Loving Lucy on her 100th birthday anniversary

Aug 6, 2011 Full story: KFVS12 6

On the 100th anniversary of Lucille Ball's birthday, her daughter is asking fans of the "I Love Lucy" star to be joyous.

Full Story

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 6, 2011
We're being bombarded by Lucy marathons on tv this weekend.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 Aug 6, 2011
Gomer wrote:
the programmers LOVE weekends like this...

it takes their job down one level in difficulty...
from a monkey could do it, to a tv programmer could.

“Very upset American”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 6, 2011
Happy Birthday Lucy, you got some "Splainin' to do.
Pukethey

Bradenton, FL

#5 May 4, 2012
Forget what book I read decades ago but as far as I am concerned the earth would have been much better off with that garbage departing much sooner than she did.

Even as a young child I was repulsed by her 'humor'. I feel as a grown woman now, that I was picking up some serious mental issues just watching her chaotic bs on tv. YUCK. That shit was not humor. It was a manic freak on steroids. Only a complete imbacile would have laughed at that shit called lucille ball. And shame on society for egging that sick crap on. I should be able to sue her estate for emotional pain just because I turned the tv set on. And OH what a carnival they carried on when the bitch died. But the greats went ignored. Go figure.
Ohfaceit

Bradenton, FL

#6 May 21, 2012
Pne of the most putrid tv characters I have ever know,'lucy' is the forefront. I know this 'icky' toxic persona. I had one as a mother. And an aside, her 'humor' could only attract the phony or idiots. Imagine. A grown woman acting like she was so f'n stupid like her character did. But forget that. I KNOW that woman damned near gave me terrors. It's called gut feelings. Glad she's dead.
Gomer wrote:
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#7 Jul 10, 2012
" I Love Lucy "

by Michael Franks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jazz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gus Stevens: A man, a restaurant, a pioneering ... (Dec '07) Nov 13 nuttybuddy 91
27 things to do this Canada Day Nov 10 Neil boy 3
Singer Discovers Tiny Spider in Her Ear Nov 5 wichita-rick 8
Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Oct 28 shaBOO 143
Worth a Look Oct '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Lady Gaga Invites Fan On Stage And Pays Tribute... Oct '14 Big mike 1
Franklin makes the anthem her own (Feb '06) Oct '14 Uretha 10

Jazz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE