Tom Jones - Tom Jones Warned Elvis Presley About Drugs

Apr 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ContactMusic.com

Sir Tom Jones advised Elvis Presley to stay away from drugs when they both had regular slots at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the 60s and 70s.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2012
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

I used to like Tom Jones, but now I hate him. He is always pretending to have been a friend of Elvis, then coming up with these stories that are backhanded insults.

Elvis was not into recreational drugs. And Jones has practically accused Elvis of being gay for him.

"Presley was this big drughead who was gay for me"--that's what he is promoting.

He is jealous because even after he has been dead for all this time, no one will ever forget who Elvis is, but many people never even heard of Tom Jones, even though he's still trying!!

AJR

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 25, 2012
 
I still like his singing....He's no worse than the rest of them telling their stories. Most leave their parts out...
Tom is cool

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 25, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

1

Lee wrote:
"Presley was this big drughead who was gay for me"--that's what he is promoting.
How on EARTH do you get THAT from the article?!

What, you don't believe Elvis did drugs or was an addict?

Tom Jones was and is cool, and was a good friend to Elvis.
Lee

Cobb, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Tom is cool wrote:
<quoted text>
How on EARTH do you get THAT from the article?!
What, you don't believe Elvis did drugs or was an addict?
Tom Jones was and is cool, and was a good friend to Elvis.
Elvis did not do recreational drugs, or go around telling people that he was into drugs, like it was fun.

Tom has also said things that implied that Elvis was gay for him.

He is no friend of Elvis.
Wrong

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 3, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Elvis did not do recreational drugs, or go around telling people that he was into drugs, like it was fun.
Tom has also said things that implied that Elvis was gay for him.
He is no friend of Elvis.
Fact: Elvis used marijuana, cocaine and LSD. All rereational drugs.

And where exactly did Tom imply Elvis was gay for him? You should provide a link.

That is ridiculous.
Rose

Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Elvis did not do recreational drugs, or go around telling people that he was into drugs, like it was fun.

And you know this because you were there?

Tom has also said things that implied that Elvis was gay for him.
He is no friend of Elvis.
Where does it mention anything about being gay?
Sheik Yerbouti

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 4, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

Tom never said Elvis was gay, gossip from people is all it is.
Elvis was far from gay, but yea sadly he did drugs,a lesson we should learn from.
Lee

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: Elvis used marijuana, cocaine and LSD. All rereational drugs.
And where exactly did Tom imply Elvis was gay for him? You should provide a link.
That is ridiculous.
Do you never read??? He said that Elvis peeked at him in the shower!!
Lee

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Tom never said Elvis was gay, gossip from people is all it is.
Elvis was far from gay, but yea sadly he did drugs,a lesson we should learn from.
No, he didn't come out and say that Elvis was gay, but he implies it.
Lee

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 9, 2012
 
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: Elvis used marijuana, cocaine and LSD. All rereational drugs.
And where exactly did Tom imply Elvis was gay for him? You should provide a link.
That is ridiculous.
Observer, how many more identities do you plan to adopt? Don't you know that we can see you???

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>No, he didn't come out and say that Elvis was gay, but he implies it.
No, he doesn't.
For a person who bleats on endlessly about the fact that there should libel laws to protect the dead, it seems that you have no problem insulting the living.
Lee

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't.
For a person who bleats on endlessly about the fact that there should libel laws to protect the dead, it seems that you have no problem insulting the living.
The living cand defend themselves. Anyway, I never said anyone should not be allowed to INSULT the dead. People have a right to their opinions. I said people should not be allowed to LIE about the dead. Big difference.
Yes, I think when a guy says that another guy followed him into the shower and peeked at him, that is implying that the guy might be gay for him.
Lee

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fat Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't imply that he was gay. And Jones didn't say peeked.
And I'm Natalie, you goose.
O.K, he said "looked". What difference does it make??

Are you Natalie, or are you just Observer PRETENDING to be Natalie??
Lee still fat

Dural, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>O.K, he said "looked". What difference does it make??
Are you Natalie, or are you just Observer PRETENDING to be Natalie??
He was JOKING about a gay thing OBVIOUSLY.

Still Natalie, moron,
Lee

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lee still fat wrote:
<quoted text>
He was JOKING about a gay thing OBVIOUSLY.
Still Natalie, moron,
I don't think he was kidding.
the dave macc

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 5, 2012
 
lee you must be reading the wrong stuff. it is a well known fact just about all of Elvis Presley's entourage admit Elvis took drugs recreational or not what is the difference . your doctor gives you a prescription for sleeping tablets but you take them to help you sleep because your high in adrenaline base drugs because your tired . that is drug abuse ..

I have been in a room with people miss using prescription drugs and they get weird !!.

so if it is said elvis got a bit iffy i would not be surprised.

he has been dead what 40 years so really who gives a fucking shit!!! get a grip you prick !!

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Do you never read??? He said that Elvis peeked at him in the shower!!
TRUTH

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Elvis was, and always will be, gay.
LA Woman

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

TRUTH wrote:
Elvis was, and always will be, gay.
So what does it say about you, gaywad, that you'd take time to post in an Elvis forum then?

Moron troll. Go back to where you came from.
Lee

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 15, 2012
 
the dave macc wrote:
lee you must be reading the wrong stuff. it is a well known fact just about all of Elvis Presley's entourage admit Elvis took drugs recreational or not what is the difference . your doctor gives you a prescription for sleeping tablets but you take them to help you sleep because your high in adrenaline base drugs because your tired . that is drug abuse ..
I have been in a room with people miss using prescription drugs and they get weird !!.
so if it is said elvis got a bit iffy i would not be surprised.
he has been dead what 40 years so really who gives a fucking shit!!! get a grip you prick !!
<quoted text>
In their first books, they said that he did not drink,(until Priscilla started freezing him out) and that he did not do recreational drugs. Then later, they claimed that he did.

But that is not the point. If you are a "friend" of someone, you don't come out years later and, everytime the person's name comes up, remind the world of his faults, true or not. He could always say they had good times together, etc. without bringing up drugs or the "fact" that Elvis peeked at him in the shower.

People who do that are trying to minimize the person in the public eye, no matter what kind of friend they claim to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Musical Movies Discussions

Search the Musical Movies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Poopdeck Pappy Statue Joins Popeye at the Septe... (Jun '10) 15 hr my humble opinion 15
Get Prepped for the Popeye Picnic in Chester Il... (Oct '08) Jul 25 Rabbi Rothstein 9
What You Said - Barrymore Back on TV? After Mic... (Oct '06) Jul 24 Bermondsey Girl 42,565
Zac Efron sneaks out of Michelle Rodriguez's ho... Jul 22 Beverly Clark 1
Walken to play Hook in TV musical Jul 19 Lil 1
Leonardo DiCaprio: Scorsese's biggest fan (Mar '10) Jul 15 Harry King 13
Disability didn't stop rocker Eric Leefe Jul 14 Pussycat whipped roaming 1
•••
•••
•••