walton will be good in the second unit but i think he needs to get to know his personel a bit more, maybe thats why there was sooo many turnovers. yeh why did turiaf like hardly play in the second half?? i didnt get that at all, for a little while i assumed maybe he got injured and i missed it, i was very concerned! but yeh, i dunno phil is using an awful amount of lineups, i thought he wud stop now, but i dunno, to be honest i never question him, but ill wait and see if he doesnt settle soon, then ill have to ask what is he doing?
Well about the days off I dont know about that, history tells me that they come out rusty and very sloppy, especially last year, I remember for the championship game against the 6ers they had taken care of business and waited for philly to take care of theirs and the lakers lost game one, they just were so flat, so im always worried when they have extended days off, 3 days is a bit too long, they play on tuesday right? so I think its just too long, they have yet to play a back to back. I think its ok to question phil if you see theres something hes doing that isnt working, I mean when the lakers have been bounced out of the playoffs in ronund 1 for the past 2 seasons your allowed to question certain things even if its phil jackson, I just think that luke for turiaf at the end almost cost them the game, they couldnt buy a rebound when it counted I hate to see a team get 4 attempts in one trip, thats what you get with a matchup coach.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I heard that even if laker fans decide not to go, buss still makes a boat load of money, I forgot exactly why but he is in one of those rare positions that other owners are not in, so in other words hes not as pressured to put together a great team as some other owners would be, I now dont think kobe will be dealt not this year, and I will tell you why, deng and gordon did not sign extensions they are free agents, why would the lakers want to deal kobe for two guys that might walk away, I would be shocked if kobe was dealt this season, rich bucher can say what he wants but he should know better than to hang on every word kobe says, its not up to him or kobe if hes dealt.
Wait, so You are saying that these 2 guys could come to L.A. as free agents next year?
If we keep Brown this season and let him walk
L.A should have 8 Million dollars available to use
on free agent next year.
IKomar Brodom 24-7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

rrenault wrote:
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I heard that even if laker fans decide not to go, buss still makes a boat load of money, I forgot exactly why but he is in one of those rare positions that other owners are not in, so in other words hes not as pressured to put together a great team as some other owners would be, I now dont think kobe will be dealt not this year, and I will tell you why, deng and gordon did not sign extensions they are free agents, why would the lakers want to deal kobe for two guys that might walk away, I would be shocked if kobe was dealt this season, rich bucher can say what he wants but he should know better than to hang on every word kobe says, its not up to him or kobe if hes dealt.
Wait, so You are saying that these 2 guys could come to L.A. as free agents next year?
on free agent next year.
you mean an extra 8 million right? Because getting Deng and/or Gorden through free agenct is gonna cost alot more than 8 million..
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

rrenault wrote:
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
on free agent next year.
well I dont think so, because I think even with brown leaving the lakers are probably still over the cap, or maybe they will have something but just not enough, at least thats what I heard, I dont know the exact pay roll, that would be kool lol, who knows who else will be a free agent so the lakers can sign someone else, the sad part is if brown walks we officially get nothing for butler.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Hey guys I know this is not a nba or laker subject but to keep it somewhat a basketball subject I do love playing nba video games, and have not yet purchased a next generation console, any suggestions, I have read and read about 360 and ps3 and damn dont know who to believe, some say 360 has the better graphics because of its potential which has not yet been reached since its new, and others say its 360s all the way, one thing I dont like is that death ring thing so what do you guys think, I need to play nba 2k8 SOON!!

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

IKomar Brodom 24-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean an extra 8 million right? Because getting Deng and/or Gorden through free agenct is gonna cost alot more than 8 million..
I meant there is going to be money to go after one of them, I was not really thinking both of them.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

