The "Pregnant Man" is Pregnant Again

Nov 13, 2008 Full story: snafu-ed.blogspot.com 1,453

Thomas Beatie, the so-called "pregnant man," who gave birth to a girl on June 29th, is pregnant again.

Full Story
First Prev
of 73
Next Last

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 13, 2008
Every time that he hangs his pants on the bedpost it happens.....geez
Jess

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2008
That woman has received way too much attention and publicity. She was born a woman with a womb and uterus so being called a pregnant "man" is quite stupid.

I feel sorry for those children.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy of 2

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 13, 2008
Jess wrote:
That woman has received way too much attention and publicity. She was born a woman with a womb and uterus so being called a pregnant "man" is quite stupid.
I feel the same way. This is nothing spectacular. Everything that made her a woman besides breast are still there.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#4 Nov 13, 2008
This clown should be castrated with a fishing knife..

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 13, 2008
Okay, if "he" wanted to have babies, why get the sex change????

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#6 Nov 13, 2008
Um, a man canít get pregnant! OK?

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#7 Nov 13, 2008
Jess wrote:
He was wrongly born with female parts. Nobody is born "a woman." Being a male or female is biology, but being a man or a woman is society and choice. His soul is that of a man, and how dare you erase his identity and all the hard work he did just to be treated with the LUXURY and PRIVILEGE that ALL other men take for granted. For him to go through all the pain, work, expense, teasing, abuse, and ridicule, he deserves to be treated as the man he is and have his accomplishments recognized.

His refusal to have his womb destroyed until he selflessly helped his SO have kids does not negate his masculinity. He was simply making the best of a bad situation. Other straight men have kids, so why not a man born with Harry Benjamin Syndrome?

- Activist, public speaker, and writer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Plum, Purplonia

#8 Nov 13, 2008
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
Okay, if "he" wanted to have babies, why get the sex change????
Hi friend! Who said he wanted to "have babies?" Like any other man, he simply wanted to pass on his DNA. But being robbed of being born of a working penis and testicles, he surrendered to making the best of a bad situation. I am sure he wanted to get a woman pregnant, but that was not the card he was dealt. There are many sterile men out there. In addition, his SO actually was sterile, so he got to have her body.

Getting sex-reassigment is about correcting your body to match who you already are. It is not about what you can do, but about being who you are. Most men have the privilege of having a male body and being treated as men, and most women have the privilege and advantage of being born with female bodies (biology) and being treated as women (internal identity and social role).

I believe He is the correct pronoun since he and she refers to the person, not their genitals. Their personhood is what matters. It is a grave error to reduce a person to their genitals. That is what women have fought against for years, that whole notion that they are only good for one thing. But it is an even deeper error to reduce a person to their genitals when the genitals are in error and do not match who a person is. To refer to the sex of their genitals rather than the sex of their heart, mind, soul, nature, and being is tantamount to destroying and erasing who they really are.

Just my 2 cents.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Plum, Purplonia

#9 Nov 13, 2008
yernogood- wrote:
Um, a man canít get pregnant! OK?
A MALE cannot get pregnant. However a MAN (big difference) who was wrongly born with FEMALE parts can.

In addition, a number of transsexual persons are also intersexed, meaning they have at least some parts of both. I know of a woman who was born intersexed and raised as a boy, then went on to give birth to a girl with Harry Benjamin Syndrome, possibly while taking the now-banned drug, DES. Sons of mothers who take DES are several times more likely than others born with male parts to later be diagnosed as having the condition of true-transsexualism.

Male and female refer to biology. Man/boy and woman/girl refer to social role, internal identification, and culture.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 13, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi friend! Who said he wanted to "have babies?" Like any other man, he simply wanted to pass on his DNA. But being robbed of being born of a working penis and testicles, he surrendered to making the best of a bad situation. I am sure he wanted to get a woman pregnant, but that was not the card he was dealt. There are many sterile men out there. In addition, his SO actually was sterile, so he got to have her body.
Getting sex-reassigment is about correcting your body to match who you already are. It is not about what you can do, but about being who you are. Most men have the privilege of having a male body and being treated as men, and most women have the privilege and advantage of being born with female bodies (biology) and being treated as women (internal identity and social role).
I believe He is the correct pronoun since he and she refers to the person, not their genitals. Their personhood is what matters. It is a grave error to reduce a person to their genitals. That is what women have fought against for years, that whole notion that they are only good for one thing. But it is an even deeper error to reduce a person to their genitals when the genitals are in error and do not match who a person is. To refer to the sex of their genitals rather than the sex of their heart, mind, soul, nature, and being is tantamount to destroying and erasing who they really are.
Just my 2 cents.
I get that, sometimes I just don't understand things like this, why not have a surrogate? I think if he were trying to match his body to his mind/soul, then he should be all man or as much as he could be....I hope this makes sense.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 13, 2008
But how do they determine the sex of the baby? I mean if the baby has a womb...then its a girl, but obviously the babies FATHER has a womb, so now what... awkward moment for the doctor.
Vice President

West Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 13, 2008
If he's gonna make a habit of this he should at least have his boobies re-installed - babies love those things.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#13 Nov 13, 2008
Men cant get pregnant..this story is abdsurd an you people are falling for it hook line n sinker..

pathetic
Vice President

West Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 13, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
Men cant get pregnant..this story is abdsurd an you people are falling for it hook line n sinker..
pathetic
He's "a man" in the sense that he's pre-operative female-to-male transsexual. That means he's still got his original "girl parts" below the belt, and THOSE are what he's using to pop out these youngins.
louie

Lebec, CA

#15 Nov 13, 2008
That dude sure gets knocked up a lot.
Vice President

West Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 13, 2008
louie wrote:
That dude sure gets knocked up a lot.
Yes, but does that make "him" a stud or does it make "her" a slut?

Can the entire double standard exist in one person?
President Elect YoMomma

Houston, TX

#17 Nov 13, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
A MALE cannot get pregnant. However a MAN (big difference) who was wrongly born with FEMALE parts can.
In addition, a number of transsexual persons are also intersexed, meaning they have at least some parts of both. I know of a woman who was born intersexed and raised as a boy, then went on to give birth to a girl with Harry Benjamin Syndrome, possibly while taking the now-banned drug, DES. Sons of mothers who take DES are several times more likely than others born with male parts to later be diagnosed as having the condition of true-transsexualism.
Male and female refer to biology. Man/boy and woman/girl refer to social role, internal identification, and culture.
You are a disgrace to my administration.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#18 Nov 13, 2008
Vice President wrote:
<quoted text>
He's "a man" in the sense that he's pre-operative female-to-male transsexual. That means he's still got his original "girl parts" below the belt, and THOSE are what he's using to pop out these youngins.
Ohh well ok,then I apologize..thats what I get for not reading the full story.
louie

Lebec, CA

#19 Nov 13, 2008
Vice President wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but does that make "him" a stud or does it make "her" a slut?
Can the entire double standard exist in one person?
It's a "stut"
Tam

Royal Oak, MI

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Ok folks Here it is in black and white... No, shades of grey DO NOT apply here. There is not a Transgender Female to Male I know that would be caught dead trying to have a baby. They are so offended by the female parts of their body that most never make it to full transition...(Suicide is usually the case) Periods, Breasts and emotions totally destroy the transgender Female to male... they feel violated.

This WOMAN is embracing freakism to be different.

It has been posted here already that there is a HUGE process to complete a sex change... mentally physically and financially. To have your ID offically claim you as changed takes quite a number of steps as well. It isnt easy hence the huge suicide rate many don't survive the process.

What I find shameful here is how this is truly harming the cause of Transgender folks every where. And not just Transgenders but Gays and Lesbians as well. But above all this is a Child that won't be born into a world of openness and love but instead will be born in to bigotry and hate and their parent's actions did nothing to promote a better world but instead created a hell for this child long before its Birth.

They did NOT have a Sex Change operation just bilateral mastectomy and ID change.

What the hell is this woman thinking... You don't have to be a Man to be a Mother... you just have to be a woman.
Signed,
Tam, Lesbian, wife and mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 73
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pop/Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson's son have a skin disease? Prin... 9 min goodvibrations 36
Girl with Asperger Syndrome Performing Michael ... 7 hr Vaccines Maim Kill 67
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 7 hr Observer Rules 12,787
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 7 hr Octopus 27
They're with the band! Miley Cyrus hangs out wi... 20 hr Big mike 1
Judge denies motion in Jackson estate case 21 hr Pop Tart- 49
Photos: Miley Cyrus Posts a Makeup-Free Selfie 21 hr Big mike 4

Pop/Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE