NASCAR officials lecture drivers on restarts

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: The Daily Record 21

Hoping to avoid a repeat of the controversial finish to the Nationwide Series race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NASCAR official David Hoots delivered a stern lecture during the drivers' meeting before Sunday's Brickyard 400.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
barr

Temperance, MI

#1 Jul 29, 2012
Just write the rule so it makes sense. Make sure the cars are lined up and wave the green flag. Anybody jumping around black flag them. Have a zone before S/F line where the starter will give them the green when he sees they are ready. Who cares who gets to the S/F first.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

#2 Jul 30, 2012
barr wrote:
Just write the rule so it makes sense. Make sure the cars are lined up and wave the green flag. Anybody jumping around black flag them. Have a zone before S/F line where the starter will give them the green when he sees they are ready. Who cares who gets to the S/F first.
Rules in WWE NASCAR are just made up as required by the boneheads ruinning the sport.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#3 Jul 30, 2012
WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rules in WWE NASCAR are just made up as required by the boneheads ruinning the sport.
Those boneheads have already ruined the sport Crash. The grand stand at Indy was embarrasing...nobody there.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#4 Jul 30, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Those boneheads have already ruined the sport Crash. The grand stand at Indy was embarrasing...nobody there.
All the HILLBILLIES ran out of money,
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#5 Jul 30, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>All the HILLBILLIES ran out of money,
Cleveland aint far from Indy, hillbilly.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#6 Jul 31, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Cleveland aint far from Indy, hillbilly.
Either is that stinking blue and gold state up there, go BUCKS ..........
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#7 Jul 31, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Either is that stinking blue and gold state up there, go BUCKS ..........
I'm a hillbilly from down south in this stinking state working I do not live here. But I will tell you that Indiana is considered a much better place to be than Michigan or Ohio by good southern people.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jul 31, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a hillbilly from down south in this stinking state working I do not live here. But I will tell you that Indiana is considered a much better place to be than Michigan or Ohio by good southern people.
GREAT, How is it you can't find work ina RTW state
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#9 Jul 31, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a hillbilly from down south in this stinking state working I do not live here. But I will tell you that Indiana is considered a much better place to be than Michigan or Ohio by good southern people.
Unfortunately Michigan is a mess, and if Ohio keeps electing liberals it will find itself in the same sorry situation before long.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#10 Jul 31, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT, How is it you can't find work ina RTW state
I am a professional not with or against any union...don't really care.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#11 Jul 31, 2012
barr wrote:
Line them up yes,but after the green drops,it's every car for themselves no matter where they are in the pack. It's not fair to be forced to wait behind a car that doesn't come up to speed fast enough and causes you to get rear ended or the front pack runs away from you. Enough of the sissified starts!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#12 Jul 31, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Those boneheads have already ruined the sport Crash. The grand stand at Indy was embarrasing...nobody there.
Nascar needs to set up the nearly empty end grandstands as "the cheap seat area". Drop the prices low so people can afford the seats and make it up on overpriced beer and concessions. The TV camera crews really tried to not show the vast emptiness but it was obvious. If you're going to be bored,may as well be bored at home on the couch and keep all the money in your pocket. Let's see whats on for intellegent programming: Swamp People, Repo shows, WWF ,Monster trucks, Kardashians, South Beach and Nascar. Turn off the TV and pick up a book.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#13 Jul 31, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Nascar needs to set up the nearly empty end grandstands as "the cheap seat area". Drop the prices low so people can afford the seats and make it up on overpriced beer and concessions. The TV camera crews really tried to not show the vast emptiness but it was obvious. If you're going to be bored,may as well be bored at home on the couch and keep all the money in your pocket. Let's see whats on for intellegent programming: Swamp People, Repo shows, WWF ,Monster trucks, Kardashians, South Beach and Nascar. Turn off the TV and pick up a book.
Good post ThomasA.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

#14 Jul 31, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Nascar needs to set up the nearly empty end grandstands as "the cheap seat area". Drop the prices low so people can afford the seats and make it up on overpriced beer and concessions. The TV camera crews really tried to not show the vast emptiness but it was obvious. If you're going to be bored,may as well be bored at home on the couch and keep all the money in your pocket. Let's see whats on for intellegent programming: Swamp People, Repo shows, WWF ,Monster trucks, Kardashians, South Beach and Nascar. Turn off the TV and pick up a book.
Race fans might want to go out to the local small tracks on Friday and Saturday and enjoy a inexpensive night of racing, instead of wasting a Sunday after and a same fortune lining the greedy France family's pockets. The local tracks should also consider cutting ties with NASCAR.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Jul 31, 2012
WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Race fans might want to go out to the local small tracks on Friday and Saturday and enjoy a inexpensive night of racing, instead of wasting a Sunday after and a same fortune lining the greedy France family's pockets. The local tracks should also consider cutting ties with NASCAR.
The local tracks give a good "in your face"show. It's good to see the low budget teams race side to side with the big buck guys. Sometimes the good ole boys come up with a winner with" seat of your pants engineering". Nascar has ruined the sport for the little guys so it's time to support the small independent tracks and put out of focus Nascar out to pasture.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

#16 Aug 8, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> The local tracks give a good "in your face"show. It's good to see the low budget teams race side to side with the big buck guys. Sometimes the good ole boys come up with a winner with" seat of your pants engineering". Nascar has ruined the sport for the little guys so it's time to support the small independent tracks and put out of focus Nascar out to pasture.
Right on, Great Post!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#17 Aug 8, 2012
WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, Great Post!
$10.00 gate,dollar hotdogs,cheap beer, special no smoking /drinking family sections for those other people,crate motor racing,rock'em,sock'em,Saturda y nights. Racing fans should realize that big time NASCAR has stepped away from it's roots and is in it for the sponser money only! It's hard to find good short tracks but that's where the racing fans need to put their gate money and interests. No cookie cutter cars,shade tree mechanics competing with the pretty boys,and you don't have to have a million dollar budget to field a car. It's kool when you beat a high dollar car that you bought scuffs off of. Time trials at 6:00 races at 7:30, dispute settlement at 11:00 behind the back gate .Peace Ya'll!!!
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

#18 Aug 9, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>$10.00 gate,dollar hotdogs,cheap beer, special no smoking /drinking family sections for those other people,crate motor racing,rock'em,sock'em,Saturda y nights. Racing fans should realize that big time NASCAR has stepped away from it's roots and is in it for the sponser money only! It's hard to find good short tracks but that's where the racing fans need to put their gate money and interests. No cookie cutter cars,shade tree mechanics competing with the pretty boys,and you don't have to have a million dollar budget to field a car. It's kool when you beat a high dollar car that you bought scuffs off of. Time trials at 6:00 races at 7:30, dispute settlement at 11:00 behind the back gate .Peace Ya'll!!!
Right again. It's hard to find good tracks because basically NASCAR ran many out of business.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#19 Aug 9, 2012
WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right again. It's hard to find good tracks because basically NASCAR ran many out of business.
If Nascar didn't Bruton did that sorry azz mofo!
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#20 Aug 9, 2012
hatchet wrote:
Bringing us Indiana born and bread Tony Stewart. Need I say more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andy Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sporting Newsa 60 Most Beautiful People: No. 26... (Feb '09) 17 min Crystal from Surry 8
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Nov 16 DOug 90
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov 8 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov 5 Damion Wells 2
Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov 4 Harry Horton 1
NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... Nov 4 Harry Horton 1
Earnhardt captures NASCAR Sprint Cup victory at... Nov 1 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 9

Andy Belmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE