Robin Thicke Says He's Different From Chris Brown, Drake

Dec 22, 2011 Full story: KNEK-FM Lafayette 36

Robin Thicke 's latest album Love After War covers the usual R&B hot topics -- breaking up and making up, just to name a couple.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Do me a favor”

Since: Nov 09

And don't do me no favor

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Well......
JaNikki

Kirkland, WA

#2 Dec 22, 2011
Interesting. He seems to want "attention" from
the Black community, and his wife, Paula Patton, is half Black.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Robin Thick is different ..he only needs one hit song while all the others has to have talent in the industry the fluke needs blks to carry him..that's the difference ..

“Stop being moronic. ”

Since: Oct 09

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2011
Robin Thick fell off hard. After he did that song I Wanna Love You feat. Pharrell he hasn't done shit.
Pride of a Lion

Houston, TX

#5 Dec 22, 2011
Oh Mr Mighty Whitey want money? F@ck that a kkkraka, hahahahaha, no doubt!

“No Troll Zone...”

Since: May 08

They Know Better!!!

#6 Dec 22, 2011
Robin Thicke Says He's Different From Chris Brown, Drake

And???
blacksexyman82

Montgomery Village, MD

#7 Dec 22, 2011
off course he is different from them, he has alot less talent, and his white.

“LordHaveMercyWho Wokes =”

Since: Nov 11

MsSaffyre Up (=_@)!

#8 Dec 22, 2011
Robin thicke is a good entertainer! Theirs nothing wrong with him! He is not using blk people to become more famous! He loves blk people! More then black people love eachother! Plus he is fine and sexy and a good singer too! He can put me to bws with his songs! Robin is thicke!(=_*)!

“LordHaveMercyWho Wokes =”

Since: Nov 11

MsSaffyre Up (=_@)!

#9 Dec 22, 2011
Lol! I meant to say *bed*& also bws love them selves some robin thicke:-) typo d:-)
blacksexyman82

Montgomery Village, MD

#11 Dec 22, 2011
MsSyree wrote:
Robin thicke is a good entertainer! Theirs nothing wrong with him! He is not using blk people to become more famous! He loves blk people! More then black people love eachother! Plus he is fine and sexy and a good singer too! He can put me to bws with his songs! Robin is thicke!(=_*)!
I dont care if he loves blackpeople, Chris Brown has more talent in his left hand, than Thicke has in his whole body. and for you to thumb me down is CRAZY. i thought we were cool. Robin Thicke hasone good song "lost without you"

Chris Brown has 100 hit songs, he dances almost as good as Michael Jackson. He has a new youtube , mixtape song /rap every month. COME ON are we really comparing CHris Brownto robin thicke??????????

just shows you , if you dont agree with ANY BW on TOPIX you get thumb down, so guys dont take it person,its women stuff. Thats just how they do lol.
Lisa

AOL

#12 Dec 22, 2011
affter throwing BW under the bus in his Essence interview..no BW should support him..

“LordHaveMercyWho Wokes =”

Since: Nov 11

MsSaffyre Up (=_@)!

#13 Dec 22, 2011
blacksexyman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont care if he loves blackpeople, Chris Brown has more talent in his left hand, than Thicke has in his whole body. and for you to thumb me down is CRAZY. i thought we were cool. Robin Thicke hasone good song "lost without you"
Chris Brown has 100 hit songs, he dances almost as good as Michael Jackson. He has a new youtube , mixtape song /rap every month. COME ON are we really comparing CHris Brownto robin thicke??????????
just shows you , if you dont agree with ANY BW on TOPIX you get thumb down, so guys dont take it person,its women stuff. Thats just how they do lol.
Robin thicke is a good entertainer, so is chris brown and drake! Unlike chris brown wasn't he the one that abuse rihanna and looks like he had himself put black women under the bus! But like drake who is also a good entertainer himself and writes his own music with his raps dogging blk women in his songs as well! Robin thicke sangs to every woman and man who listen instead of hating! He never wrote in his songs on hate! He song on love! Your prejudice is your bias to see past what is said in songs instead of the person color! You're wrong and that is not true! They're alot of good and better entertainers then robin thicke! But he does his music because he loves it!& he enjoys people like me who loves it!! Blk people inspired him so yeah us blk people got him where he wanted to be! Just like chris brown & drake and so as many others that looks up to them and is inspired by them!!! Just like you and me! Except your difference though! I still give them all props!

Since: Dec 11

United States

#14 Dec 22, 2011
Lisa wrote:
affter throwing BW under the bus in his Essence interview..no BW should support him..
How did he throw black women under the bus in his Essence interview?
Lisa

AOL

#15 Dec 22, 2011
Owain wrote:
<quoted text>
How did he throw black women under the bus in his Essence interview?
He was very one-sided in his answer to the question concerning BM/BW relations..I'm sure if the question was rephrased and asked why he didn't marry a WW or why so many WM are marry IR..he would have gave a PC answer that wouldn't have placed blame on WW or WM at all...BW need to require the same..he could have easily said ..something alone the lines of there are many great men..including BM who love BW...and secure a black fan base...BW settle for crumbs..simply because this man has a half black wife...and it's the reason why many people can publicly take jabs at BW...the way BW boycott Reggie Bush from being on the cover of the mag..rightfully so..the same should be true for Robin or any WM who even take sideways too..BW need to tighten up their shyt and use their power...like RiRi..the one mag used some racial description about her..and RiRi spoke up..in which the person lost their job at the mag...next person will not be so quick to display their nonsense so publicly against BW...we need more of this...WM see BM do this shyt and still get BW support..now they starting the shyt...

