Calls for change abound day after Wheldon's death

Oct 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Press

LAS VEGAS -- Pleas to stop the madness of IndyCar's pack racing came from all corners of the sport on the day following Dan Wheldon's death at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Anonymous

Glendale Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I know what people are saying about pack racing but how are you going to stop it especialy towards end of race when drivers trying to get in lead and win

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

The weight to horsepower ratio for the current Indy cars is out of kilter for competition on oval tracks. Objects moving at 225mph want to fly more than they do rolling along the ground and centrifugal force causes a more violent crash at these speeds when traction is lost. Redesign of the car to eliminate wheel to wheel contact would go a long way towards improving the safety of these cars. Bottom line though, is regardless of speed, car design or safety equipment, occassionally someone is going to be injured or killes in sports of this type.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••