IKomar Brodom 24-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well about the days off I dont know about that, history tells me that they come out rusty and very sloppy, especially last year, I remember for the championship game against the 6ers they had taken care of business and waited for philly to take care of theirs and the lakers lost game one, they just were so flat, so im always worried when they have extended days off, 3 days is a bit too long, they play on tuesday right? so I think its just too long, they have yet to play a back to back. I think its ok to question phil if you see theres something hes doing that isnt working, I mean when the lakers have been bounced out of the playoffs in ronund 1 for the past 2 seasons your allowed to question certain things even if its phil jackson, I just think that luke for turiaf at the end almost cost them the game, they couldnt buy a rebound when it counted I hate to see a team get 4 attempts in one trip, thats what you get with a matchup coach.
yeh i remember that finals series, they game out real flat in that game, it was a shock too, cos we were just dominating those playoffs! i never have an issue with the days off, lately i dont think its made a difference to their performance.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Showtime wrote:
Hey guys I know this is not a nba or laker subject but to keep it somewhat a basketball subject I do love playing nba video games, and have not yet purchased a next generation console, any suggestions, I have read and read about 360 and ps3 and damn dont know who to believe, some say 360 has the better graphics because of its potential which has not yet been reached since its new, and others say its 360s all the way, one thing I dont like is that death ring thing so what do you guys think, I need to play nba 2k8 SOON!!
i have an xbox 360 mate! yeh i want to get nba 2k8 soon too! but ive been reading ppl say that nba line 08 is actually better this year?? i find it hard to believe though, i may borrow it or somfin, but yeh 2k all tha way!
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Showtime wrote:
Damn I mean the ps3 has the untapped potential, but the 360 is good now.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
i have an xbox 360 mate! yeh i want to get nba 2k8 soon too! but ive been reading ppl say that nba line 08 is actually better this year?? i find it hard to believe though, i may borrow it or somfin, but yeh 2k all tha way!
Yeah, did you buy the 360 when it first came out? or its some later models? and how long have you had it, its still ok no death ring? lol

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
well I dont think so, because I think even with brown leaving the lakers are probably still over the cap, or maybe they will have something but just not enough, at least thats what I heard, I dont know the exact pay roll, that would be kool lol, who knows who else will be a free agent so the lakers can sign someone else, the sad part is if brown walks we officially get nothing for butler.

Well, that is a matter of Opinion, cause I personally think that even if Brown stays with
the Lakers, L.A. got nothing for Butler. ha ha LOL
I guess You get an idea, of how I feel about Brown.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm You know what, there is always a chance for a sign and trade deals, if the Lakers really want to go after one of them when they become free agents.
That is a way to get around the cap issue.
The Magic almost tried this past off season.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm You know what, there is always a chance for a sign and trade deals, if the Lakers really want to go after one of them when they become free agents.
That is a way to get around the cap issue.
The Magic almost tried this past off season.
Yes but you forget whos making the deals, fat chance that they do anything, much less get something that might help the team.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is a matter of Opinion, cause I personally think that even if Brown stays with
the Lakers, L.A. got nothing for Butler. ha ha LOL
I guess You get an idea, of how I feel about Brown.
well yeah thats what we got for butler alot of brown stuff lol.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, did you buy the 360 when it first came out? or its some later models? and how long have you had it, its still ok no death ring? lol
ive had it for a bit more than a year. yeh i got it when it first came, cos i really wanted one, the last console i had was a nitendo 64! lol...its golden, but i needed an upgrade!

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
well yeah thats what we got for butler alot of brown stuff lol.
LOL good one.
Well L.A. has until mid feb, to do something with that brown stuff they got there, I said if it brown flush it down.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you forget whos making the deals, fat chance that they do anything, much less get something that might help the team.
Well,Yeah I know he is not the best at it, but
let's not forget that Mr.Buss was more than willing to do a sign and trade for Garnet that would put him well over the luxary tax. if wasn't
for that ex-Celtics connection KG would a Laker, right now.
What I am saying is that, I feel Mitch will
get green ligth from Mr.Buss in doing a similar deal, to get one of these guy or some one else.
Showtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ive had it for a bit more than a year. yeh i got it when it first came, cos i really wanted one, the last console i had was a nitendo 64! lol...its golden, but i needed an upgrade!
Good im glad its working for you, I gotta tell you I so wanted a 360 but lately after doing research and asking different people im really leaning towards ps3, I know the video games arent there yet, but based on its potential, features, and not really having to worry about it breaking down like I have read numerous reports about the 360 breaking down, at least here in the usa its been a ongoing problem, my brothers friend is on his 3rd xbox 360, I can only afford one system I dont want to risk it, but glad everything worked out for you, I just hope you have a warranty just in case.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••