Will Dale Earnhardt Incorporated DEI Survive Going Forward

Oct 20, 2008 | Posted by: lilbit88 | Full story: www.associatedcontent.com

Find >> Sports >> Will Dale Earnhardt Incorporated he envisioned a company that his kids and grandkids would drive for.

Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#1 Oct 20, 2008
It is really a sad state of affairs that DEI is going have to merge in order to survive. A lot of people thought it was wrong for Junior to want controlling interest in the company his dad built. I wonder if they feel the same way now? I bet Teresa wishes she would have took the 60 mil and gave junior the reigns of the company now.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#2 Oct 20, 2008
I bet she's still hoping to pull it out. Rumor had it that she was going to sell earlier in the year but want to keep the marketing rights. I don't know how true it was and will have to look for the article.
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#3 Oct 20, 2008
And without the marketing rights to Earnhardt SR, its just another race team with Real Estate.

“I am who I am”

#4 Oct 20, 2008
It was actually last year. Here's part of the article and the link.

Quote:
Dale Jr. had offered to buy DEI early in 2007, while negotiating a new contract. But he then declined to sign and moved to Hendrick Motorsports when Teresa Earnhardt declined to sell her share.

At one point in the past year John Menard, the Midwestern building-supply operator, seemed interested in taking over DEI, where son Paul has been racing the last few years. Under that scenario, Teresa Earnhardt would have kept the marketing rights surrounding her late husband and sold the team.

And at the moment, there is speculation that Teresa Earnhardt -- who virtually never grants interviews -- wants to keep the marketing rights.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/content/2008/oc...
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#5 Oct 20, 2008
I doubt it is worth what it was when Junior was there and they had the big money sponsors. In fact I am sure it's not. Her ego got in the way of a big payday and she could have also kept the family together which does not seem too important to her. Like i said it is sad!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#7 Oct 20, 2008
BigEforever wrote:
It would only be poetic justice for Junior to acquire ii, Now, for "8" million!!!!
Yeah it would be a nice addition to what he has already built at Junior motor sports. He could do just like his dad did and drive for someone else while building his own little empire for the day he quits driving.

“I am who I am”

#8 Oct 20, 2008
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_nasca...

Jr says right now it wouldn't make financial sense to purchase DEI.

I'd bet if the price was right though he might be persuaded.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Oct 21, 2008
Truex and bass proshops will leave after 2009. that will be the nail in the dei coffin...
Junior Nation

United States

#10 Oct 21, 2008
menards wrote:
Truex and bass proshops will leave after 2009. that will be the nail in the dei coffin...
Unfortunately... I think you're right. I'm thinking that if Smoke's new endeaver does well he will probably expand to 3 teams next year and I wouldn't doubt that Bass Proshop & Truex ends up there.

It's sad.. I really hate to see DEI falter.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#11 Oct 21, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately... I think you're right. I'm thinking that if Smoke's new endeaver does well he will probably expand to 3 teams next year and I wouldn't doubt that Bass Proshop & Truex ends up there.
It's sad.. I really hate to see DEI falter.
I think DEI will exist but it will not be ran by anyone named Earnhardt and that is the sad fact of the matter. Teresa has no one to blame but herself. All the experts predicted this would happen and even casual fans like us saw it coming. Her ego got in the way of good business sense. Junior and Kelly could have them thriving right now with big money sponsors and good equipment and people that don't think so should just look at how much money he brings in to HMS. That money would go a long way at DEI to make them successful. As they say in the movies "No bucks no Buck Rogers"!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#12 Oct 21, 2008
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>I think DEI will exist but it will not be ran by anyone named Earnhardt and that is the sad fact of the matter. Teresa has no one to blame but herself. All the experts predicted this would happen and even casual fans like us saw it coming. Her ego got in the way of good business sense. Junior and Kelly could have them thriving right now with big money sponsors and good equipment and people that don't think so should just look at how much money he brings in to HMS. That money would go a long way at DEI to make them successful. As they say in the movies "No bucks no Buck Rogers"!
\
You must be reading my mind, luv. Can't Dale get the company now from Teresa, seriously? I remember distinctly Dale being asked by someone what his father would say if he knew Junior was leaving because of all that went on and Dale said he would be mad. I bet he would be!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#13 Oct 21, 2008
The moment Dale Jr. announced he was definitely leaving DEI is the moment Teresa should have put the place on the market. What did she have left? Two back marker drivers, one part time has-been and a part time rookie. None of which will ever be a superstar regardless of who they go on to drive for. Paul Menard wouldn't be starter at a local quarter miler on Sat. night without his father's money. Truex is half decent at times but that's about it. Sound the death bells and call the undertaker before DEI smells up the neighborhood.
Holy Moly

