Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chicago to shoot 'Eagle Eye'

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Actor Shia LaBeouf was hanging out at a trendy River North nightclub known for its celebrity sightings shortly before being arrested early Sunday at a downtown Chicago Walgreens.
Comments
21 - 40 of 45 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2007
right here people

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

nice glassy eyes. drink much?
Leigh

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I personally cannot stand the security dudes at this particular location.(I'm not in NYC like the profile says, I'm right here in the Chi). I've had more than a few uncomfortable moments with one of them blatantly staring at me and making rude "flirtatious" remarks, even commenting on me to a female associate of the photo department. They are jerks and think that they can do whatever to whomever they want. They're the reason I go out of my way to the Walgreens further down Michigan Ave. I am pretty sure McCutie LaBeouf did nothing but make them jealous 'cause all the babes were hounding him and not them. LMAO This is a stupid story....
Leigh

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Joe wrote:
The actor was probably asking questions like: why is a bottle of orange juice almost $3? Why does a loaf of bread costs almost $4? Since there is a Walgreens on every other block in Chicago shouldn't your buying power allow you to lower your prices?
LOL! The rent in that area is high, so to make up for it, they price gouge. Or so this is what I was told by someone paying rent in the area.
Chris

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I am so tired of these Hollywood "thugs" feeling entitled and thinking they own the world. These rich spoiled athletes, OOPS, I mean actors. If this were an athlete I'm sure all the posts wouldn't be so kind to the rich pampered celeb!!!!!
Assume he did nothing wrong? He was publicly intoxicated and refused to leave. Oh, but since he's Mr. Squeak clean, he gets the benefit of the doubt?
regular reader

Franklin, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This is not news! For all we know the clerk just had a chip on his shoulder and wielded what little power he had. Give LaBeouf a little latitude since this is definitely not his normal behavior.
jac holtzman

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

My gawd...he is hawt. Why do the cops be hatin' on all these young studs who come to Chicago to make movies? Just my two cents...
SLC

Campinas, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Jeez, this is harly newsworthy. Not the same as if Brit-Brit flashed some beaver or LiLo went careening her Mercedes in to a family of five. C'mon.
Clam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Clam up or be banned from the "Greens". This is the Bush Administrangulation at its best. Welcome to Republicworld 2008!
Timmy

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This guy thinks he's a big movie star, yet he can't string a sentence together if he's not reading lines. To me, this makes him a dolt. Ever watch him being interviewed? The guy can't talk if he's not prompted and he can't come up with anything interesting to say.
DANIELLE from Anderson IN

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

First off.....shia is amazing. All the reporters are just trying to make him look bad. I have been a true Shia fan since he first started acting. He has an awesome career and Im sure all of this was a misunderstanding. This doesnt change how i feel about him and if youre a true fan of his you will feel the same way. Yea i havent met him (wish i could) but he is truly blessed with talent and i really dont think that he would put his career on the line. This story didnt make any since. He is old enough to go to the bars and just let the man have some privacy. More than likely he was just trying to buy some eye drops. hahha. Give the man a break. Even tho he was a little intoxicated, all of this is because the press wants to be in everyones business and will run with anything, I LOVE YOU SHIA. HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!!!
Get Real

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This does sound a LOT like a 'stay in the public eye' publicity stunt.
Kianna

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This is a shame he is a good actor
Hilary

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

So it isn't enough he does his job, he has to be witty and interesting at interviews or his is a "dolt"? He is a 21 years old actor! What has he done that is so interesting? I find most actors not interesting in interviews anyway. They are just actors. Might as well interview an office worker. If you want interesting interview people who have actually done something for the community or education or science or something important. If that happens to be an actor, fine, but people should stop elevating actors up as something more than they are.
Susan Richter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

What's the big deal? The young man apparently had a bit too much to drink and got into it with a security guard at a 24 hour drugstore. I just don't think this incident deserves to be front page news.
jen

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I don't understand. He was being distruptive or violent so why was he asked to leave several times? How is he trespassing when he entered an establishment that is supposed to be opened for 24 hours? Any details on the reason why he got arrested? So confused...no one is reporting the why?
jen

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

oops i meant he wasn't being distruptive or violent..
Mike

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Susan Richter wrote:
What's the big deal? The young man apparently had a bit too much to drink and got into it with a security guard at a 24 hour drugstore. I just don't think this incident deserves to be front page news.
Exactly. It's not like he got into a fight with the security guy or tore stuff up in the store. Just sounds like a verbal altercation that went a bit too far. He's a kid and hopefully will learn that when you are a public figure you can't always act the same way other people your age can.

And as far as this being a publicity stunt on his part, why would he need to do that? After all, he is coming off fronting a movie that has made at least a half-billion dollars worldwide since it was released over the summer. He certainly doesn't need to go looking for publicity, and he comes across as an under-the-radar type of guy who doesn't think that way, anyhow.
castra regina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

With the writers on strike can this no talent even put together a cogent sentence?
Matt

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Why is this even news?
He didn't hurt anyone or damage property?
SLC

Campinas, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Last time I'll say it , the boy just needs a good BITCHSLAP to get back in line (WHAP!). Left unchecked, this kid will end up being the next "Danny Bonanduce like" drunkard has-been living in a bottle and beating on doped up transvestites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Greatest Game Ever Played Discussions

Search the The Greatest Game Ever Played Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Actor Shia LaBeouf arrested in Hollywood on sus... (Jul '08) Jul '08 jsd 25
New 'Ace Ventura' Detected - Josh Flitter will ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 no ventura without carry 1
Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chicago to shoo... (Dec '07) Dec '07 SOMEBODY 1
No Charges Against 'Transformers' Star - Shia L... (Dec '07) Dec '07 jordan 3
LaBeouf to Star in New `Indiana Jones' (Dec '07) Dec '07 LOLA pants 1
'Transformers's' Shia LaBeouf Arrested - Where'... (Nov '07) Nov '07 jug 12
LaBeouf arrested in Chicago (Nov '07) Nov '07 Daniel 8
•••
•••
•••