Since: Dec 11

United States

#16 Dec 22, 2011
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>He was very one-sided in his answer to the question concerning BM/BW relations..I'm sure if the question was rephrased and asked why he didn't marry a WW or why so many WM are marry IR..he would have gave a PC answer that wouldn't have placed blame on WW or WM at all...BW need to require the same..he could have easily said ..something alone the lines of there are many great men..including BM who love BW...and secure a black fan base...BW settle for crumbs..simply because this man has a half black wife...and it's the reason why many people can publicly take jabs at BW...the way BW boycott Reggie Bush from being on the cover of the mag..rightfully so..the same should be true for Robin or any WM who even take sideways too..BW need to tighten up their shyt and use their power...like RiRi..the one mag used some racial description about her..and RiRi spoke up..in which the person lost their job at the mag...next person will not be so quick to display their nonsense so publicly against BW...we need more of this...WM see BM do this shyt and still get BW support..now they starting the shyt...
Thanks. I think I get where your coming from. If his words were hurtful to you, don't buy his music. For what it's worth, though, I don't think that was his intent. Interracial white people who try to be genuinely anti-racist are conscious of the concerns some in the black community have about interracial dating and try not to play into those dynamics. I think Robin was asked a question he found awkward, was worried about his marriage being used to put down black men and went a bit too far trying to avoid that, not realizing the way his words might strike some black women. At least that's how I read him.

Since: Dec 11

United States

#17 Dec 22, 2011
*you're
Lisa

AOL

#18 Dec 22, 2011
Owain wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I think I get where your coming from. If his words were hurtful to you, don't buy his music. For what it's worth, though, I don't think that was his intent. Interracial white people who try to be genuinely anti-racist are conscious of the concerns some in the black community have about interracial dating and try not to play into those dynamics. I think Robin was asked a question he found awkward, was worried about his marriage being used to put down black men and went a bit too far trying to avoid that, not realizing the way his words might strike some black women. At least that's how I read him.
I never bought his music..so that's not the point..and his words aren't hurtful because he's not my husband..the point is about being fair..why should BW downplay his comments about us and rage when BM say the same thing about us..that's just white azz licking..which no black person should do..if we cannot find fault in him..then how much more shouldn't we when BM have been saying the same damn thing?

Since: Dec 11

United States

#19 Dec 22, 2011
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>I never bought his music..so that's not the point..and his words aren't hurtful because he's not my husband..the point is about being fair..why should BW downplay his comments about us and rage when BM say the same thing about us..that's just white azz licking..which no black person should do..if we cannot find fault in him..then how much more shouldn't we when BM have been saying the same damn thing?
I can't answer those questions, Lisa. I am just sharing with you what I think was going on with him during the interview. It's a perspective I can relate to. Whatever you choose to do with that, I'm not going to argue with you.

Since: Apr 11

UK

#20 Dec 23, 2011
blacksexyman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont care if he loves blackpeople, Chris Brown has more talent in his left hand, than Thicke has in his whole body. and for you to thumb me down is CRAZY. i thought we were cool. Robin Thicke hasone good song "lost without you"
Chris Brown has 100 hit songs, he dances almost as good as Michael Jackson. He has a new youtube , mixtape song /rap every month. COME ON are we really comparing CHris Brownto robin thicke??????????
just shows you , if you dont agree with ANY BW on TOPIX you get thumb down, so guys dont take it person,its women stuff. Thats just how they do lol.
I have to agree with you I love Chris Brown(minus the incident but everyone makes mistakes)Robin Thicke I don't like or dislike him but the person I cannot stand is Justin Timberlake.

Since: Apr 11

UK

#21 Dec 23, 2011
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>He was very one-sided in his answer to the question concerning BM/BW relations..I'm sure if the question was rephrased and asked why he didn't marry a WW or why so many WM are marry IR..he would have gave a PC answer that wouldn't have placed blame on WW or WM at all...BW need to require the same..he could have easily said ..something alone the lines of there are many great men..including BM who love BW...and secure a black fan base...BW settle for crumbs..simply because this man has a half black wife...and it's the reason why many people can publicly take jabs at BW...the way BW boycott Reggie Bush from being on the cover of the mag..rightfully so..the same should be true for Robin or any WM who even take sideways too..BW need to tighten up their shyt and use their power...like RiRi..the one mag used some racial description about her..and RiRi spoke up..in which the person lost their job at the mag...next person will not be so quick to display their nonsense so publicly against BW...we need more of this...WM see BM do this shyt and still get BW support..now they starting the shyt...
This is why I don't understand black/mixed racwe women who support Justin Timberlake he just says what people want to hear.When he was in the UK he gave an interview saying how he loved biracial women.No he doesn't,I've never seen him date anyone other than white women at least in public.He was even dating Janet Jackson in secret,who would want to keep dating Janet Jackson a secret!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aisle 5 celebrates grand opening with DJ Vadim ... 8 hr Dead Dale 2
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 8 hr Evolusean 36,722
Beyonce Leads MTV Vma Nominations 13 hr TheAfroHedgehog 3
Michael Jackson inspired will.i.am to become a ... Tue goodvibrations 7
Karrueche Tran living with Chris Brown Tue Raymond 2
TL 2.5 punchline tourney round 2 (ILLMORTAL vs ... Mon chi-town lover 33
Top 10 West Coast Rappers of All-Time (Jan '09) Sep 29 2pac fan for life 558

Hip-Hop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE