Los Angeles Lakers

Jun 28, 2012 Full story: NBA.com 44

Areas of Strength: Kobe and big-men bookends. While it has been proven for two years in a row that Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol do not form the powerful duo many opponents have long claimed provide a huge advantage, the Lakers do have uncommonly talented running mates at center and power forward.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sam

Brampton, Canada

#41 Jul 5, 2012
Ginobili wrote:
This is the NBA, it is about team not ego. I think Nash is a team player and will fit well with the Lakers. Some of the ball handling duties will be taken up by Kobe so Nash would not be as burnt out.
Also this would give him more energy to play some "D". He is a good around player, he rebounds above average for a pg, shoots for a high average and wonderful with fts. He is going to make L.A. a contender. Also with him Kobe will not have to play pg and sg every game like he is doing now. Great move by Mitch Kupchak. I am happy for the Lakers, they have a real leader now.
Hey Ginobili, did Nash school you when you were in the nba? He must of been a rookie when you were close to retirement.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#43 Jul 6, 2012
He was and is clever and quick and sees the court well. He is the truth and the real deal, sure Hall of Famer. My hats off to you Laker fans, Mitch with his signing of Nash just made you guys one level better. Actually the Lakers did have one great pg in Gary Payton but Kobe with his immaturity back then ran him off the team. Now Kobe understands what a point guard means to the team. Ramon Sessions will eventually with proper tutelage and experience be a good pg but not with Mike Brown. My Spurs will give you guys a run for the money, you got to remember Nash and Kobe are getting older. We will wear out Kobe and Nash and then see what you guys got left.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#44 Jul 6, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Ginobili, did Nash school you when you were in the nba? He must of been a rookie when you were close to retirement.
That only happened to Ginobili in the video game world.
Ginobili wrote:
Actually the Lakers did have one great pg in Gary Payton but Kobe with his immaturity back then ran him off the team. Now Kobe understands what a point guard means to the team.
He WAS great once at Seattle but when he got to LA "the glove" was worn out and done for. He couldn't hit a shot to save his life in LA and it wasn't just Kobe that was causing all the friction it was a guy named Shaq who did just as much or more.
Ginobili wrote:
Ramon Sessions will eventually with proper tutelage and experience be a good pg but not with Mike Brown.
LOL! Sessions is already good. He's in the NBA(where being good gets you in the door)and he'll be a decent fit on a small market team with little to no ambition where he stands out only because the level of skill around him is lower. Trust, if you're very good to great, it matters NOT who your coach is. Skills will come out for all to see regardless of who's coaching and Mike Brown is a very good coach. He's a better coach than Sessions is a PG that's for sure.
Ginobili wrote:
My Spurs will give you guys a run for the money, you got to remember Nash and Kobe are getting older. We will wear out Kobe and Nash and then see what you guys got left.
LOL you're calling Nash at 38 and Kobe at 33 OLD while Duncan is 36 and the REAL Ginobili is 34? You'd just better hope SA can keep that deep bench they have because without all of them, the Spurs are in deep.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#45 Jul 6, 2012
Spurs still have the edge over the Lakers. Nash can not guard either Parker nor Ginobili. No one on the Lakers can handled Duncan, Spurs role players are great. We just need someone to guard that Kevin Durant and we r going back to the NBA finals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lakers fans (Nov '07) 8 min rrenault 72,724
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents 11 hr Big mike 17
Blake Griffin slams his a weird racist unclea D... Oct 17 Bobs Your Uncle 2
Trey Burke Apologizes to the Jazz Because Photo... Oct 13 budct 1
Please Help Oct 8 HectorYLand 1
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Oct 2 Sam 23
Clippers' Sterling apologizes, says 'not a racist' Sep 30 Streetrunner 5

NBA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE