Anika Noni Rose to be Featured in the Mountaintop at William Inge Theater Festival, 4/23

Apr 2, 2010 Full story: www.broadwayworld.com 32

The multi-talented Anika Noni Rose -Grammy nominated singer, Tony Award-winning actress- is on stage at the William Inge Theatre Festival to undertake one of the most anticipated new roles of theater today.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SEKS Eddie

Independence, KS

#1 Apr 5, 2010
First Class stuff Inge. Thank you!
cashed out

Chanute, KS

#2 Apr 5, 2010
SEKS Eddie wrote:
First Class stuff Inge. Thank you!
Isn't it time to pull the plug on the Inge Festival? It costs more to put it on each year than it brings in, so what's the point? To serve one or two egos at ICC?
ingeewhooptedoo

Independence, KS

#3 Apr 5, 2010
Who Cares???

The town is going to hell in a handbasket and we still talk about this crap??

“i want to win the lottery”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Apr 5, 2010
i dont know if the inge festival "show" is handled the same way as the neewollah musical, but i thought that each year's budget was based on the earnings of the previous year's show? i could be totally wrong. but if the money is coming from the tax payers then its a shame. not that it might not be a good show, but there are other things to worry about and there's a musical in the fall that provides live, theatrical entertainment. however, we should always give support to the people who participate in the shows, it takes a lot to get up there...
Financial culture

Mumbai, India

#5 Apr 6, 2010
I read the full story and review your site...nice information contain ur site.
scrooge

Chanute, KS

#6 Apr 6, 2010
old dawg wrote:
i dont know if the inge festival "show" is handled the same way as the neewollah musical, but i thought that each year's budget was based on the earnings of the previous year's show? i could be totally wrong. but if the money is coming from the tax payers then its a shame. not that it might not be a good show, but there are other things to worry about and there's a musical in the fall that provides live, theatrical entertainment. however, we should always give support to the people who participate in the shows, it takes a lot to get up there...
After last year's Inge Festival, one of the ICC trustees was quoted in the Reporter about the continual loss of money. The director of the festival director replied it's "a loss leader," bringing prestige and students to ICC.
Taxpayer

Independence, KS

#7 Apr 6, 2010
We should pull the plug on this useless festival. The only reason it's here is to make the theater department wet themselves. ICC needs to find another way to make themselves heard. Besides searching continuously in the Bronx for athletes. Have you seen the team, looks like a police line up!
Inge supporter

Independence, KS

#8 Apr 24, 2010
I have been attending the Inge events at ICC, and I have been quite impressed. It is nice to have something to do in Southeast Kansas besides an athletic event. Having some "top" theatre names in our little town is amazing. Last night I got to watch Tom Jones, writer of the Fantasticks and Yvette Freeman, from ER fame. The actress from The Prince and The Frog has been here this week, as well as lesser know names. It's amazing to be amidst such great talent, and it pulls in people from out of town who spend cash. They spend cash on hotel rooms, food, shops, and gas. I really don't think it is useless.
jackbone

Wichita, KS

#9 Apr 24, 2010
Inge is an anchor on the college, the community, and the taxpayers. You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV.
William Inge was a homosexual, that commited suicide, what a role model????

Since: Feb 09

South Texas

#10 Apr 24, 2010
jackbone wrote:
Inge is an anchor on the college, the community, and the taxpayers. You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV.
William Inge was a homosexual, that commited suicide, what a role model????
You show your ignorance...Inge was a playwright and novelist, not an actor. Back in the day his plays were the talk of Broadway...The themes of his plays were mostly of small town problems usings his boyhood experiences growing up in Independence as a backdrop for his stories.

It is sad that someone is so unhappy with their live that they would take their own life, but it happens and life goes on...
jackbone

Wichita, KS

#11 Apr 24, 2010
Marcus Tullius Cicero wrote:
<quoted text>You show your ignorance...Inge was a playwright and novelist, not an actor. Back in the day his plays were the talk of Broadway...The themes of his plays were mostly of small town problems usings his boyhood experiences growing up in Independence as a backdrop for his stories.
It is sad that someone is so unhappy with their live that they would take their own life, but it happens and life goes on...
Where in my comment did I say he was an actor? butthair! I believe it is your ignorance!
I don't care what plays he wrote that were the talk of broadway, or what his stories pertained to! Inge is a financial anchor on the college, and William Inge was a homosexual, alcholic, that was more than likely plagued by his addictions, and alternative lifestyle, that selfishly ended his life, "NOT A GOOD ROLE MODLE" the way I see it, if you don't like my opinion, thats your problem.

