Caterpillar workers strike in Joliet, Illinois

May 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Houston Home-Journal

After rejecting a new six-year contract, machinists at a Caterpillar plant in Joliet, Illinois went on strike early Tuesday morning.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated May 18, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

When a company that is reporting 1.59 billion dollar profit in 3 months, gave their CEO 42% raise and gave him 8.1 million dollars worth of stock options as a BONUS wants to take $8 an hr, double healthcare premium away what other option do you have but to strike? CATERPILLAR has become a very greedy company! they say they are investing in their future? But it dont matter how much money you invest in your facilities, if you dont invest in your employees. then you haven't invested in nothing. Your employees are the most important part to any companies future. they make you or break you
joe

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

Also their CEO made 1.9 million dollars last year...not including his bonuses....so you can figure a 42% raise what it would be.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

What the CEO makes is none of your business
Do your job and be glad you have one
next Mayor

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

hey dumbass union workers, if its so easy go start your own business and pay yourself what ever you want..........

there is a reason why unions don't any business other GM, they can't make a profit- that the number one goal of business

your lucky to have JOB>>>>>> >>>>>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

The usual from a factory floor type
I allready own a business and struggle through the morass to hire union losers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

It is an employers market and companies are taking advantage of it. I have a feeling that without a union the employees of Caterpillar would be at a lower pay rate and still wouldn't get a share of the profits due to the greediness of outrageous executive salaries and bonuses. Because of the poor economy just about all businesses manage like greedy mini Hitlers. It is not good enough to be at work on time every day and go a bit above the call of duty. Companies want you to jump when they say jump(you better ask how high), they want you to stroke egos, kiss ass, snitch, etc. And why are they greedy? Because they know there are people like icu and next Mayor to replace what the company calls "disgruntled employees" like Joe. This is sad but true. If I didn't keep my opinion in check I would be fired. But I have not and will not resort to being a robotic rat and I have been passed for promotions and better raises b/c I will not resort to total control by my manager. If a layoff should happen I will be laid off before the slimeball rats that have less seniority than me b/c I'm not in a union job. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages but I would feel more secure in a union job today b/c of the mini Hitler antics.
DT Strickland

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

icu_ wrote:
You call your employees "union losers"?! post your name & company you coward, & see how long you'll stay in business when your employees find out what you say about them behind their backs! Without those "union losers" you so despise you would be out of business & looking for a job yourself. I wonder what kind of "union loser" you would be. I think anyone who has read your post knows what kind of a loser you are today.
yourstruly

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

How many of you would take a job if the employer told you, "okay, no raises for six years for my long term employees, new people will start at half their rate & maybe we'll give them a little raise now & then if we feel like it. Of course, new people will have no benefits for up to 2 years, and once you get insurance your premiums and out of pocket will be very high. Doubling or tripling over the next 6 years for my long term people. Oh, & by the way, if I like you I will give you the good job on the good shift, & that poor slob who has been here for 20+ years will just have to go where I tell him on whatever crappy job I see fit. So you better be nice to me! Pension? Don't be ridiculous. Retirees? Of course we will continue to give them health care, but they will have to really PAY! And don't expect anything in writing, they can trust us!" If you think this is a good job offer, go ahead & apply at Caterpillar. Skilled people with 15, 20, 30, or more years of experience are being treated like scum who don't deserve a paycheck. The union is not asking for huge raises, just a fair contract!
justmecatwife

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Aww the problem with ICU and Next Mayor is they're not intelligent enough to be in a Union the best they could hope for is to be a scab! Hey ICU what's the name of your business?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

DT Strickland wrote:
<quoted text>
You call your employees "union losers"?! post your name & company you coward, & see how long you'll stay in business when your employees find out what you say about them behind their backs! Without those "union losers" you so despise you would be out of business & looking for a job yourself. I wonder what kind of "union loser" you would be. I think anyone who has read your post knows what kind of a loser you are today.
Nope.I am in the procss of moving all of my operations to another state that is a right to work state.
We will see just how long the thugs will have a decent job after I close my operations down. Publish my name...why? I will notify the state and the union soon enough that Im outta here. You see I will continue to be a winner...the union types losers
Dr Viking Phd Negerologis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

DT Strickland wrote:
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
I reconize your man. "THE NAME OF HIS BUSINESS IS "GOVERNMENT"... Operating under the name "CORPORACRACY".

