Since: Nov 09

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Oh...TRENDIES! The most annoying of all the people out there! Ugh.
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Emo Walker was a mighty fine fiddle player.
Jest

Bennettsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Puck this post.

Since: Jun 09

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

f*ck er thin thats not punk oi!
emo lover

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Paris you don't know what you are talking about just shout up leave the emo and goth an punk kids or teens alone you are so stupid for writing that you really dont know what the hell your talking about sooooo shout up
Anarchy_Moletovs

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

im a true anarchist punk. punk was before goth or emo although i do respect goth they took aspects from dark punk and made it their own. emo however is a load. to me its a bunch of attention starved guys who wish they had a vag.
Fire&Fists
Donnie Dooms
yeah thats my real name
Anarchy_Moletovs

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Fuckthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Thats cute. Punk sucks... yet punk is one of the few things that stands for nothing. So what basis are you hating it on? Emo (although fake) stands for alot. Like, keeping hot topic in buisness, Helping the razor blade industry out, Kleenex to. Emo is a coprate thing. In 10 years or less emo won't be cool anymore and all you little preps will run to the next trend. Emo wouldn't even win against MOD. And to all you fucks saying what you'd label yourselves as... Fuck you. If I was to label myself I'd say that I'm me. Thats all that could be said. Now when it comes to music Emo/mainstream bullshit sucks, Goth, I don't understand, but punk is a safe haven. Punk ska and reggae (rockabilly to) triaumph over anything. Now, I do live up to alot of "punks" stereotypes: Drinking, Fighting, Being poor, clothingwise, encouters with the "law" etc.
But it doesn't put me under a punk label, I did all that shit before I sported liberty spikes.
exactly what kind of candle can emo even hope to hold to the sex pistols the ramones rancid m.s.i or even pop punk like greenday. the best thing emos have is m.c.r. which quite frankly sucks.
besides i guarentee any self respecting punk could beat down any emo. also emo is dead it killed itself
Black Iris

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

look guy! Im emo and we dont take things from every one we just are a label that that has the right to be!!!!!!we are emo because we need to get away from the world and to be ourslefs!!!!!
DX
Maks

Lake Stevens, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Black Iris wrote:
look guy! Im emo and we dont take things from every one we just are a label that that has the right to be!!!!!!we are emo because we need to get away from the world and to be ourslefs!!!!!
DX
But your not! You guys are a f-ed up mixture of two totally different genres! All you you are is a bunch of whiny confused trendies who will probably start wearing sweater-vests if the become cool
Ok simple enough

Arco, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Gothic style is the usage of dark clothing to sit apart from the crowd and look a little less than normal or more sophisticated. Reason being most who claim it or we're labeled it whichever comes first. Grew tired of nonsense and just wanted to hang out with like minded open minded people which is fairly difficult to find as a teen. Punk is about the same sort of thing but slumming it still its all sticking a middle finger up and saying fuck you polite society I could care less what Jessica Simpson wore to that award show. Anyway if anybody is under the illusion that the same social behavior most non-conformists dealt with in high school or junior high went away and people suddenly became more mature. Nope not the case at all in fact its exactly the same thing it always was its just politeness demands a holding of one's tongue at least somewhat. Emo in my honest opinion was a marketing decision to take a specific style of punk steal the success of Gothic sub culture and change it to be more exciting or colorful then regurgitate it as a cheapened form of expression that no group of suits would have to worry about because it's like Woodstock. Stand around get thrashed and talk about doing something while listening to tunes. Decide later that you have the munchies go pig out and totally forget you we're going to go change the world. So I don't hate Emo the style I hate the corporate sell out tactics that changed other bands from what they we're to Emo overnight because it sells. I hate the fact I can't walk into a Hot Topic anymore to buy a thing or two I didn't want to make such as chains finger rings that sort of thing. Although I have used dog chains in the past its the same thing. Well point is I can't walk into the store without having some high pitched male voice make me want to throw up my spleen. Ok I really hate the music too but it's not bad cause I don't have to listen to it. What really cuts it for me is the fact that now what was original is generic because from the outside looking in they all see the same thing. Why is it the Emo movement didn't go with a more punk approach and leave my style of dress alone. Ah well eventually nobody will remember Emo as a style of dress because it's just a corporate ploy. Also Alchemy Gothic and Gothic are not the same thing should not confuse them. Gothic dress after the musical style is nearly interchangeable with Alchemy Gothic but not the other way around. Because Alchemy Gothic actually have some very specific core idea's involved. The "Gothic" Style of today was originally born out of a music trend. Then eventually a resurgence of 15th-16th Century Gothic architecture and culture resurfaced and was also "Gothic" but this time Alchemy Gothic. I know very little about Emo except its roots as an offshoot of Punk and various bands that claim the title. Either way someone said True Goth's which sorry to say doesn't exist Goth was created as a musical style of dress first for the shock factor alone. Secondly as a genuine interest in the Victorian period and whimsical nature with all that good death is a part of the cycle of life and all things in balance jazz. So really when somebody says goth and describes it as such I feel I have to clarify theirs actually 2 Goths.
Ok simple enough

Arco, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Sorry one more tiny thing just came flooding in for those still wondering because I have been asked this in the past. Are Goth's dressing like that to scare people. Not really at all although I do admit sometimes it happens and it's kind of fun to play up. Just thought I would add that since it's one of the questions I have gotten a few times. To be honest the reason I like the dress specifically which does not really have any set pattern to it except for monochromatic color scheme. It was the boot's have a few pairs and I like them their comfortable have amazingly good tread they make walking down an empty hallway sound epic. Their heavy so drop kicking someone in the face with them is exceedingly painful to the person being kicked. Whats not to like? Also you rather avoid twenty questions much of the time.
Duh

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Look at what this world has given us!
We have nothing else to think about in this world except for labels!
I feel hypocritical coz I'm on this forum afterall, however what do we gain out of this?
I think gothic and emo, personally, is just a label for some people who feel like they're above everyone, however don't know how to express it except for in the ways of self pity and maybe self harm. They feel different. Which is okay!

Punk is just, well, punk.
My great grandpa talked about the punks walking down the street, with spiky hair back in the 50's!

So, in the end, if you really think about it, Jocks, Preps, Emos, Punks, Goths, Rockers, Bikers, Band Geeks, etc etc etc, are just useless labels!
We are who we are and no one can change that!

There's my ten cents.
AmericanJesus

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Both Emo and Goth spawned from punk. Emo is an emotional thing, where you reject everything and wallow in your own emotional mess. Punk, on the other hand, is based on the idea of pinpointing the problems in society and actually trying to change them. Unfortunately, the fashion and crap like that has sort of put a veil over the true meaning. I understand punk because everybody at one point in their life has either felt like an outcast, or brutally mistreated or uninformed. Punk bites the hand that feeds you that shit. It feels awesome to know that nothing can affect you or bring you down.

Duh: Punks in the 50's? I thought punk (Especially spiky haired ones) originated in the 70's.
Duh

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Lol well, he called em punks. Like, the greasers and tight leather outcast chain type punks in Chicago. He's old and cenial, soooooo.

But Emo is just punk with it's own ugly fashion, if you ask me. But it's like a spinoff of punk.

Goth..... Yeah goth..... It's goth! Lol

Y'know what?
Let's just listen to The Promise Ring and close this topic! Lol
missmusiccobain4 00

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

emo is nothing like punk. your sister is an immature little kid and knows nothing about punk marissa nor goth nor emo. punk does not have anything to do with being trendy unlike fukkin emo *rolls eyes* punk is about being individual and doing and saying what you want and not letting anyone control your thoughts yourself or anything about you emo is just emotional and sometimes cutting yourself plus being a whiny little bitch i mean thats not always a bad thing but punks dont just whine about everything like most emos do. they actually express their opinions beliefs and themnselves through action and rebellion punk also mentally and was never a trend its a way of life emo is just like a new teen craze. punk rules emo sucks.
missmusiccobain4 00

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

i made a typo i meant to say they express punks express themselves through action rebellion and also they can do it mentally.
missmusiccobain4 00

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

another damn typo!
punks express themselves through action rebellion and they can also express themselves mentally.
Ash_ETF gal

Owings Mills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Wow. I find this argument ridiculous and pointless. Goths, punks, emos, etc. Does it really matter??!! They are all different in their own way. No one of them is fake or stupid. They all have unique attributes and things that make they stand out. You can't talk bad about something that you aren't apart of. Till you have experienced it it's just you talking bad about something because it's different. Personally I like them all, but again it's an argument over something that can never be proved because it's only opinions

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Wow...this is still going on? I can't believe there are still people arguing about this.*smh*
The Street Punk

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Godam*it, I hate all of you. Tell your sister this, emo is black or rainbow colored hair p*ssies that complain and shop at hot topic. No sadly they aren't dead, I haven't done enough damage yet. Goths sux too. They were all black and chains and make up and B*tch more than emo kids do. Punks, like me are angry and dress truly. Denim vests, studs n spikes, patches, pins, and combat boots. And btw, sex pistols? F*ck them, The Casualties, the exploited, the unseen, Discharge, bad brains, that's real hardcore punk. EMO WILL NEVER BE PUNK, SO GET OVER IT!!!!!! You want punk? IF you don't know what real punk is by now, you can't have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 621 - 640 of642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Punk Discussions

Search the Punk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Canadian Rock Band The Milkman's Sons Concert G... 17 hr Rock and Roll Classics 1
Green Day is NOT punk (Jan '12) Fri Jared 21
Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Apr 11 Rev Jewell 40
Lizzie Borden Took An Ax Apr 10 Smitty 1
JC Chasez & Michelle Williams Ready to "Get Wei... Apr 7 Anonymous 1
Aliens verses Demons Mar 30 Velvet MJK 2
Madonna's Official Number One Singles' Sales Re... Mar 30 Jack 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••