Sprint Cup leader Kenseth to leave Roush at end of season

Jun 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Sports

NASCAR points leader Matt Kenseth is leaving Roush Fenway Racing at the end of the season, and Ricky Stenhouse Jr .

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 5, 2012
zach_

Dallas, TX

#1 Jun 26, 2012
This looks like a Jerry Jones/Dallas Cowboy move. Was Kenseth a pain in his ass???
Mary

Washington, DC

#2 Jun 26, 2012
Now this is something interesting...

Wonder why Roush decided to let Kenseth go? Did Roush think Kenseth isn't the "Roush pest" type like he eventually found about about Martin, Benson, Burton, & Wood? Hmm...

Maybe he actually cares about the Roush version of "Sir Crash-a-lot" more than we know. It'll backfire though. Once Stenhouse starts crashing like he usually does, he'll beg Kenseth to come... but will Kenseth return? Doubt it. Roush & Kenseth are the ones who got "Brainless France" to make the chase to begin with. Excluding Biffle's lame championship in Nationwide, & to many trucks too, & Edwards trying to kill Brad Keselowski a zillion times & getting away with it, that is a "Roush Freak-O-Zoid" as a Roush Freak-O-Zoid as you can get. Strange...
Justin

Mount Airy, NC

#3 Jun 26, 2012

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Each year at mating season, the Alpha male has to fight off the attempts to de-throne him and remain the leader. There always comes the year that the old leader doesn't have everything it takes to remain out front. Each owner gets the most bang for his buck from the young wanabe that's out to prove he can be the king of the hill. Nothing is different for Kenseth. The Cat in the Hat is looking down the road a couple of years. Jack's major mistake was spenting more than fifty cents to resign Cousin Carl. Kenseth has more potential left in him than Carl does.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Mary wrote:
Now this is something interesting...
Wonder why Roush decided to let Kenseth go? Did Roush think Kenseth isn't the "Roush pest" type like he eventually found about about Martin, Benson, Burton, & Wood? Hmm...
Maybe he actually cares about the Roush version of "Sir Crash-a-lot" more than we know. It'll backfire though. Once Stenhouse starts crashing like he usually does, he'll beg Kenseth to come... but will Kenseth return? Doubt it. Roush & Kenseth are the ones who got "Brainless France" to make the chase to begin with. Excluding Biffle's lame championship in Nationwide, & to many trucks too, & Edwards trying to kill Brad Keselowski a zillion times & getting away with it, that is a "Roush Freak-O-Zoid" as a Roush Freak-O-Zoid as you can get. Strange...
Very shocking move...Sponsorships have been the main issue with Roush all season hence the reason they had to drop to a 3 car team. I remember earlier this year Jack Roush said that Matt Kenseth has a ride with Roush-fenway as long as he likes and now this is quite a surprise. My honest opinion is that Money played a big role with this move especially since the sponsorships have been an issue. It's just one of those things that as a fan I'll have to get used to just like when Jr Nation had to adapt to his move to hendrick...like I said earlier very shocking move
barr

Temperance, MI

#6 Jun 27, 2012
I hardly think Kenseth was a pain in the a--. Matt has always been a good person and a good driver. He just doesn't seem to be one that attracts sponsors.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#7 Jun 27, 2012
its all about sponsors....they are leaving the "sport" in droves because it has become painfully boring and the ratings are in the tank.
Truex56fan

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 27, 2012
Well looks like Matt up and left all own his own.#Winning for Matt!!!
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#9 Jun 29, 2012
Matt leaving a Ford for a Toyota? Where's the improvement in that? LOL J-Roush must of not appreciated what he had done for him to let him go.
Look's like Kenseth will be another One and Done driver with Roush, again. I think it's time for another solo flight, there, Jack. LOL

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#10 Jun 29, 2012
Nobody knows for sure where he's gonna land...I was hoping Penske myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with Joe Gibbs since they went after Carl Edwards last year. I am greatful that Jack Roush is at least allowing Kenseth to take the #17 with him, however I'll have a hard time sticking with him as my driver if he's not in a Ford next year.

However, I won't hate him like I do Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, & Tony Stewart
Duh 1

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 29, 2012
I do so hate Edwards & Johnson. JJ may have won pole, but sure hope his engine blows or someone takes him out!!!!!!!!!!
Ford Man

Midlothian, TX

#12 Jun 30, 2012
Joe Gibbs signed and extension on Hamlin plus plans to Keep Lagano for past 2012, so there ain't no telling where he'll end up...Childress is talking about adding a 4th team. Penske is going Ford next year and AJ Allmindinger is only on a 1 year deal, plus Stewart-Haas is looking to add a 3rd car and has too much invested in Danica, their ain't no telling...My guess would've been Penske but Jamie Allison (Ford Racing Boss) released a statement making it sound unlikely he'd be in a Blue Oval next year...PLEASE DON'T PUT ON A BOWTIE MATT.
duhduh2

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 5, 2012
nope Logano will go to NW team full time. he will not drive cup for JGR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug 26 Manic 2 39
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Aug 23 flatt 7
Bristol NASCAR fans: Will you "Stand With Smoke... Aug 23 Amigoty 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Aug 17 Whoyakidding 6
Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... Aug 15 Cale 11 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NASCAR Nextel Cup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••