Roger Ebert: Don't stay awake for new 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

Jackie Earle Haley portrays Freddy Krueger in New Line Cinema s horror film, A Nightmare On Elm Street. Full Story
Christian

Staten Island, NY

#1 Apr 29, 2010
Nightmare on Elm Street is going to be amazing, you dont what your talking about ! all you critics do is put good movies down !
Lilith Starr

Brandywine, MD

#2 Apr 29, 2010
I have to agree with the majority of this critic. I mean I don't see the reason of this remake, because the first 7 or 8 films were pretty self explanatory. This movie didn't change anything except for the fact that this new Freddy is more serious (which is boring, because the old Freddy had a different more comical way of killing), which was different and needed in the sea of always serious, dreadful killers. This movie lacks all the sparks of the old flicks, but I have to admit a few of the others "Nightmare's on Elm Street" are cringe worthy, the plots did lack, but I feel they were better then this remake. I hope they leave it as this (which I doubt).
Travis

Knoxville, TN

#3 Apr 29, 2010
Just watched the film, I thought it was good. The new Freddy kinda grows on you by the end. As for Ebert calling the film a bore and not scary, tell me witch one of the films was scary. I always enjoyed this franchise, but always found them more funny than scary. Some scenes are intense and it looks like they took the Rob Zombie "Halloween" course on explaining the mind of a killer.I give the film 7/10 and worth taking your girl to see.
silver screen

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Apr 30, 2010
When will hollywood give up on washed up pathetic sequels next thing there will be a another rocky movie with sly stallone this time he fights a foe he cant beat old age and osteoporosis which finally has him down for the count . Adrian I've fallen and cant get up .Want more horror howabout another rambo movie this time its personal he battles a pack of gone wild hillbillys bent on destroying walmarts by planting bombs on the motorized scooters in their stores now theres a movie plot that will captivate the movie viewers. It seems like the script writers of movies are running out of ideas for new movies to make a buck so its lets revive a old sequel and see how it sells no matter how pathetic it might be .
Floss Your Teeth

York, PA

#5 Apr 30, 2010
floss your teeth before you go see the movie. we don't
want any cavities during the show. and avoid candy. take
some hard boiled eggs along to snack on.
EVELINA YORK PA

York, PA

#6 Apr 30, 2010
I WISH THEY WOULD OFF STAYED WITH THE OLD FREDDY
CAN THEY EXPLAIN THE REASON WHY HE WAS NOT ABLE TO DO THE PART
Bomma

Mount Laurel, NJ

#7 Apr 30, 2010
I can't believe Ebert wasted his time on watching such trash. Maybe he was just there to take a nap.
I Hate Critics

United States

#8 May 1, 2010
I saw the movie and I enjoyed it. It's just something to do on Fridays nights, to see movies no matter good or bad they are. screw critics. If Roger Ebert wants to see a truly scary movie, I suggest that he stare at his half a$$ face in the mirror. That'll get a scream out of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Nightmare Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Movie review: 'My Soul to Take' (Oct '10) Oct '10 Aaron 1
Craven eyes Danbury for fright film (Mar '08) Mar '08 DAW 22
A Nightmare On Elm Street (Feb '06) Nov '06 Angel V 5
More from around the web