Tony Stewart battling inconsistency, and Dover may be another rough patch

Jun 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

DOVER, Del.-The numbers say that Tony Stewart has had an inconsistent last eight races in the Sprint Cup Series.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2012

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

So what needs to be sone about the inconsistancies....
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

He's had worse starts to seasons and always seems to come on strong.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
So what needs to be sone about the inconsistancies....
I guess fire your crew chief when
you win a championship. lol

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

lol that was a bonehead move... but you know it lit a fire under darian and their work improved after he was told he was gone at the end of the season(maybe that conversation included a come to hjesus meeting with Tony on how he really felt about things- aired the dirty laundry so to speak).... maybe once he knew he would not be back he stopped worrying about what the boss thought and just focused on the car set up his way.

bottom line maybe that conversation had to happen to invoke the change that turned their season around and got them their championship.Just widsh tony had handled it better ...darain did not get to enjoy the championship like he should have ...it looked awkward and uncomfortable. I think Tony should have been a bigger man and handled that better. Honestly have more respect for Darian than I do for Tony.
Trollersaurus

Harrisburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

i sure hope Tony will be in the race today. I've sure missed him the past couple of weeks.
Trollersaurus

Harrisburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

fer sure.

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

YOUR FINISHES HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE BOARD THE LAST SIX WEEKS, DO YOU FEEL THAT IT HAS BEEN AS INCONSISTENT AS THE NUMBERS LOOK?

No, we have been pretty inconsistent. We have had some really good runs and we have had some races that we are still scratching our heads about. We are working through different packages and trying to find the balance that I like. Steve (Addington, crew chief) and I are still just getting to a lot of these tracks for the first time. Its that growing pain of getting somewhere with a new guy.- Tony Stewart
Manic depressive

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

YOUR FINISHES HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE BOARD THE LAST SIX WEEKS, DO YOU FEEL THAT IT HAS BEEN AS INCONSISTENT AS THE NUMBERS LOOK?

No, we have been pretty inconsistent. We have had some really good runs and we have had some races that we are still scratching our heads about. We are working through different packages and trying to find the balance that I like. Steve (Addington, crew chief) and I are still just getting to a lot of these tracks for the first time. Its that growing pain of getting somewhere with a new guy.- Tony Stewart
I really think people expect to much considering its Steve A & Smokes first yr together. Plus they have made major changes to the car since Smokes last win.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

He has never been good in the first half of the season. I don't start to worry until the last third.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••