Checkered flag eludes Earnhardt

Jun 18, 2011 Full story: Toledo Blade 82

Dale Earnhardt, Jr., had his last Sprint Cup win come at Michigan International Speedway in June, 2008.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 19, 2011
Dale Jr. should win the flag today and be in Victory lane!
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#2 Jun 19, 2011
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Dale Jr. should win the flag today and be in Victory lane!
After making two rookie mistakes in the pits and hitting the wall twice, you think he deserves to be in victory lane?

In the post race interview Jr says he tries to avoid hitting people so he couldn't understand Mark Martin coming up on him during the race. I guess he completely forgot about how he, himself, drove a car into the wall on pit road earlier in the race, to prevent him from getting out ahead of him. At least the incident with Martin on the track was an honest racing incident at full speed, not an intentional hit at pit road speed where any decent driver would be expected to have more control over their car.
95 Thunderbird

New Dundee, Canada

#3 Jun 19, 2011
Good Job Hick Boy!!!
Daddy would have been proud!!!

tighten your belts and slip on your hans device...
your guaranteed to lose the next race too....
why??? because you suck!!!
joooonyer blows

AOL

#4 Jun 19, 2011
he sounds like a little bitch when he is mad
08malibu

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Jun 19, 2011
He needs to learn how to talk, most of his post race interviews are really bad. They don't make a lot of sense.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#6 Jun 19, 2011
Oh, look at the little haters with their panties in a wad all lined whining like sick little pussycats. The little jealous asses can't get over the fact that even without a win, Jr. in still third in points which is probably ahead of whoever they so secretly admire. Get over it, Girlyboys, the fellow that cleans Jr.'s shithouse is more popular than you are. How are you left coast girlyboys and canadian puddin packers going to act when he has a good weekend and takes the points lead. HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!!!!!!!!
Sundayschool

Jersey City, NJ

#7 Jun 20, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
Oh, look at the little haters with their panties in a wad all lined whining like sick little pussycats. The little jealous asses can't get over the fact that even without a win, Jr. in still third in points which is probably ahead of whoever they so secretly admire. Get over it, Girlyboys, the fellow that cleans Jr.'s shithouse is more popular than you are. How are you left coast girlyboys and canadian puddin packers going to act when he has a good weekend and takes the points lead. HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!!!!!!!!
Job 31:29, Matthew 7:5

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#8 Jun 20, 2011
The checkered flag eluded 41 other drivers too.
joooonyer blows

AOL

#9 Jun 20, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
lol, jr is one more dumb mistake away from being 10th or 11th in points, and will all know its gunna happen, just how.. dump of the clutch, breaking the trans, or engine? maybe he will miss his pit stall or speed in clutch moment, or just flat out hit the wall, no matter what it is we all know its gunna happen
Wang

United States

#10 Jun 20, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
Jeff Goldon a reft coast gilryboy.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Jun 20, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
Jr. in still third in points which is probably ahead of whoever they so secretly admire. How are you left coast girlyboys and canadian puddin packers going to act when he has a good weekend and takes the points lead. HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!!!!!!!!
Jr is only 39 points out of 11th. One bad weekends and hes not even in the chase. Sonoma and Watkinds Glen are coming up- Jr is historically bad at road courses, same with Indy. Also have crapshoot races like daytona, bristol.

That being said, if he can continue the run to richmond, He has as good a shot at winning the championship as anyone else, having either run very well (top 5) or won at 9 or the 10 tracks in the chase. The exception is homestead, where he has not finished better than 19th on the high-banks.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#12 Jun 20, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
In god I trust, Jr. will screw up. The guy has serious A.D.D. he can't even focus for 200 miles let alone 500.
Jr Suxxxxx...
Jackson

South Gate, CA

#13 Jun 21, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Jr is only 39 points out of 11th. One bad weekends and hes not even in the chase. Sonoma and Watkinds Glen are coming up- Jr is historically bad at road courses, same with Indy. Also have crapshoot races like daytona, bristol.
That being said, if he can continue the run to richmond, He has as good a shot at winning the championship as anyone else, having either run very well (top 5) or won at 9 or the 10 tracks in the chase. The exception is homestead, where he has not finished better than 19th on the high-banks.
Sir, some team needs you on pit row figuring gas milage for them. And, Carl had a bad week and didnt lose the points lead, this new points system is gonna make it hard for Jr to be dismissed. Top ten finishes like he has had will keep him in contention. you are a good stat man, you should use that in the sport, if you already arent. Is your first name Paul?? LOL

