Vampire Diaries and True Blood are copycats of Twilight says Robert Pattinson

Nov 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Twilight! Twilight! Twilight that is all we hear. We love our vampire shows but which came first - Vampire Diaries, Twilight, or True Blood? We are not talking about any before or after but the ones that are the " most popular shows right now". But, why are we talking about this? Well, because Robert Pattinson made a comment this weekend in an ... (more)

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2012
Marifer

Coatzacoalcos, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

I think that VD and True Blood is not the same of Twilight, the stories of both are so diferent, so isn't the same :D
Victoria

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

But I personally think that all three have the same pretentious vibe...
And that all three are absolutely awful.
Yup

Reading, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Twilight is a BAD copycat of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So there!!!! GFY Robert Patterson!!!!
Yup

Reading, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

*Pattinson*
Skip it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

At least Vampire Diaries and True Blood has more action and drama than staring into each others eyes akwardly. And c'mon... They're vegetarians? Not a good excuse for vampires.
Skip it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Awkwardly* besides, the wolves are like used toys. They just chuck them in the movie and then it goes back to the pathetic vegetarians.
ummm

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

The Vampire Diaries are books from the 80s, and better written than Twilight.

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

I prefer the twilight books to the films and the vampire diaries series to the books. True blood is a cousin of Laurell k Hamilton's vampire hunter series "Anita Blake" which is an adult Buffy. I guess, it goes back to Anne Rice who made vampires "people" and wrote from their perspective with "Interview with the vampire" and follow-ups; she made them sexy too. Rice first introduced the idea of "vegetarian" too, except it wasn't so naive as the Twilight version of it. The original Dracula some figure wasen't original, but Varney the vampire by James Rhymer came before it; besides they were perhaps both based on other stories too.

“All around goth mommy”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Stephanie Myer ripped off Chrlaine Harris's ideas. Her first True Blood book came out way before that twilight shit ever started.

Since: Aug 12

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

I personally think that all vampire movies are predictable. So yes there are some similarities between Twilight, True Blood, and The Vampire Diaries.

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

SkylarPride wrote:
I personally think that all vampire movies are predictable. So yes there are some similarities between Twilight, True Blood, and The Vampire Diaries.
Even "interview" & "queen of the damned"?
Check out "the hunger" (based on Whitley Streiber's book)
Truth is here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

If rob thinks that, he is the stupidest person ever. The vampire diaries books came out WAAAAAAAAY before those dumb twilight books did. Look up the facts, people. true blood AND the vamp. diaries are way better than twilight.
Todd

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

Stephanie took the series to 'young love'... which is a cool thing for her to do. True Blood is adult and Southern.

Its the same set-up, but very different experiences and characters. Eric Northman said it best in True Blood, "There are as many different types of vampires as there are people... because we were people."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••