Alexandria, VA

#14 Oct 21, 2008
I think you are right. It is a sad state of affairs in Nascar to think that DEI will either fold or not have a decent driver in the future.
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>I think DEI will exist but it will not be ran by anyone named Earnhardt and that is the sad fact of the matter. Teresa has no one to blame but herself. All the experts predicted this would happen and even casual fans like us saw it coming. Her ego got in the way of good business sense. Junior and Kelly could have them thriving right now with big money sponsors and good equipment and people that don't think so should just look at how much money he brings in to HMS. That money would go a long way at DEI to make them successful. As they say in the movies "No bucks no Buck Rogers"!
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#15 Oct 21, 2008
BigEforever wrote:
It would only be poetic justice for Junior to acquire ii, Now, for "8" million!!!!
Now, wouldn't that be a hoot!
Avenger

Dayton, OH

#16 Oct 21, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
The moment Dale Jr. announced he was definitely leaving DEI is the moment Teresa should have put the place on the market. What did she have left? Two back marker drivers, one part time has-been and a part time rookie. None of which will ever be a superstar regardless of who they go on to drive for. Paul Menard wouldn't be starter at a local quarter miler on Sat. night without his father's money. Truex is half decent at times but that's about it. Sound the death bells and call the undertaker before DEI smells up the neighborhood.
I assume by "part time has-been" you are referring to the great Mark Martin? The guy whose average finish in his limited schedule is better than Jr.'s full-time schedule? The guy who has posted better results running limited races in the 8 car than Junior did all last year? Put your mouth in neutral and your brain in gear before posting drivel like this. You're insulting the greates driver in NASCAR to never win a championship. Show some respect!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#17 Oct 21, 2008
menards wrote:
Good point.
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#18 Oct 21, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Whoa, I don't know very much about Paul Menard, but I have heard this exact story from others, so it must be true. Did Teresa go with Paul's dad for a while?
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#19 Oct 21, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume by "part time has-been" you are referring to the great Mark Martin? The guy whose average finish in his limited schedule is better than Jr.'s full-time schedule? The guy who has posted better results running limited races in the 8 car than Junior did all last year? Put your mouth in neutral and your brain in gear before posting drivel like this. You're insulting the greates driver in NASCAR to never win a championship. Show some respect!
Do you think when Mark finally wins the Daytona 500, he will retire? Personally, I don't think he is so old, I mean, look at Schrader, hey, how about the one that roller skates all over the place, Morgan, that's it, Morgan Shephard. He is still at it. I think Mark will feel completely "full" when he wins the Daytona.
Avenger

Dayton, OH

#20 Oct 21, 2008
Screw Daytona. Mark Martin would love to, be he ain't that shallow. You notice when he announced he was moving to Hendrick he didn't say he was doing it to get a chance to win at Daytona. He wanted a last shot at a CHAMPIONSHIP. He hasn't finished in the top-3 at Daytona 6 times, but he has in points. Oh, no, Mark is out for a Cup. Who wants to be the greatest driver without a championship? Let that dubious distinction fall to someone else.
Junior Nation

United States

#21 Oct 21, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Mark Martin and I agree with you, he is one of the greatest... but why in the world are you jumping all over Jr when the person that posted the remark about MM is a 24 fan?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Park Returning To Irwindale For NASCAR Toyota A... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Netters 1
NASCAR: Petty charity riders escape the snowThe... (May '09) May '09 Lynda Garrett 1
Mix-up with memorabilia highlights rift between... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Dalesgirl 2
What is up? (Jan '06) Sep '06 Terri 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Steve Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••