His Name IS, "BARAC OBAMA"... The post was written by one of his "AGENT EMPLOYEES".

Now "We the American People" will see who the "COWARDS" are ?

All calculations say the Union Workers are the "COWARDS".

Your Union is not the First Union the Government under descise of "CORPORACRACY" HAS BUSTED>>>...
@@@@@@@@@@

JOE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

yourstruly wrote:
How many of you would take a job if the employer told you, "okay, no raises for six years for my long term employees, new people will start at half their rate & maybe we'll give them a little raise now & then if we feel like it. Of course, new people will have no benefits for up to 2 years, and once you get insurance your premiums and out of pocket will be very high. Doubling or tripling over the next 6 years for my long term people. Oh, & by the way, if I like you I will give you the good job on the good shift, & that poor slob who has been here for 20+ years will just have to go where I tell him on whatever crappy job I see fit. So you better be nice to me! Pension? Don't be ridiculous. Retirees? Of course we will continue to give them health care, but they will have to really PAY! And don't expect anything in writing, they can trust us!" If you think this is a good job offer, go ahead & apply at Caterpillar. Skilled people with 15, 20, 30, or more years of experience are being treated like scum who don't deserve a paycheck. The union is not asking for huge raises, just a fair contract!
@@@@@@@@@
None of you have what it takes. Most of you voted for "SOCALISM" . Don't like what you "CHOSE" ? "YES YOU COULD HAVE."

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

ICU, since you're moving - there's yet another reason to not hide in the online wasteland of your mommy's basement "executive suite"........let me guess, you make urinal splashguards and scented cakes down there?
JOE

Lemoore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

justmecatwife wrote:
Aww the problem with ICU and Next Mayor is they're not intelligent enough to be in a Union the best they could hope for is to be a scab! Hey ICU what's the name of your business?
The "NAME" is "CORPORACRACY". Show us how "intelligent" you are?
Honest Jon

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

icu_ wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.I am in the procss of moving all of my operations to another state that is a right to work state.
We will see just how long the thugs will have a decent job after I close my operations down. Publish my name...why? I will notify the state and the union soon enough that Im outta here. You see I will continue to be a winner...the union types losers
Well then so long scabbie, this states better off without your shitty little business.
big jim

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

icu_ wrote:
How can you manage a business, it seems spelling is a challenge to you? No wonder it's failing and you need cheaper labor. Union yes!
Leslie M

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Caterpillar is a shitty and greedy company where incompetence flourishes within management at all levels especially in HR!
Dr Viking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

big jim wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you manage a business, it seems spelling is a challenge to you? No wonder it's failing and you need cheaper labor. Union yes!
@@@@@@@@@@
"HE"/ "THEY", will get cheaper Labor. After the same tactic is used to Bust your UNION as was used by many others of the "COOPORATION OF "CORPORACRACY"" .
The few thousand Caterpillar workers are nothing more then a "PIMPLE ON a Cat's BUTT"... You will be cleaned off with a little Solvent...
Retired 851

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Dr Viking wrote:
<quoted text>@@@@@@@@@@
"HE"/ "THEY", will get cheaper Labor. After the same tactic is used to Bust your UNION as was used by many others of the "COOPORATION OF "CORPORACRACY"" .
The few thousand Caterpillar workers are nothing more then a "PIMPLE ON a Cat's BUTT"... You will be cleaned off with a little Solvent...
Why don't you drive by that plant an express that idiotic thought to the hard working men and women standing out there. I'll tell you why, because your a lazy coward hiding behind a keyboard and they would take turns making you look like a bigger fool than you already are.
Dr Viking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Retired 851 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you drive by that plant an express that idiotic thought to the hard working men and women standing out there. I'll tell you why, because your a lazy coward hiding behind a keyboard and they would take turns making you look like a bigger fool than you already are.
@@@@@@@@@
I am glad "YOU THINK THAT WAY." Because, I am on your side. Just to bad you don't understand what I wrote. If you did you would know why Cat is not compromising.("CORPORACRA CY")

That is a problem with most of your members. They are the BEST at what they do. But they are ignoret when it comes to the history of the political agenda of America.

Your Union supported OBAMA. He is undermining our CONSTITUTION. He and other presidents which your group followed has lead America down the path to "SOCALISM" backed with migrant labor. Get a FFFen Clue.

@@@@@@@@@@

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••