Write a personal thank you note to Julie Andrews

May 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: American Libraries

Public Service Announcements reach more that 30 million readers This year Academy Award-winning actress and honorary chair of National Library Week Julie Andrews donated her image to a print public service ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Namalou

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

I was at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday evening for "The Gift of Music". I was so hoping to get Julie Andrews' autograph. The Sound of Music was one of the last movies I went to see with my mother, who passed away when I was 15 years old, and I was having floods of memories in the last week. bUT i CRETAINLY RESPECTED THE WISHES NOT TO GIVE AUTOGRAPHS. i ENJOYED THE SHOW TRMENDOUSLY ON sATURDAY. wHAT A GRACEFUL LADY IS jULIE aNDREWS! iT WAS A REAL THRILL TO SEE HER LIVE!
Eliza55

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

I also watched Julie's The Gift of Music concert last Saturday. It was a dream come true for me to finally see her in person. The show was "awesome". In my entire life no other celebrity has given me such an enormous joy. I wish someday I could see her again on stage doing another show or play. I love all her movies and CD's. THANK YOU JULIE FOR CONTINUING TO BRING US SO MUCH JOY. WE LOVE YOU.
Robin Engala

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

When I first saw Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music I was 9 years old, she instantly changed my life forever. I'm 45 years old today and not a day goes by that she is not with me. While growing up my friends were normal kids, I on the other hand researched Julie Andrews. I learned to dance, I became open to styles of music I wouldn't have if not for her. Broadway and Carnegie Hall became a place I needed to touch. I learned to speak well and carry myself always like a lady. I learned to be strong and work hard. Julie Andrews set that example for me and still does. I adore her and I cried when I saw her on the big screen again in Princess Diaries. She is so funny and still absolutely stunning.
My dream is to meet her (without passing out, silly as it sounds) and chat for awhile. Have a nice cup of tea and discuss roses.
Thank you Julie Andrews for all your hard work and for gracing us with your enormous gifts. I hope you feel this sincere appreciation and I wish you and your family love and peace always.
Maria-Cristina Rusu

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

I'm not so lucky like all of you who saw Dame Julie Andrews but I'm her fan from my childhood. I love all her movies and her divine music. She is a true Queen and I hope someday to meet her in persson. I saw a little parts from her GREAT Gift of Music and I was in a nine clouds for much days! She sing again that's the most wonderful new from the world, because all the time when she sing she bring us such a joy of life! I hope she come also in Europe and share with us her beautiful gift of music! THANK YOU JULIE ANDREWS FOR BEING OUR JOY!
Susan

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2008

I have been a fan of Julie Andrews for as long as I can remember. I think she has one of the purest and most beautifully toned voice I have ever heard. I believe she had a 5 octave range which is quite rare. My mother also has a 5 octave voice range and I was always impressed with the clear, crisp tone that was made as I listened to her sing.
I went to New York many years ago and bought tickets to see Victor/Victoria and was notified ahead of time that Julie would not be able to sing and we could pick a different show. It would have been a true honor to see the lady who I think has the most purely beautiful voice in the world.
I hope for your sake and the sake of all those who have followed you for years that sometime in the near future you will be able to use your God-given talent that has inspired me personally for many years.
Thank you for your beautiful gift.
Mary

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Julie has brought me so much joy through her movies. The Sound of Music profoundly affected my life in so many ways. What a beautiful and special lady. Happy birthday on October 1st, Julie.
Sandi Martin

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

One of the best birthday gifts I ever received was a Mary Poppins paperdoll when I was about ten years old. I actually sneaked in my parent's room and found it hidden. It was such a hit for me. I think Julie Andrews is in a class of her own. The Sound of Music remains one of my favorite all-time movies/musicals.It doesn't get any better than that. What entertainment!
Our small private school here in Lynchburg, Virginia, hopes to put it on in the spring. I never tire of seeing it! We love you, Julie!
Linda W

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

My parents took me to see The Sound of Music on my 16th birthday in Portland, Oregon. It was the first time I had eaten in a fancy restaurant, or stayed in a hotel. I'll always remember that night, but I'll always remember the beautiful voice of Julie Andrews. I've always admired her talent and enjoy it to this day.
christina from egypt

Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

i love you so much you are very beautiful voiceTHANK YOU JULIE ANDREWS
actress-in-train ing

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Thank you Mrs. Andrews for all your entertainment and influencing me to become a singer/actress. I hope to meet her in person one day. I THANK WISH TO THANK HER SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING SHE'S DONE.
Kathy W

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

My Mother took me to the Rivoli theatre the day after the New York premiere of The Sound of Music! The red carpet was still down. I had seen Mary Poppins and Julie remains to this day the most wonderful gracious, naturally royal person I have ever seen. Perfect diction, just wonderful. I am still saddened by the loss of her voice that still brings some tears. My Mother also sang wonderfully, but being small I must have made her feel bad..she did not have an English accent!
olivia

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING PERSON!!!! YOUR THE REASON WHY IVE BECOME SO INTERESTED IN ACTING AND MUSICAL THEATRE !! THANKS YOU SO MUCH <3
honestly on my iPod i only have albums from all your movies, i just love to listen to your voice. i know you can't sing as well as you use to, but i STILL love listening to your voice! i have met you before at one of your book singings for the very fairy princess! in Seattle at Costco, my parents drove me down from vancouver canada to see you !!! you probably don't remember me, and i don't blame you if you don't but i sure remember that day like it was yesterday! i had tears of joy when i went up to talk to you i couldn't stop tearing i was in shock that i was standing right in front of you!!! well anyways you are my hero !!! i love you so much, thank you so much for being you <3

love olivia

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••