Johnson's Early Season Win Not What NASCAR Needs

Feb 28, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Frontstretch

The Frontstretch: Johnson's Early Season Win Not What NASCAR Needs by Jared Turner -- Monday February 22, 2010 One story lost in the shadow of Speedweeks in Daytona was the absence of Carter Simo Racing's No.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2010
carol wino

Steamboat Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

Jeff Gordon need not think that Jimmy Johnson is so
good because Jeff has him beat everywhere that counts. personality, looks. good looking wife and
child. Jeff is everything that Nascar needs to
keep the circut alive. He has the knowledge that
Jimmy will never have. Don`t hang you head Jeff.
You are my hero.
, p
taerick

Middleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

I totally agree, I am so sick of johnson winning I cant even watch anymore, but I suppose they could say the same about jeff back in the 90s, but I cant even stand the sight of jimmie anymore,,if not for a stupid call by his idiot crew chief jeff would have won the race...
2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

All you JJ48 haters are just bitter! Yall are just so jealous. He won at Fontana and Las Vegas cuz he races good at those tracks. JJ and that 48 Team has raised the bar and yalls drivers can't keep up. Get mad at your own drivers or admire what JJ and the Team 48 are doing!!!
Mad Dog

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

HOW can the 48 team win, win, win , and win. I'm not bitter and hope the best for them , BUT it's a little suspicious that someone can be that good year after year, win after win WITHOUT CHEATING!
If you look at the stats, it's gets old when they win that much. I'd like to see someone else win the Sprint cup this year, I'm SICK of seeing the 48 !
The Fat and the Furious

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

I'm guessing they can win, win win... The same way that Petty, Pearson, Yarborough, Waltrip, Earnhardt, Gordon, etc. did. They have a great team, a talented driver and great organization. It's not really rocket science. Some people just choose to pretend like Nascar hasn't been this way since it's inception.

Will you all still be sick of it when the next guy takes the reigns from Jimmie? Because there will be a next guy and than a guy after that and so on and so on. Maybe that next guy will be someone you root for and you'll pretend to not understand when everyone else if sick of him. Those of us who can accept that this is how Nascar goes will grin and bear it and wait our turn, just as those who were not fans of those I mentioned earlier did.
RAC

Argyle, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

carol wino wrote:
Jeff Gordon need not think that Jimmy Johnson is so
good because Jeff has him beat everywhere that counts. personality, looks. good looking wife and
child. Jeff is everything that Nascar needs to
keep the circut alive. He has the knowledge that
Jimmy will never have. Don`t hang you head Jeff.
You are my hero.
, p
Drink more wine - Comment less

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

The Fat and the Furious wrote:
I'm guessing they can win, win win... The same way that Petty, Pearson, Yarborough, Waltrip, Earnhardt, Gordon, etc. did. They have a great team, a talented driver and great organization. It's not really rocket science. Some people just choose to pretend like Nascar hasn't been this way since it's inception.
Will you all still be sick of it when the next guy takes the reigns from Jimmie? Because there will be a next guy and than a guy after that and so on and so on. Maybe that next guy will be someone you root for and you'll pretend to not understand when everyone else if sick of him. Those of us who can accept that this is how Nascar goes will grin and bear it and wait our turn, just as those who were not fans of those I mentioned earlier did.
What would we hear if JJ turned in a duplicate of Richard's 1967 season with 10 wins in a row? At the time, Richard had the same things going for him that JJ does now, the best organized team, the best resources and the best driver/crew chief communications and trust. F and F is absolutely correct, down the road it will be some other drive and team that clicks the same way and takes over from the 48 team.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Judged:

It used to be the Jeff Gordon Show (NASCAR) and now, it is the Jimmie Johnson Show. At least, Gordon had a few competitors! How BORING!!! L8R. DD.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
It used to be the Jeff Gordon Show (NASCAR) and now, it is the Jimmie Johnson Show. At least, Gordon had a few competitors! How BORING!!! L8R. DD.
A Mayfield was never one of his serious competitors though. L8R Whoya
2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Mayfield a serious competitor, please. He was a serious meth user, tho. He had to use something to win his 5 races. ;p
rlew50

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

maybe jimmy and chad should stay home, for that matter the whole hendrix team, except jr, and maybe some of the other competitive teams. would that make you whiners feel better? jimmy and chad have got it going on. and i,m a kyle busch fan. if you don't appreciate talent and teamwork maybe you should watch something else.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

This is my last visit to this forum, and I know you will not believe this, but Jeremy Mayfield is the ONLY driver EVER to beat Dale Earnhardt straight up in a race, and I believe he will win his case against NASTYCAR! How about some DRAG RACING? L8R. DD.
sick of you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Judged:

After 40 years of watching, i quit 2 years back. Thats when i finally woke up and realized its fixed. I did not watch 1 race last season, because i knew who the winner was before the season even began.I was right. I will not watch anymore at all. It feels great to have my sunday back. Im not missing anything anyway. JJ wins pole. JJ runs around in front all race. JJ wins another fixed championship.
If crapcar wasnt fixed and didnt use any sort of favoritism, there would be a new winner every week and the guys you see who are just filler - cars out of the top ten regularly, might actually enjoy a win. But no. The team who has the most money, and the same team who obviously pays off fixcar, always has their cars in the front. Fair and even racing? No. Predictable, Boring, rich guy entertainment. Nascar or the jimmy johnson racing show- "everybody follow jimmie- single file".
Nascar has lost true long time fans and GUESS WHAT FIXCAR? Were not coming back! You SUCK! im off to the real action is and the real racers are- world of outlaws sprint cars. See Ya!!
2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Judged:

sick of you wrote:
After 40 years of watching, i quit 2 years back. Thats when i finally woke up and realized its fixed. I did not watch 1 race last season, because i knew who the winner was before the season even began.I was right. I will not watch anymore at all. It feels great to have my sunday back. Im not missing anything anyway. JJ wins pole. JJ runs around in front all race. JJ wins another fixed championship.
If crapcar wasnt fixed and didnt use any sort of favoritism, there would be a new winner every week and the guys you see who are just filler - cars out of the top ten regularly, might actually enjoy a win. But no. The team who has the most money, and the same team who obviously pays off fixcar, always has their cars in the front. Fair and even racing? No. Predictable, Boring, rich guy entertainment. Nascar or the jimmy johnson racing show- "everybody follow jimmie- single file".
Nascar has lost true long time fans and GUESS WHAT FIXCAR? Were not coming back! You SUCK! im off to the real action is and the real racers are- world of outlaws sprint cars. See Ya!!
Thanx for sharing your own little sob story, bud. Hey, I almost shed a tear that was so emotional. After reading what you wrote and being a long time fan I came to a realization, too. The only thing FIXED is you, sir. YOU are FIXED on stupid!!! Nascar doesn't NEED stupid people like you. Don't hate...congratulate the 48!!! You are witnessing greatness at it's finest level.
cmorrow

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Judged:

2FST488 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx for sharing your own little sob story, bud. Hey, I almost shed a tear that was so emotional. After reading what you wrote and being a long time fan I came to a realization, too. The only thing FIXED is you, sir. YOU are FIXED on stupid!!! Nascar doesn't NEED stupid people like you. Don't hate...congratulate the 48!!! You are witnessing greatness at it's finest level.
As much as I hate to say it I'm with you, even after just watching the 48 yet again go to victory lane just moments ago. Knaus and Johnson make a great team, not to mention the whole hendrick organization. The thing that makes Johnson so good is that he can drive that car regardless of what it's doing, keep it on the lead lap, keep his head cool, and make the proper adjustments. Dethroning the 48 team will be a huge challenge this year, and thus far they're still coming on strong. I think it's great for the sport and for competition. It makes every other organization have to be that much better.
I am a huge fan of montoya and the 42 team, and at large the EGR organization. But I still give Johnson and the 48 team all the respect in the world, even though I hate seeing them win all the time. This season is shaping up to be a great one, the RCR boys are all out of the 2009 slump, and coming hot and heavy. The Gibbs boys all look solid so far, among others, I'm looking forward to an awesome season and an awesome chase.
2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

cmorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I hate to say it I'm with you, even after just watching the 48 yet again go to victory lane just moments ago. Knaus and Johnson make a great team, not to mention the whole hendrick organization. The thing that makes Johnson so good is that he can drive that car regardless of what it's doing, keep it on the lead lap, keep his head cool, and make the proper adjustments. Dethroning the 48 team will be a huge challenge this year, and thus far they're still coming on strong. I think it's great for the sport and for competition. It makes every other organization have to be that much better.
I am a huge fan of montoya and the 42 team, and at large the EGR organization. But I still give Johnson and the 48 team all the respect in the world, even though I hate seeing them win all the time. This season is shaping up to be a great one, the RCR boys are all out of the 2009 slump, and coming hot and heavy. The Gibbs boys all look solid so far, among others, I'm looking forward to an awesome season and an awesome chase.
Well put, cmorrow. I can respect that. Montoya is aight. He's doing his own thing. He had a real good year last year. By far the season isn't over. A lot of good racing left. But, if you get into the chase this year, any of the 12 drivers has a real good shot at winning a championship.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrew Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3
Voting Begins For Nmpa Nascar's Most Popular Dr... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Joe H 12
2012 Grand-Am: Alex Gurney To Throw Out First P... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Yeah Awe 1
Michael Waltrip joins NASCAR on FOX (Sep '11) Mar '12 Dillinger 36
Kasey Kahne feels heat for breastfeeding slam (Dec '11) Dec '11 smellslikekardashian 2
No Comments (Aug '11) Aug '11 CatRod53 8
Tony Stewart Named 2010 Humanitarian Of The Year (Dec '10) Dec '10 This Texan likes ... 10

Search the Andrew Myers Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••