Location hidden

#14 Jun 21, 2011
The new points system will not "keep him in contention" In fact, it does the absolute opposite. Please, son. Spare me the two-bit insults. Maybe you can hit the books and actually learn something about this sport b4 you start spouting.... just sayin.
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, some team needs you on pit row figuring gas milage for them. And, Carl had a bad week and didnt lose the points lead, this new points system is gonna make it hard for Jr to be dismissed. Top ten finishes like he has had will keep him in contention. you are a good stat man, you should use that in the sport, if you already arent. Is your first name Paul?? LOL
Jackson

South Gate, CA

#15 Jun 21, 2011
menards wrote:
The new points system will not "keep him in contention" In fact, it does the absolute opposite. Please, son. Spare me the two-bit insults. Maybe you can hit the books and actually learn something about this sport b4 you start spouting.... just sayin.
<quoted text>
How do you figure that?? Look at Carls bad luck with something turning lose in his engine and he didnt even lose the points lead. Jr had a bad day Sunday and stayed in third in points. Seems like to me that it would take some DNfs to knock him out of contention. And, I aint your boy and I wasnt insulting you. It was gratifying to me to see a fan with real stats to back the opinion they posted. Sorry if you took it wrong, take a chill pill Paul, you ran good Sunday, why all the hostility???Give Richard my best and tell him Hoot said hello, he will know who your talking about.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#16 Jun 21, 2011
"Checkered flag eludes Earnhardt"...

The title should read "Talent eludes ol Lazy Boy, but mechandise sales to idiots stay strong"

Location hidden

#17 Jun 22, 2011
Carl had a 40 point lead on 2nd place (103 on 10th) after Kansas and left pocono with a six point lead on 2nd (75 point lead on tenth). Thats a pretty significant reduction. Your point is moot, however, because Carl can plummet all the way to 20th and still make the chase (as he has a win, and currently noone in spots 11-20 do, so he would make it by default) The points lead means nothing at this point, and its safe to say that #99,#29,#18,#48,#17,#11,#24 are all locked in to the chase, based on the assumption that they all have wins and if bad luck finds any one of them outside of the top ten the will get in via wild card.

Jr only has a 50 point lead on 10th, with no wins to fall back on, 7 chase spots are already locked up(in my opinion), and only 5 are up for grabs.
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure that?? Look at Carls bad luck with something turning lose in his engine and he didnt even lose the points lead. Jr had a bad day Sunday and stayed in third in points. Seems like to me that it would take some DNfs to knock him out of contention. And, I aint your boy and I wasnt insulting you. It was gratifying to me to see a fan with real stats to back the opinion they posted. Sorry if you took it wrong, take a chill pill Paul, you ran good Sunday, why all the hostility???Give Richard my best and tell him Hoot said hello, he will know who your talking about.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 26, 2011
And here's your 41st place finish. Interested to see how the points will shake out today.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 26, 2011
Nice drop in the points today. Only 23 points out of 10th.
Trollersaurus

Concord, NC

#20 Jun 26, 2011
menards wrote:
Nice drop in the points today. Only 23 points out of 10th.
Thanks to dumbasses Tony Stewart and Brian Vickers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burney Lamar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hornaday, Skinner take streaks to N.H. (Sep '09) Feb '12 LindaxxLove 2
Dale Earnhardt Jr. to make first appearance in ... (May '11) Aug '11 Jeremy Grey 101
Edwards Regains Sprint Cup Standings Lead (Jul '11) Aug '11 Brother Matt 5
Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
Kyle Busch shouldna t get grief for dominating ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 20
TD Bank 250: Busch banks win (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 2
Pocky's Paddock: Kevin Harvick warned by NASCAR... (Jul '11) Jul '11 say what 8
More from around the web