Los Angeles Lakers

Jun 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBA.com

Areas of Strength: Kobe and big-men bookends. While it has been proven for two years in a row that Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol do not form the powerful duo many opponents have long claimed provide a huge advantage, the Lakers do have uncommonly talented running mates at center and power forward.

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Jul 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Roger White

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 28, 2012
 
Trade Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard and keep Pau Gasol. Howard would like to play with Gasol. Sign Free Agent Deron Williams and have Kobe Bryant renegotiate his contract to help pay for this. Williams and Howard want to play with each other.
The Lakers will be competitive and wearing Rings for years to come.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Roger White wrote:
Trade Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard and keep Pau Gasol. Howard would like to play with Gasol. Sign Free Agent Deron Williams and have Kobe Bryant renegotiate his contract to help pay for this. Williams and Howard want to play with each other.
The Lakers will be competitive and wearing Rings for years to come.
Where are you getting all your info from because all sources say Dwight Howard wants to go to Brooklyn and start fresh and if Deron Williams is to go anywhere it will be only to the Mavs as he's from there.

Howard doesn't want to go where they'll be mile high expectations and follow Shaq again and he cares not to play with Gasol. The Lakers don't need Howard what we need is a proven, playoff tested PG and a couple reliable snipers to knock down 3's.

The league is going away from the dominant big men and we saw what OKC did this year and what the Mavs did last year with a smaller, quicker team with no dominant big man. The Lakers look lethargic when versing a quick team and they usually get beat especially in a 7 game series.

Keep Bynum and offload Gasol due to age only for a good back court. It just can't be Kobe only.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Roger White wrote:
Trade Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard and keep Pau Gasol. Howard would like to play with Gasol. Sign Free Agent Deron Williams and have Kobe Bryant renegotiate his contract to help pay for this. Williams and Howard want to play with each other.
The Lakers will be competitive and wearing Rings for years to come.
There is no way that would work financially. LA is over the cap as it is. Derron Williams would be looking for a max contract as would Howard. Kobe would have to take at least a 10 million dollar pay cut, trade Bynum's large contract for howards. Then they would have to find another team with enough cap space to trade gasol for a player with a low cap number. Then the lakers would still need to fill other holes. They could also try to move Metta's 7 million cap. For all of this to happen (or somthing similar) is very unlikely.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>Where are you getting all your info from because all sources say Dwight Howard wants to go to Brooklyn and start fresh and if Deron Williams is to go anywhere it will be only to the Mavs as he's from there.

Howard doesn't want to go where they'll be mile high expectations and follow Shaq again and he cares not to play with Gasol. The Lakers don't need Howard what we need is a proven, playoff tested PG and a couple reliable snipers to knock down 3's.

The league is going away from the dominant big men and we saw what OKC did this year and what the Mavs did last year with a smaller, quicker team with no dominant big man. The Lakers look lethargic when versing a quick team and they usually get beat especially in a 7 game series.

Keep Bynum and offload Gasol due to age only for a good back court. It just can't be Kobe only.
You basically have the right idea. They need a good starting point guard.(gorgan dragic? Raymond Felton?) a back up 2 guard(mikel pietrus? Shannon brown?). A better sf while unloading MWP's bad contract. A back up sf. And a back up big man that can play both 4 or 5 while pau or Bynum rest. I strongly think they should keep gasol and Bynum unless they get an offer they can't refuse. They just need to change the offense to one the allows pau to play near the basket instead of at the 3 point line playing pick and roll, which he can't do.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Having Pau and Drew on offense together is decent but over the course of the game especially versing a smaller faster team like an OKC, SA or even Denver they get ran off the court because they can't keep up. They become a liability more than an asset.

If they're to keep them both, they need to back each other up. Pau needs to come off the bench for Drew and yes the Lakers need depth like no other.

They actually overachieved this year considering no real off season, a new coach and no bench to speak of but the twin towers will only carry them so far simultaneously until they run into one of the aforementioned.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

btw, massive fan of the Punisher.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

L.A.'s main problem is Kobe, he slows down the game with his big ego and 1 on 5 playground stuff.
He has never been a team player. Get rid of Kobe, the Lakers will never win another title with Kobe hogging the ball, He is no team player like the Heat's big three who are willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
shane

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 29, 2012
 
kobe is the reason the lakers made it were they was last year in the playoffs get rid of soft bum ass pau gasol hes trash

