Debbie Reynolds recalls life in Depression-era El Paso

Full story: El Paso Times 26
Debbie Reynolds hasn't been back to El Paso in nearly 60 years, so her memories of the dusty little town where she was born are sketchy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
So What

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2010
So?
just you

El Paso, TX

#2 Aug 1, 2010
Great Recession today caused by Republican cronies and their corporatist party.
So you better listen

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 1, 2010
Trust me those days are right around the corner...
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Well written story Doug! It has all the facts a person would be interested in- the addresses where she lived and her school.
Ms D

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Aug 1, 2010
That's right Ms. Reynolds...They do build them tough in El Paso, Texas!
tejano

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 1, 2010
So you better listen wrote:
Trust me those days are right around the corner...
what the hell! am I the only one that lived thru those evil, horrible times, I was born in west texas in 1948 and into the late 1950s we lived like that, pinto beans, flour tortillas, raised chickens, dirt poor.
Mark

Conroe, TX

#7 Aug 1, 2010
2208 Erie = 2208 Murchison now. Just down the street from Sunset High.
NObama

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 1, 2010
"I remember when it would rain, I'd run out and eat the mud. I thought it was so wonderful. My mother would run out and pull me in."

Yuck!!!!
Darth Paso

AOL

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Debbie Reynolds' gave birth to her daughter, who is Carrie Fisher/"Princess Leia" of Star Wars,
so that makes Debbie Reynolds' husband... Darth Vader.
Darth Paso

AOL

#10 Aug 1, 2010
"I told you so, I told you so".
I love her.
NineteenRabbit

Mexico

#11 Aug 1, 2010
There were a hundred thousand people in El Paso in 1951--I doubt it.
Hash

El Paso, TX

#12 Aug 1, 2010
I love her on Will and Grace!!!
Kelly

El Paso, TX

#13 Aug 1, 2010
NineteenRabbit wrote:
There were a hundred thousand people in El Paso in 1951--I doubt it.
You're right - by 1950 there were 130,003. If you don't know what you're commenting on, don't type anything.

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#14 Aug 1, 2010
Born in El Paso, never knew,,,,,,
el paso citizen

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2010
great story!
ike

Farmington, NM

#16 Aug 1, 2010
Much much better story than Kim Kardashian. THis woman is graceful,said it was sad memory. But I didn't sense any regret or prejudice, she said they build'em tough in Ep. I can imagine all the krap that Kim was talking and they paid her to come. Debbie Reynolds has talent.
Get Real

El Paso, TX

#17 Aug 1, 2010
Grew up watching Debbie Reynolds movies. She is one of the great ones still left of an era that gave us Elizabeth Taylor, Clark Gable, John Wayne and Richard Burton and an era where the sex in a movie was hinted at but not shown on screen. When Singin' in the Rain came out I begged my parents for dancing lessons but after a few weeks of class it was determined that my talent lay in other areas like plucking the feathers out of the chickens.
TJJackson

El Paso, TX

#18 Aug 1, 2010
ike wrote:
Much much better story than Kim Kardashian. THis woman is graceful,said it was sad memory. But I didn't sense any regret or prejudice, she said they build'em tough in Ep. I can imagine all the krap that Kim was talking and they paid her to come. Debbie Reynolds has talent.
So true. And Reynolds is a lady with class.

Kardashian? Is she famous mostly for being famous? Os is she famous for the size of her butt?
Alp

Jensen Beach, FL

#19 Aug 1, 2010
I'm still trying to remember the bar I met her Uncle Harmond.We became good friend over the years,and he was still alive in the early 1970's
Across from KROC? on piedras? Was it Jimmys bar?
Bonjour

El Paso, TX

#20 Aug 1, 2010
I love Debbie Reynolds. Amazing what the City has Created! Dirt poor people who new if they get the hell out of El Pisso, They'll make it.

PEOPLE OF EL PISSO! LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mother Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fall TV Preview: A few new-show surprises stand... (Sep '10) Sep '10 T-Wolves Stink 5
Debbie Reynolds shed tears on set of 'Singin' i... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Becky Baca 3
Debbie Reynolds to discuss 'Singin' in the Rain... (Jun '10) Jun '10 stoopid 11
Susan Sarandon - Sarandon Searches for Grandma ... (May '10) May '10 PEGG 1
Movie Review | Mother: Dark mystery explores fa... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike Goffee 1
Olympia Dukakis joins forces with Marco Barrice... (Apr '10) Apr '10 laurel s 1
Albert Brooks Is Waiting in the 'Weeds' - 'Find... (Apr '08) Apr '08 delia 1

Mother People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE