El Monte school official shot to death in Mexico

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Agustin "Bobby" Salcedo, the vice president of the El Monte City School District Board of Education, was shot to death while visiting family in Mexico for the holidays, friends and school officials said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Erik Rizo

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

We will always miss you Bobby... you were a great friend and leader
Flo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Bobby, you were a great man, and an inspiration to everyone in the community. You will be missed.
Steven

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Wow! He was one of my teachers. He was a really great man! Always had a smile and a great sense of humor. You will be missed.
Geraldine Lopez

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Wow!! What disheartening news to hear! My heart goes out to Bobby Salcedo's family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain you are going through. May God grant you the strength.
liz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

prayers for his family.
He was a great man
Mike D

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

The world has lost a great individual who was just beginning to peak in his brilliant career. It is unjust to state he married into the wrong family. He had no idea of what was going to occur. We should all just remember what a polite, carrying and energetic individual he was. I believe I speak for many other when I say our thoughts and prayers go out in Bobby's honor and to his wife and family.
So rude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Maybe you shouldnt judge the family some people!!!
your cousin Liv

Cerritos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Bobby you will be missed. I wish you hadn't gone down there for New Years. I can't imagine what you went through. But one thing I can say is that your in a better place. A place where no one and nothing could ever hurt you. We will all miss you. We all promise to remember you n keep you in our prayers. We promise to take good care of your amazing wife. She is and will always be part of our family.
Claudia Garcia

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Mr. Salcedo was a great role model, teacher,leader and person.. He will be missed may God Bless him!
Bruce

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

My condolences to Mr. Salcedo's family and friends.
Annonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I'm in complete shock. It's very sad that stuff like this has to happen to such innocent people. I remember seeing him around at SEMHS which is why it's so unbelievable. I send my condolences to his friends and family and may he rest in peace.
andy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

my condolences to bobby's family and friends.
Faviola Solorzano

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

He was a great person and he will be missed. My prayers go to his wife and family.
Cristina Tello Berumen

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

This is so sad, I can't believe it!!! We lost a great man at a young age. He will be missed and my heart goes out to his family.
LOPEZ FAMILY

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE SALCEDO FAMILY TODAY AND ALWAYS! BOBBY YOU WERE ALWAYS AN AWESOME NEIGHBOR! YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WILL GREATLY MISS YOU!FOR THE GRIEVING IF THERE IS EVER ANYTHING WE CAN DO JUST LET US KNOW! YOUR NEIGHBOR AND FRIENDS, THE LOPEZ FAMILY!
Youth of a Nation

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Why do the good die young?

I met Bobby on a few occasions and he was nothing but respectable and polite towards me. I remember a conversation I had with him not too long ago and he was focused on continuing to make improvements with his district to better serve his community.

Bobby could have left El Monte a long time ago but he continued to give everything he had to this community. His heart and generosity will be missed.
Fcuk the Drug Cartel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Bobby you will be missed brother... Your a great man and it's a shame that some people don't value life. You will be remembered for the hard work that you put into the school system, the community and the many young lives you have made an impact on. My deepest condolences go out to the entire Salcedo family, the wife and in-laws. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Mary

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Bobby lived his life with purpose and anyone who met him, would know that he was here to serve. He took on many leadership positions that utilized his talents to help others grow. He has made our world better by his presence and influence in the lives of others. An influence that will continue on in the hearts and minds of the individual lives he has touched. And the lives that those indivuals will touch. The insistent question I have now is that since Bobby lived his life to Serve, How Can we take a moment from our lives and be like Bobby? How can we serve?? How can we serve his family?? How can we serve the community?? How can we serve the Children?? If each of us took a moment to serve in his honor, it would make him proud to know that his legacy will continue and live on beyond his life here on earth.
---abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

I am deeply sorry to hear about the loss of an outstanding educated person .But not educated enough to stay away from a contaminated country.He would have probably have been an excellent Mayor for Los Angeles,Ca.,but now we will never know.Because of the short length into the marriage ,and location of his death,something is not right.In any case,Mr.Salcedo,you alone will be missed terribly by everyone that had the honor of knowing you.God Bless you and the family that is left behind.Especially your brother and parents.Rest in peace and watch over the safety of the students that were lucky enough to have known you.
anonymous

Studio City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Definitely a tragic loss, but doesn't anyone see the irony in this?

We complain about the violence in Mexico, when we can't even control the gangs in El Monte! Let's clean up our own house before offering our services to other countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gomez Palacio, Mexico Discussions

Search the Gomez Palacio, Mexico Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Gomez Palacio, Mexico (Dec '12) Dec '12 Susanna 1
Mountain View alumni oppose changing school's n... (Dec '11) Feb '12 resident 4
Tasti D-Lite's Dallas Developer Wants the Store... (May '11) May '11 Been There 1
El Monte Dia de los Muertos event to honor Bobb... (Oct '10) Oct '10 anonymous 14
200 years after its birth, Mexico maintains com... (Sep '10) Sep '10 elegal e 28
Lawmakers name portion of SR 60 in honor of Bob... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Luppy 52
Debate heats up over racetrack gambling proposal (Aug '10) Sep '10 Thinker 10
•••
•••
•••
•••