Sabah's very own oil towns

Full story: Daily Express

Kota Kinabalu: Kimanis and Sipitang have been earmarked by the State Government to be developed into oil towns, similar to Miri and Bintulu in Sarawak and Kerteh in Terengganu.
Comments
21 - 29 of 29 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MaLoN iDioCY

Jakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 12, 2012
 
so sad
sabah masih dijajah semenanjing
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 30, 2012
 
KOJAK3 wrote:
yes sabah - why not u get out of Malaysia then Join Brunei - we can teach you to manage yr vast resources then we get rich together.
Sabah sampai bila kah kamu nak tunduk bawah telunjuk Semananjung??? Keluarga sabah yang paling hampir ialah Brunei ok please sedar lah bahawa kami Brunei tidak pernah lupakan sabah.
Lagipun orang2 sabah ada pelbagai kaum dan sngt cantik2 - kami di brunei gadis2 kami tak canti dah muak aku menegok mereka. aku suka pada sabah kerana adat mereka kuat.
Sabah and Sarawak can do it on their own. All revenues should stay in these two areas and should not be sent to peninsular Malaysia. A kind of modern day leach. Add more members of parliament from Sabah and Sarawak so that they have more voice in decision making that affects the people. It's unfair that they have less members compared to smaller states who have more but generates less revenue. Spend all taxes in Sabah and Sarawak for the betterment of the people. There should be more representation in the parliament.
nutcracker

Puchong, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 30, 2012
 
Filmalay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sabah and Sarawak can do it on their own. All revenues should stay in these two areas and should not be sent to peninsular Malaysia. A kind of modern day leach. Add more members of parliament from Sabah and Sarawak so that they have more voice in decision making that affects the people. It's unfair that they have less members compared to smaller states who have more but generates less revenue. Spend all taxes in Sabah and Sarawak for the betterment of the people. There should be more representation in the parliament.
1. Report by PSC on Electoral Reform passed in Parliament (Update 3/4/2012)

- Delineation of constituencies: A study conducted to see whether Dewan Rakyat seats can be equally divided among Peninsula Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. The report also suggested that the total number of seats in the Dewan Rakyat be balanced between seats in Peninsular Malaysia, with seats in Sabah and Sarawak.

2. 1963 - 70% living under poverty line. Reduced to 16.4% in 2007. Figures confirmed by World Bank (World Bank sent delegation to Sabah in September 2010).

"The State Economic Planning Unit (EPU) of the Chief Ministers Department has refuted the news report that Sabah is the poorest state in the country, saying poverty rate in the state was reduced from 24.2% in 2004 to 16.4% in 2007.

In a rebuttal issued yesterday, the State EPU said the World Bank had acknowledged in its Inclusive Growth report on 10 Nov that between 1976 and 2004, the State and Federal Government had made great strides in poverty reduction, so much so that the number of poor households in Sabah had been reduced from more than 50% in 1976 to 24.2% by the end of 2004.

“These are facts which are borne out by official statistics based on the Household Income Survey (HIS) which is carried out at periodic intervals by the Department of Statistics.

“The Sabah State EPU also wishes to state the fact that based on the Household Income Survey, the State Government under Datuk Seri Panglima Musa Haji Aman had successfully reduced the incidence of household poverty in Sabah from 24.2% in 2004 to 16.4% in 2007.

“If not for the ensuing financial crisis in 2008 and 2009 and the resultant increase in the prices of many essential items such as food and transportation due to the reduction in fuel subsidies, the Sabah EPU is confident that the incidence of household poverty would have been reduced much further.

According to the State EPU, the mean monthly gross income of Sabahans had at the same time increased from RM2,593 in 2004 to RM3,102 in 2009, a very respectable average growth of 5.3% annually for the period 2004-2009, which is better than many states in Malaysia.

Meanwhile, income distribution data from the HIS also indicated that for the same period the number of Sabahans enjoying income of between RM1,000 to RM1,999 had increased substantially by 2009."