Since: Feb 09

South Texas

#12 Apr 24, 2010
jackbone wrote:
<quoted text>Where in my comment did I say he was an actor? butthair! I believe it is your ignorance!
I don't care what plays he wrote that were the talk of broadway, or what his stories pertained to! Inge is a financial anchor on the college, and William Inge was a homosexual, alcholic, that was more than likely plagued by his addictions, and alternative lifestyle, that selfishly ended his life, "NOT A GOOD ROLE MODLE" the way I see it, if you don't like my opinion, thats your problem.
Your words..."You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV." That implies that you believed that Inge was an actor...He may not be a role model, but he wasn't an actor...

ignorant...ignorant...ignorant ...
Inge supporter

Independence, KS

#13 Apr 24, 2010
Jackbone...with a name like that I can't believe you would be throwing stones about being a good role model. Typical. You are an anchor on SEK with that narrow point of view. You don't like my opinion, THAT"S YOUR PROBLEM!
jackbone

Wichita, KS

#14 Apr 25, 2010
Inge supporter wrote:
Jackbone...with a name like that I can't believe you would be throwing stones about being a good role model. Typical. You are an anchor on SEK with that narrow point of view. You don't like my opinion, THAT"S YOUR PROBLEM!
You evidently don't know Jackbone!
I guess I am a good enough role model for you to use about 70 percent of my exact words! I'm flattered!
And if I'm narrow because I don't believe an alcholic, homosexual person that commited suicide is a good role model, then you are planktonso! THATS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!
jackbone

Wichita, KS

#15 Apr 25, 2010
Marcus Tullius Cicero wrote:
<quoted text>Your words..."You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV." That implies that you believed that Inge was an actor...He may not be a role model, but he wasn't an actor...
ignorant...ignorant...ignorant ...
Blinded by your own babble! If you'd read and comprehend a bit, instead of constantly pumping hot stench air out of that blow hole, you might understand what was said! Now go back up and re-read, if you don't have the capacity to understand what was said, I don't have the time to explain it to you!

Since: Feb 09

South Texas

#16 Apr 25, 2010
jackbone wrote:
<quoted text>Blinded by your own babble! If you'd read and comprehend a bit, instead of constantly pumping hot stench air out of that blow hole, you might understand what was said! Now go back up and re-read, if you don't have the capacity to understand what was said, I don't have the time to explain it to you!
Okay...I reread...

You said... "You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV." That is a direct quote.

When one uses the word "more" in a sentence, it is used as a comparative...the meaning I get is that you are comparing Inge with other actors by saying that the actors on TV are MORE talented...except, as I pointed out, Inge is not an actor but rather a playwright and novelist...your meaning was clear to me and you didn't know what you were talking about...

You seem to be hung up on Inge's homosexuality and not the works that he created for others to enjoy...in fact; you are so hung up on his homosexuality that you have not even bothered to learn anything about him; the fact that he was a playwright and not an actor.

The Inge Festival doesn't celebrate his private life, but instead, looks at what he and other playwrights have created...

Much of the Festival's finances are underwritten by the Kansas Arts Commission and corporate and private donations...

The taxpayer monies used for this activity are at least a good of use of money as any of the multiple athletic events that are held all year long.

Since: Feb 09

South Texas

#17 Apr 25, 2010
I haven't got the time to hang around for a reply, I need to report for work and will be on the road for about two weeks. Have fun with this and I will look forward to more of your rather engaging remarks...

MTC
denny

Chanute, KS

#18 Apr 25, 2010
jackbone wrote:
Inge is an anchor on the college, the community, and the taxpayers. You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV.
William Inge was a homosexual, that commited suicide, what a role model????
Ignorant people like you helped drive him to it, and I daresay he's a better "role model" (although I hate that cliched term) than your and your type.
denny

Chanute, KS

#19 Apr 25, 2010
jackbone wrote:
Inge is an anchor on the college, the community, and the taxpayers. You can watch much more famous actors, and actresses on your TV.
William Inge was a homosexual, that commited suicide, what a role model????
P.S. I'd rather be an alcoholic homosexual suicide, with a Pulitzer Prize and an Academy Award honoring me, than an ignorant "Deliverance" hillbilly like you.
DOLHOP

Independence, KS

#20 Apr 25, 2010
denny wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I'd rather be an alcoholic homosexual suicide, with a Pulitzer Prize and an Academy Award honoring me, than an ignorant "Deliverance" hillbilly like you.
You seriously have no room to be calling anyone ignorant! But I am wondering which cliche are you? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Splendor in the Grass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mat Smart Wins 2014 William Inge Theatre Festiv... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Greaser 3
Inge Festival to Honor Arthur Kopit in Independ... (Aug '13) Sep '13 beaner 6
Remembering Phyllis Diller: Stand-Up Comedy Pio... (Aug '12) Aug '12 who cares 1
Act 1 presents 1950s Inge family drama (Oct '10) Oct '10 Vewe33 2
Globes Puts Spotlight on Warren Beatty (Jan '07) Jan '07 Rhonda 3

Splendor in the Grass People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE