Peek'n Peak running off generators

Full story: GoErie.com

Peek 'N Peak Resort and Spa is running on backup generators while it works to reach terms with its electrical provider.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 190 of190
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Not a Kiebler Fan

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Listen, this boy wonder Kiebler was a spoiled brat. And the worst businessman. Surrounded by his fan club of weak yes-men, he routinely told people they couldn't ski at his resort as if it were a private club. He was on a ruinous power trip that crippled everything he touched. If I owned real estate there and knew that he was preventing people from spending money, I would have tried to run him out of town. What kind of businessman tells people to leave their $3K per season at home?! That's the average cost of a season pass, food and misc. expenditures. Good riddance Kiebler and thanks for running a sweet little ski resort into the ditch. Karma's a b*tch. Good luck to the Scotts who at least seem business savvy. Hope they can bring back the Peak. We'll be back this year!
Long Islander

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

I skied the Peak in high school and college in the 70's and of course loved it. Thought I would take my family to ski there a few years ago so I checked out the rates. Wow !!! I could not believe My family of 4 could stay 3 nights and ski 4 days for $505 Anywhere in Vt or upstate NY would have been $1900. We had a great time although the room at the in smelled all moldy.
Peak Hater

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

The death throws continue! Now that Nick Scott bought the place its only a matter of time till its right back on the scrap heap where it belongs.
I just heard that as of the first of the year they plan on cutting all health benefits for all employees except for the management clowns who ran the place into the ground in the first place. Now there bringing in mexican labor to handle there house cleaning so watch your valuables if your silly enough to stay in there dilapadated, black mold infested hotel.
whatever

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Well..peak hater..you are seriously misinformed.... all health benefits have not been cut...anyone working the required number of hours is eligible. and the management is not what ran the place into the ground...Kiebler is... the management that is there is the same management that was there when Norbert owned it and it was very profitable.....in fact it was profitable even over the last few years---but when the owner takes the money away it makes it very difficult to "make money" and no---I am not management....
BLA BLA

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

Peak hater your the exact reason people shouldn't post unless they know what they are talking about. Read the f... papers. Scotts just got approved by IDA for a tax free deal to spend 1.5 million to renovate the Peek's INN (that needs it). Health benefits are the same as always. Your a DB so keep it to your self and keep posting BS on Topix, good job!!
peak Hater

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Peak n peek winter 2011....
Empty parking lots and no snow, just like old times. Who will they blame this year ? Maybe its time for anouther state loan to default on
church mouse

Greenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

BLA BLA wrote:
Peak hater your the exact reason people shouldn't post unless they know what they are talking about. Read the f... papers. Scotts just got approved by IDA for a tax free deal to spend 1.5 million to renovate the Peek's INN (that needs it). Health benefits are the same as always. Your a DB so keep it to your self and keep posting BS on Topix, good job!!
Bla bla is what I tell myself when I look in the mirror naked.

#ha ha ha

you're uglier
I worked for Nick

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I worked for Nick Scott ,He is the worst person to work for.I was one of his housekeeping staff.I worked more then 40 hours a week no health care, employee picnic one ticket to waldamare and bring a dish.I can say worst person to work for .Sad thing he owns half of Millcreek.No wonder why poverty levels are so high.Every one working for Nick is going no were can barely make your bills.Peek will be done and closed in few years.
peak Hater

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Nothing will change for Peek n peak untill they dump the clown show they call management. Unless Scott is prepared to forget about profit and just pour money into the place the way the Crosses did.
I wonder how long it will take Mr. Scott to figure out that the place is just a worn out money pit that has outlived any usefullness and needs the doors slammed shut
whatever

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Go ahead and believe it is the management you ignorant creep!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 190 of190
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Electronic Discussions

Search the Electronic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VIBE machine: A cure-all for some folks? (Aug '07) 5 min katel 78
90-year-old funeral home director on trial for ... Apr 10 mckee man 1
Supergrids: an adequate solution? Apr 3 MH370 Government Cover Up 1
Ecstatic Melodic Copulation Mar 28 M Robert 2
Driven: 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring Sedan Mar 20 GrainlineGardenGuru 1
Flight 370 and Other Mysterious Airplane Disapp... Mar '14 Human at Earth 6
Ecoped eBike travels 60km on single charge (Feb '09) Mar '14 Tristan 33
•••
•••