$4,000,000 Upgrade to College Drive

Jul 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ISurfHopkins

MADISONVILLE, KY With survey crews out putting up stakes, residents of College Drive wanted to know "What are you doing to our street?" A meeting with Highway Department officials and State Senator Jerry Rhoads was requested and held Wednesday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rick

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Judged:

Guarantee you they wouldn't spend that kind of money in Brentwood subdivision or other "poor" parts of town!
TOTAL waste of money......
Greg Husley

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

WOW, what a shocker! The rich parts of town gets more money thrown at them! WAY to go, great job Madisonville!!! Maybe the "common folk" can drive by and see what their money goes for, but they better drive fast because those rich B*st*rds don't want them to be seen in their hood!
man

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

I never got a job or made a dollar from a poor man. That life, get use to it.
Rick

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Who do you think MADE those people rich??? WORKING POOR PEOPLE!
john

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

Rick wrote:
Who do you think MADE those people rich??? WORKING POOR PEOPLE!
not all those people are "rich" What is wrong with someone wanting to live in a nice home, in a nice neighborhood? Most of the people in the neighborhood have mortgages just like anyone else. It is not the residents that want the road widened, actually they are opposed to the project and also think it is a total waste of money. Maybe all the jealous people should further their education and get better jobs so that they can live with the "rich bastards"
salas59

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

Judged:

College Drive is a state highway, not a city street. We can all thank State Senator Jerry Rhoads and his wife, MCC President Dr Judy Rhoads, for this load of crap.
jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

What about Center st? Will they finish that first?
BeSerious

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

I am still waiting for widening if Main street from Hospital Drive to McDonalds
jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

They have all the streets torn up.I wonder what they are up to this time?
man

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

They repaved it Jumpie, go take a look. The mexican won't get you.
jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

man wrote:
They repaved it Jumpie, go take a look. The mexican won't get you.
Who peed in your corn flakes this morning 'Man-lover?
JOCLO

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Doesn't anyone think that the college needs sidewalks going to it? Have you ever seen the amount of people walking down the side of the road? Just a matter of time before someone gets hit. I do agree that putting in a turn lane is over the top. IMHO
analbeads

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

the people in the college drive area have been asking for street lights and sidewalks for 20 years now. and guess what..they pay their fair share of taxes too. as for being in the 'rich' part of town? seems they lay new sidewalks on kentucky ave about every other year. hopewell has streetlights. simply add sidewalks and lights and reduce the speed limit to 35 and ENFORCE IT! hell there are sidewalks from walmart to anton! talk about a waste of money!!! oh well, if nothing else maybe we can get one of those beautiful cast iron statues
man

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

If you would install a basketball hoop at the end and have a few dealers and hos standing on the side of the road the city would put in the sidewalks.
college hts

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

analbeads wrote:
the people in the college drive area have been asking for street lights and sidewalks for 20 years now. and guess what..they pay their fair share of taxes too. as for being in the 'rich' part of town? seems they lay new sidewalks on kentucky ave about every other year. hopewell has streetlights. simply add sidewalks and lights and reduce the speed limit to 35 and ENFORCE IT! hell there are sidewalks from walmart to anton! talk about a waste of money!!! oh well, if nothing else maybe we can get one of those beautiful cast iron statues
good job i grew up out that way, the people who go to mcc drive through the yards and throw trash everywhere side walks would be great then i wouldnt be calling my mom after she and some of her friends go walking to make sure she made it home why cant a park be built out that way hopewell has one
college hts

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

john wrote:
<quoted text>not all those people are "rich" What is wrong with someone wanting to live in a nice home, in a nice neighborhood? Most of the people in the neighborhood have mortgages just like anyone else. It is not the residents that want the road widened, actually they are opposed to the project and also think it is a total waste of money. Maybe all the jealous people should further their education and get better jobs so that they can live with the "rich bastards"
i know my fam lost about half an acre in the first street to mcc project
tight was

Opelika, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Waste of money
chipper

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Is there a website to verify this cost estimate. Just wanting to read more about this.
DaTruth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

college hts wrote:
<quoted text>
i know my fam lost about half an acre in the first street to mcc project
I'm sure you were paid well for that half acre you "lost." Geez! You wanted someone to think the state just came through there and said hey, we're taking this so get over it and have a nice day?!?
NOYB

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Well, tell me, how much of a kick back dod Jerry Rhoads and his female dog wife, the bitch if MCC President I mean Queen Judy get from the college after Jerry got the state to set aside all that money. A while back Jerry got $5 million to make the entrance more beautiful. This is after Bitch Judy cut programs at the trade school. Good thing that Jerry's days are comming to an end as state Rep. Hit the road, Jerry Rhoads. You are out!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••