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 1, 2012
 
bah apalagi mintak la 20 percent.
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 8, 2012
 
nutcracker wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Report by PSC on Electoral Reform passed in Parliament (Update 3/4/2012)
- Delineation of constituencies: A study conducted to see whether Dewan Rakyat seats can be equally divided among Peninsula Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. The report also suggested that the total number of seats in the Dewan Rakyat be balanced between seats in Peninsular Malaysia, with seats in Sabah and Sarawak.
2. 1963 - 70% living under poverty line. Reduced to 16.4% in 2007. Figures confirmed by World Bank (World Bank sent delegation to Sabah in September 2010).
"The State Economic Planning Unit (EPU) of the Chief Ministers Department has refuted the news report that Sabah is the poorest state in the country, saying poverty rate in the state was reduced from 24.2% in 2004 to 16.4% in 2007.
In a rebuttal issued yesterday, the State EPU said the World Bank had acknowledged in its Inclusive Growth report on 10 Nov that between 1976 and 2004, the State and Federal Government had made great strides in poverty reduction, so much so that the number of poor households in Sabah had been reduced from more than 50% in 1976 to 24.2% by the end of 2004.
“These are facts which are borne out by official statistics based on the Household Income Survey (HIS) which is carried out at periodic intervals by the Department of Statistics.
“The Sabah State EPU also wishes to state the fact that based on the Household Income Survey, the State Government under Datuk Seri Panglima Musa Haji Aman had successfully reduced the incidence of household poverty in Sabah from 24.2% in 2004 to 16.4% in 2007.
“If not for the ensuing financial crisis in 2008 and 2009 and the resultant increase in the prices of many essential items such as food and transportation due to the reduction in fuel subsidies, the Sabah EPU is confident that the incidence of household poverty would have been reduced much further.
According to the State EPU, the mean monthly gross income of Sabahans had at the same time increased from RM2,593 in 2004 to RM3,102 in 2009, a very respectable average growth of 5.3% annually for the period 2004-2009, which is better than many states in Malaysia.
Meanwhile, income distribution data from the HIS also indicated that for the same period the number of Sabahans enjoying income of between RM1,000 to RM1,999 had increased substantially by 2009."
The approximately $50 billion dollars revenue generated from Sabah, the state government should not have been talking about poverty or no jobs to Sabahans. There maybe 2.2 million Sabahans right now and with the 50 bln dollrs revenue generated more than half should have stayed in Sabah for the Sabah people and to be used within Sabah. They should have been given free education, medical, etc. for their advancement. What's happening right now is that Non-malay people like the chinese are the ones who seems like controlling the government siphoning off money to the Peninsular Malaysians. It's time for the Sabah people to wake up.
FUNNY PONZl

Jakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 10, 2012
 
Sold out by semenanjing
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 10, 2012
 
FUNNY PONZl wrote:
Sold out by semenanjing
Sold out by Peninsular Malaysian. Government of Sabah should revisit how revenue generated in Sabah could benefit the state and the people. Sabah people should think for Sabah first and not of the Peninsula. The Chinese must have been stirring up chaos to the Malay people of Sabah and Sarawak.
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 10, 2012
 
bawang wrote:
such development could bring economic prosperity to Sabah, as well as improve the standards of living by providing more job opportunities.
Development will only serve the oil company and peninsular malaysia and not Sabah or the people of Sabah. Revenues should stay in Sabah.
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 10, 2012
 
KOJAK3 wrote:
yes sabah - why not u get out of Malaysia then Join Brunei - we can teach you to manage yr vast resources then we get rich together.
Sabah sampai bila kah kamu nak tunduk bawah telunjuk Semananjung??? Keluarga sabah yang paling hampir ialah Brunei ok please sedar lah bahawa kami Brunei tidak pernah lupakan sabah.
Lagipun orang2 sabah ada pelbagai kaum dan sngt cantik2 - kami di brunei gadis2 kami tak canti dah muak aku menegok mereka. aku suka pada sabah kerana adat mereka kuat.
Or become independent just like Brunei and Singapore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••