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ginobili wrote:
L.A.'s main problem is Kobe, he slows down the game with his big ego and 1 on 5 playground stuff.
He has never been a team player. Get rid of Kobe, the Lakers will never win another title with Kobe hogging the ball, He is no team player like the Heat's big three who are willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
People said that before and Kobe shot a whole lot less for a few games and they were horrible. All you do is dog Kobe on every post. If it wasn't for Kobe LA would not have 5 of their championships.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 29, 2012
 
shane wrote:
kobe is the reason the lakers made it were they was last year in the playoffs get rid of soft bum ass pau gasol hes trash
17 points 9 rebounds a game is not trash. Maybe if the coach implemented a better offense then Gasol would be in the post instead of playing pick and roll on the perimeter. If Orlando played Dwight Howard like LA plays pau, Dwight would have even worse numbers than pau
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 30, 2012
 
Averaging nearly double double is not bad, Pau still have it. Get rid of Kobe and get Chris Paul, the Lakers will win more titles.
Horn Head

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Nobody can RAPE A YOUNG WOMAN the way kobe & those Lakers can.

All Lakers fans should be deeply ashamed!!! Spineless worms.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ginobili wrote:
Averaging nearly double double is not bad, Pau still have it. Get rid of Kobe and get Chris Paul, the Lakers will win more titles.
Hey man, I think you need to quit playing the Lakers on NBA Live or 2k or just unplug altogether because it seems as if Kobe is smacking you down and owning you and you're taking it personal because of it.

Get out, get a life and stop living the video game and Topix forum lie! You live in San Fran, it's gorgeous there! Have a blast! Unless you've told people face to face you played ball in the NBA etc...Yea, I can see why you're on here now. Sorry man. Get some meds.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

L.A. will go nowhere again next year, big reason Kobe , he is a cancer to the team. His PER last year for the season was a little over 21 and in the playoffs he was a hog again and got knock out in round 2.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ginobili wrote:
L.A. will go nowhere again next year, big reason Kobe , he is a cancer to the team. His PER last year for the season was a little over 21 and in the playoffs he was a hog again and got knock out in round 2.
LA very well could have led the series 3-1 if it wasn't for a Steve Blake missed 3 in game 2, and a crazy 3 by Kevin Durant. LA was not dominated by the thunder in the series. So to say LA can't win with Kobe is absurd.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 1, 2012
 
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>LA very well could have led the series 3-1 if it wasn't for a Steve Blake missed 3 in game 2, and a crazy 3 by Kevin Durant. LA was not dominated by the thunder in the series. So to say LA can't win with Kobe is absurd.

*crazy 3 by durant in game 4
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Steve Blake played great in the playoffs, look at the stats. Pau and Bynum need to get started with Kobe playing 1 on 5 , they hardly got to touch the ball. With what the Lakers had last year they should have beaten the young Thunder.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
LA very well could have led the series 3-1 if it wasn't for a Steve Blake missed 3 in game 2, and a crazy 3 by Kevin Durant. LA was not dominated by the thunder in the series. So to say LA can't win with Kobe is absurd.
You're spot on. I'm a Laker fan 1st and foremost but I live in Oklahoma and have a soft spot for the Thunder already and that series could most definitely have been 3-1 to LA if Kobe actually had teammates that could step up at key moments and take pressure and coverage off him and if Drew and Pau could consistently play D like 7 footers we might be talking about ring 6 for Kobe right now.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 1, 2012
 
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're spot on. I'm a Laker fan 1st and foremost but I live in Oklahoma and have a soft spot for the Thunder already and that series could most definitely have been 3-1 to LA if Kobe actually had teammates that could step up at key moments and take pressure and coverage off him and if Drew and Pau could consistently play D like 7 footers we might be talking about ring 6 for Kobe right now.
Naw its time to patch the torch to other teams. The sonics had a chance but they won already so OkC being new team to potentialy win doesn't count. Feeling my drift so far? The nba is a corrupted league suited for big market cities. Only Dallas and Miami have been the odd teams out of the equation dating back to the 80's to win at least 2 championships.Let's review shall we, 80's Boston,Lakers,1 by Philli, 90's. 2 Pistons, Bulls, Houston, millenium, Lakers,Spurs,Miami Dallas. So 9 teams in the past thirty plus years have won and some multiples. Come on its time for a new regime. Yea maybe Kobe should have had a ring but its time for a change. Otherwise make it a 10 team league. I mean after all that's what we witnessed in 30 yrs
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 1, 2012
 
Pass the torch sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NBA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NBA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lamar Odom: 5 Teams That Should Take a Gamble o... (Apr '12) 33 min xdd 76
Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in wh... 34 min xdd 19
Clippers' Sterling apologizes, says 'not a racist' 48 min xdd 2
lakers fans (Nov '07) 3 hr rrenault 71,536
The Starting Lineup Revealed Mon naqib 2
Cavaliers suspend C Andrew Bynum indefinitely (Dec '13) Mon xdd 2
Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Mon sdd 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••